Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

for this team. Thats something Im still learning.As a freshman last season, forward Tyler Lydon emer

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 16.11.2018 05:37
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Ken Stabler built a Hall of Fame career on moments more than raw numbers.Stabler threw more interceptions than touchdowns, completed fewer than 60 percent of his passes, and posted a quarterback rating of 90 or better just twice in 15 NFL seasons.Yet Stabler was the offensive leader of the great Oakland Raiders teams of the 1970s, helping the team win its first Super Bowl and make it to four other conference championship games in a five-year span.Sometimes we forget how smart Kenny Stabler was, his former coach John Madden said. He was a brilliant quarterback with a brilliant football mind. He would set things up. Theres a thing that they dont even judge anymore, called field general. Ken Stabler was a true field general. The offensive players really believed and followed him. Anything that came out of his mouth, they totally believed.Madden called the shaggy-haired Stabler, whose wild style on the field and off helped earn him the nickname The Snake, the perfect Raider. Madden said if he had one drive to win a game and could choose any quarterback who ever played to lead it, Stabler would be his choice.The hotter the game, the hotter I got, and Kenny was truly just the opposite; the hotter the game, the cooler he became, Madden said.That calm demeanor helped Stabler play a key role in some of the NFLs most famous moments -- so much so they are universally known by their nicknames.Stabler scored the go-ahead touchdown in the Immaculate Reception playoff game against Pittsburgh in 1972 that ended with Franco Harris improbable touchdown and a Steelers victory.His late TD pass that Clarence Davis caught in a Sea of Hands helped knock out two-time defending champion Miami the next season. Stablers late Ghost to the Post pass to Dave Casper in the 1977 playoffs helped force overtime against Baltimore in a game Oakland finally won in the second extra period.And his heady play to fumble forward in the closing seconds of a regular-season game against San Diego in 1978 led to a touchdown by Casper on a play forever known as the Holy Roller that led to a rule change the following season.The cat was a cool, calm and collected guy, said his former receiver Cliff Branch. He was a chess player on the football field and he put people in checkmate in a minute on the defensive end.The only thing missing when Stabler is inducted into the Hall of Fame on Aug. 6 will be Stabler himself. The honor comes just over a year after he died in July 2015 died at age 69 from complications of colon cancer. Stabler also suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, a form of repetitive brain trauma, according to his family.I told my wife, well just dig him up and prop him in a chair at the Hall of Fame so he can enjoy it, said former Raiders receiver Fred Biletnikoff. Im excited about it. I cant wait to go back there this year and go through that whole process and watch the excitement in his familys face.Stabler was elected in February by the Seniors Committee as the capper to a career that started when he was a second-round draft pick out of Alabama and the second quarterback selected by the Raiders after Eldgridge Dickey in the 1968 draft.After spending most of his first four seasons as a backup. Stabler became the starter in 1973. He was the NFL MVP in 1974, then won the Super Bowl following the 1976 season as he put the Raiders right up alongside Pittsburgh and Miami as the class of the AFC.Stabler is the Raiders all-time leader in yards passing and TD passes. He finished his 15-year career with Houston and New Orleans, but will most definitely remembered as a Raider.It took his death last summer for Stabler to get another shot at the Hall of Fame honor his teammates believe was long overdue.I always believed that Kenny should have been in the Hall of Fame before, Biletnikoff said. I know its a tough process for guys to get into the Hall of Fame. I was always disappointed that his name wasnt brought up to the top year after year. I know it was there, but it was never a big factor. This year with that happening, I love it. I know it means the world to his family.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. Wholesale NFL Jerseys .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. http://www.wholesalenikenfljerseys.com/ . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Discount Nike Football Jerseys . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Before the season, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim veered from form and praised his team and its depth.After the Orange started the year inside the top 20 and posted three commanding victories, Boeheim looked like a sage. Three losses in four games have sent the Orange (5-3) a step or two backward, befuddled by a sudden inability to score.Since a commanding 101-59 win over South Carolina State, Syracuse has hit a wall. The Orange struggled to put up points in losses to unbeaten South Carolina, now ranked 19th, No. 17 Wisconsin, and UConn, and has fallen out of the national rankings .The only positive blip in the past four games was a 77-71 win over North Florida, and that had plenty of negatives -- the Orange nearly blew a 24-point lead in the final 12 minutes.The offense is not good enough. Its not good enough to really win, Boeheim said. Weve got to get better there. If we dont, were going to struggle every game.Against UConn on Monday night, Syracuse shot 25.9 percent (14 of 54) and 23.1 percent (6 of 26) from beyond the arc. The Orange also missed eight of 24 free throws and yet still had a chance to win after Andrew White III hit a 3-pointer to tie the game at 50 with just under 10 seconds left in regulation.The game slipped away when a foul was called against Syracuse with 2.2 seconds to go and Christian Vital sank two free throws for the Huskies.It was a tough loss, but I think well bounce back, said Dajuan Coleman, who had 10 points and a career-high 16 rebounds for the Orange. We were in it the whole game. We just couldnt pull it off.White, a transfer from Nebraska, leads the team in scoring at 16.6 points per game, the only player averaging in double figures. He had 14 points against UConn, but was 4 of 15 from the field and only 3 of 11 from beyond the arc.Ive got to do better to make sure I deliver all the time, White said. Ive just got to do what II can.dddddddddddd I know the rest of my teammates will ... score better with time. In the meantime, Ive got to hold the fort down for this team. Thats something Im still learning.As a freshman last season, forward Tyler Lydon emerged as a bona fide star, punctuating a solid season with a gritty performance in the Oranges surprising run to the Final Four in the NCAA Tournament. Lydon had 14 points and seven rebounds in each of the first two tournament games, twice chipped in with six blocks, and had 11 points, six rebounds and five blocks in an Elite Eight win over Virginia.In the offseason, Lydon added 20 pounds of muscle, which promised to make him a more imposing figure this year. He has yet to hit his stride on a team thats searching for chemistry. Lydon has taken just 65 shots, just over eight a game, and is shooting about the same from all over the floor -- 38.5 percent inside the arc and 37.5 percent outside.Hes got to look to shoot the ball, Boeheim said. Id like him to shoot 17 shots, and if he only makes two or three of them, thats fine.Senior Tyler Roberson also has struggled. One of the top offensive rebounders in the country, hes been parked on the bench a lot, averaging 19 minutes and five rebounds. Last year he averaged nearly nine rebounds and 31 minutes.It took until the postseason for last years team to coalesce into a threat, and with five newcomers on the roster this season its apparently going to take more time for this team to jell.I think its mostly because were a new team, freshman guard Tyus Battle said. Weve just got to hit the shots when we get them.Syracuse hosts Boston University (4-5) on Saturday at noon.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen