Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ge. I was supposed to tell you how much closer I was to achieving my goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon.But since my las

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.11.2019 13:35
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Despite Baylor s impending coaching change and a late-season slump, the school still intends to play in a postseason bowl, athletic director Mack Rhoades said Monday.Our intent, at this time, is to accept a bowl bid for our student-athletes who have worked so hard to earn it over the course of this season, Rhoades said in a statement provided to ESPN. Our focus, as it has been throughout the season, is on our student-athletes and trying to finish strong against a great West Virginia team this weekend in Morgantown.Interim coach Jim Grobe signed an eight-month contract earlier this year, when he replaced fired coach Art Briles. Grobe reiterated Monday that he would not be a candidate for the position in 2017 and said its doubtful the new coach would retain any of the current assistants, in part because of their ties to Briles.The Bears (6-5) opened the season 6-0 and were ranked No. 8 in the Associated Press poll but have since lost five consecutive games. After a 35-34 loss to Texas on Oct. 29, Baylor lost four more by an average margin of 25 points.Following the Nov. 19 loss to Kansas State, several seniors told Baylor officials that they wanted to participate in a bowl game. Baylor ends the regular season Saturday at West Virginia. Gunner Olszewski Jersey . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Sony Michel Jersey . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. https://www.patriotsjerseysale.com/541p-mohamed-sanu-sr-jersey-patriots.html . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Jermaine Eluemunor Jersey .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. Houston Antwine Jersey . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. For this mid-training check-in, I was supposed to tell you that my speed was improving and that my body was holding up to the increases in mileage. I was supposed to tell you how much closer I was to achieving my goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon.But since my last blog post on Aug. 31, I suffered a setback. I bruised the bottom of my foot after running in poorly soled shoes through a parking lot full of rocks (an idiotic move on my part). Running became excruciating after it happened.Before that, I felt fairly confident in how my training was progressing. But now, Im behind by 10 workouts (Ive completed only 48 of the 58 I shouldve finished by now). And I struggled through two 10-mile easy runs.It was difficult to realize that I had to take time off, but the ultimate goal of crossing the finish line helped me see the need for it. Regardless, I feel like my goal to qualify for Boston is slowly slipping out of my reach. There is no perfect barometer for judging how my training is going, so Im going off of my past experiences. Based on how I felt at this point during previous training cycles, I think I have an uphill battle to get to race day.But Ive had a lot of time to reflect while running -- and had even more for the period when I wasnt running. These setbacks are part of the journey and part of the glory that I can celebrate once I cross the finish line. As much as qualifying for Boston is the goal for Nov. 6, I cant forget to enjoy the ride and know that, at the end of the race, no matter what time the clock reads, I will have run another marathon.Kara Goucher, a long-distance runner and former Olympian once said, Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you make the choice to keep looking ahead. If that doesnt express my feelings about training these past few days, I dont know what would.I still have a little more than two months to train as best as I can and set up a comeback story. There will always be self-doubt, all the way up to the starting line, and controlling that self-douubt is something I need to continue to work on.dddddddddddd.So -- there are three things I want to address in the next two months of training. The first is to be more consistent with my cross training to improve my core strength, with the goal of improving my running form. I also want to practice yoga once a week to improve my flexibility and strength.The second is focus on my attitude. No one said running or training for a marathon is easy, and during this recent setback, Ive been too focused on the big picture of qualifying for Boston and have convinced myself I wont achieve my goal. But I still have about two months to become stronger and faster, and Ill set smaller, achievable hurdles to get my attitude back on track.Lastly, I want to have little more discipline with my eating habits. It was easy to fall into the summer trap of eating ice cream and thinking I had plenty of time until race day. Well, now Im 10 weeks through my 18 week program, and I really need to tighten the belt (pun intended) on my eating habits.The last two weeks have been far from what I envisioned for this training cycle. The next two months will test my mental and physical limits with strange work hours, longer workouts and the desire to get better. I cant predict what exactly will happen on Nov. 6, but I can assure you Ill be doing everything in my power to finish the New York City Marathon without any regrets.Training Notebook:Longest run: 14 miles Hardest run: 10 easy miles after coming back from a week off Highest weekly mileage: 41 miles (hasnt changed since the last post) Biggest accomplishment: Listening to my body during my most recent setback and not hurting it moreMegan Flood is a seven-time marathoner and half marathoner. She is on a quest to qualify for the Boston Marathon and hopes New York 2016 is her ticket to Boston. You can follow her progress every other week here on espnW.com and on Twitter @meganflood11. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen