Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

e Stonehaven Cup, Spieths victory at the 2014 Australian Open helped propel him into one golfs finest seasons in 2015 - a five-v

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.11.2019 13:35
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

SYDNEY -- Jordan Spieth may as well just switch allegiances and become an Australian, such is the warm welcome he will receive in Sydney over the next few days.In town to contest the Australian Open for the third straight year, Spieth is the only major international drawcard at the Royal Sydney Golf Club. But given the way the 23-year-old conducts himself, its unlikely the local support will lament the absence of anyone else.He may even steal some of the local support away from Australian favourites Adam Scott, Geoff Ogilvy, John Senden and recent PGA Tour winner Rod Pampling.Well we love our time here, Spieth said when he fronted the media on Tuesday.We have a great week - its just absolutely a beautiful place coming over to Sydney and a change of pace now coming to a different golf course; but thats a whole new fun challenge for us.Were really happy to be back over in Oz - it just absolutely shows that I meant what I said about how much we like coming here and to continue to do so. Were looking forward to a great week.Already a winner of the Stonehaven Cup, Spieths victory at the 2014 Australian Open helped propel him into one golfs finest seasons in 2015 - a five-victory run that included the Masters and US Open titles and eventually saw him rise to world No.1.Yeah it was one of the best rounds Ive ever played, Spieth said of his closing-round 63 in 2014.It was very windy. I remember playing No.1 and hitting two pretty good shots and having a long two-putt for par.I heard a roar from I think Adam (Scott) making birdie on the hole in front and I just remember that not bothering me as much as it bothered me when I was in contention (previously) and the contenders were making birdies; [I wasnt] feeling that extra pressure. I just didnt feel it that day.I just said let this course come to you - you dont have to make a bunch of birdies on a day like today, and I certainly ended up making a bunch of them because I was just laid back and hit the right shots in the right places and then made a few putts.While many Australian golf fans will have fond memories of that round, Spieth showed true class on Tuesday in noting the deeper meaning that 63 carried in Australian sport at the time following the tragic death of cricketer Phil Hughes.The Australia batsman had been on 63 when he was struck in the head by a bouncer while batting for South Australia against NSW at the SCG.It was a really great feeling - I remember having the trophy and on the stage after the round; what an incredible trophy it is, I see it every day when I walk into my house. It was a tremendous honour.And 63, being even more significant given, can you remind me of his name, the cricketer who was on 63, Phil Hughes, I know that was kind of ironic that day because I think it was the week after he [died]; so there was some significance there, too.Outside of Spieth, Venezuelan Jhonnatan Vegas is the only other non-Australian PGA Tour member in Sydney this week.So why then does Spieth break ranks with so many of his countrymen in travelling Down Under, especially this year given he is no longer the defending champion?I just think its really cool to be in an opportunity, 23 years old, and to travel around the world playing golf and people want you to come and play golf around the world so they can see it, Spieth said of his willingness to travel outside the States.Thats a unique position to be in and I enjoy that those opportunities are there because our time off the golf course is totally different from what you see at home.And why not, if you have the opportunity when youre young, to go travel around the world and experience these cultures and that kind of shapes you as a person, too, recognising in your little bubble at home thats not the way the world is and you can kind of see the things in perspective a little bit. Michael Jordan Jersey Chicago Bulls .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Womens Michael Jordan Jersey . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. https://www.sportsstarsjerseys.com/tom-brady-jersey/ . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. Authentic Michael Jordan Jersey .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Michael Jordan Jersey North Carolina .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win.Raymond van Barneveld delivered a rude awakening to Nathan Aspinall, the World Youth Championships runner-up, with a 5-1 win at the Grand Slam of Darts. The legendary Dutchman provided the Wolverhampton crowd with their most enjoyable moments on Saturday afternoon during the tournaments opening session, making short work of the wide-eyed Aspinall.He breezed through the first leg in 11 darts, before his 24-year-old opponent had adjusted to his surroundings, before pouncing on brief hesitation to break for 2-0. Barneys fourth-leg finish Van Barneveld blasted away 72 in the blink of an eye to move three legs ahead but Aspinall deservedly got himself on the scoreboard afterwards, celebrating passionately in the grandest occasion of his fledgling career so far. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Aspinall must have realised he was on a hiding to nothing when, after setting up a shot at a leg-winning double, Van Barneveld ruthlessly wiped out 140 then finished off the Group F match.Danny Noppert, the BDOs No 3, surprised Mensur Suljovic 5-3 to join Van Barneveld at the top of their group. Danny Noppert completes his win over Mensur Suljovic They had exchanged breaks in a tit-for-tat match but Suljovic missed double 10 to force a deciding leg, and Noppert finished him off to claim the BDOs biggest scalp of the tournament so far.ddddddddddddJamie Hughes, the BDOs No 4, could have added James Wade to his organisations list of conquests but squandered a three-leg lead to lose 5-3. In the same group, Dave Chisnall suffered a surprise 5-2 defeat to James Wilson. Live Grand Slam of Darts November 12, 2016, 7:30pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Scott Waites, the sole BDO representative to ever win the Grand Slam, lost 5-3 to Robert Thornton while Dimitri Van den Bergh beat Gerwyn Price 5-4 in the same group. Watch this tense and brilliant leg between Robert Thornton and Scott Waites Peter Wright and Simon Whitlock delivered 5-1 thrashings to their Group C opponents Jeff Smith and Ted Evetts, respectively.Afternoon resultsGerwyn Price 4-5 Dimitri Van den Bergh (B)Simon Whitlock 5-1 Ted Evetts (C)Dave Chisnall 2-5 James Wilson (G)Mensur Suljovic 3-5 Danny Noppert (F)Robert Thornton 5-3 Scott Waites (B)Raymond van Barneveld 5-1 Nathan Aspinall (F)James Wade 5-3 Jamie Hughes (G)Peter Wright 5-1 Jeff Smith Also See: Sky Bets darts odds On Sky TV Schedule/Results Features Get Sky Sports ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen