Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

rs to become champions after flirting with relegation for most of last season and they were playing in League One as recently as

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.11.2019 13:34
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Viktor Stalberg believes the Nashville Predators have many of the elements in place to start winning again. Their chances of bouncing back from a disappointing season could depend on whether the 27-year-old forward can help solve his new teams scoring problems. Less than two weeks after winning the Stanley Cup with the Chicago Blackhawks, Stalberg signed a four-year, $12 million contract to join Nashville as part of the Predators uncharacteristic free-agent spending spree. The Predators are counting on Stalberg to boost an offence that scored just 2.27 goals per game this past season to match the Florida Panthers for the lowest average in the NHL. "Just from playing against them the last couple of years, I know theyre very well-built and well-coached," Stalberg said Monday during a conference call with Nashville media. "Hopefully, I can add some offence to that team as well." As the free-agent period opened Friday, the Predators signed five players to contracts totalling over $36 million. Stalberg joined forwards Matt Cullen, Matt Hendricks and Eric Nystrom and goaltender Carter Hutton in signing with Nashville. Stalberg is moving from the Stanley Cup champions to a Nashville team that finished last in the Central Division and 14th out of 15 teams in the Western Conference with a 16-23-9 record. The switch should allow Stalberg to have more of a chance to show what he can do. "I wanted to come to a team where I could have a bigger opportunity and play a little bit more," Stalberg said. "As you guys know, in Chicago we had superstars. ... Its tough to get the opportunity ahead of those guys, and theyre going to get the big minutes. I had a couple of good years there, but I think I can keep improving. I dont think Ive reached my potential." Stalberg had 22 goals and 21 assists in 2011-12 for the Blackhawks. Stalberg followed that up with nine goals and 14 assists in 47 games this past season, but he struggled to earn playing time during the Blackhawks playoff run. The presence of star forwards Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa made it difficult for Stalberg to break through. "They had a lot of high-end forwards, so he never got a lot of opportunities in those situations," Predators coach Barry Trotz said Friday when Nashville announced all the new signings. "He ended up being on the third line, some fourth line, which is probably not his role. You dont get the same opportunities." Asked whether he got a fair shot at becoming a top-six forward in Chicago, Stalberg replied, "Yes and no." "Certainly you cant be mad at that, either," Stalberg said. "Look at that lineup. Thats just the way it is. Its probably the last couple of years the best team in hockey if you look at the roster. At the same time that you want to be on a good team - winning and all that - it might not be the opportunity to reach my potential." He should have that opportunity in Nashville, which traditionally has been known for its defence. The Predators have one of the leagues top goaltenders in Pekka Rinne and an elite defenceman in captain Shea Weber. They improved their defence even more by selecting highly touted Seth Jones with the fourth overall pick in the draft. "Looking at that, I think what they were missing was offensive players, but thats certainly what they went out and looked for in free agency," Stalberg said. "Thats why I decided to go there. I think theyve got a good thing going. Obviously getting back to the playoffs is the big thing next year." Rick Tocchet Jersey . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Rod Buskas Jersey .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/1711q-markus-naslund-jersey-penguins.html . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Zach Aston-Reese Jersey . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Jaromir Jagr Jersey . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee.Leicester City have completed one of the most remarkable triumphs in sporting history by winning the 2015/16 Premier League title. The clubs first top-flight championship in their 132-year history was sealed following Tottenhams 2-2 draw with Chelsea on Monday night, meaning they have an unassailable seven-point lead at the top of the table with two games left to play. Jamie Vardy and his Leicester City team-mates celebrate the clubs Premier League title success Claudio Ranieris side missed the chance to claim the trophy on Sunday afternoon when they could only draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford - but they needed to wait just over 24 hours for their title glory to be sealed. At the start of the season, Leicester were 5000/1 outsiders to become champions after flirting with relegation for most of last season and they were playing in League One as recently as 2009. Watch the moment the final whistle blew at Stamford Bridge and Leicester were confirmed as Premier League champions But the appointment of Ranieri as manager last summer heralded an incredible title charge with star players Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy being named Player of the Year by the PFA and the FWA respectively.Leicester will receive the trophy following their final home game of the season against Everton, live on Sky Sports, on Saturday evening and are set to receive a Guard of Honour from last seasons champions Chelsea when they visit Stamford Bridge on the final day. We look back at Claudio Ranieris season in his own words Many of Leicesters players watched their moment of triumph at Jamie Vardys house and their wild scenes of celebration were shown on Monday Night Football shortly after the final whistle.Captain Wes Morgan was among them and has spoken of his pride at the achievement. A collection of Leicester manager Claudio Ranieris most amusing quotes over the season Its the best feeling of my career and I couldnt be prouder that its as part of this team, he said.Everyones worked so hard for this, nobody believed we could do it, but here we are, Premier League champions and deservedly so. Chelsea captain John Terry heaped praise on Premier League champions Leicester Ive never known a spirit like the one between these boys, were like brothers.dddddddddddd. People saw it last season when everyone expected us to be relegated, but we fought back to prove people wrong. This seasons been a continuation of that. Weve built on the momentum, but I dont think anyone believed it would come to this.He added of receiving the trophy against Everton at the weekend: Saturday cant come quickly enough. I cant wait to get my hands on the trophy. The Tottenham players were gracious after losing the title to Leicester and praised the Foxes massive achievement Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher was full of praise for their achievements - and that of their manager.He said: It has to be a statue for Ranieri in the morning. Lets not forget the reaction when he got the job. He was laughed out of town lets be honest. The Monday Night Football panel of Jamie Carragher and Scott Parker discuss Leicester winning the Premier League Finally now he may get the credit he deserves . He will get the recognition because he has achieved something no other manager might.He will now never ever be forgotten and this story will be told in a hundred years time because this is so rare. Those players are now legends for a lifetime. Take a look at how the odds of Leicester City winning the title changed throughout the season Also See: WATCH: Jamie Vardys party Leicester are champions LIVE! How the title was won Five games that won it Smith rates Leicesters heroes ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen