Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Bears was coming home.We felt great there, the real problem was getting back here, senior quar

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 16.11.2018 05:37
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LA CAVERNE DU PONT DARC, France - On any other day, Chris Froome would have beamed with joy while standing on the Tour de France podium in the leaders yellow jersey.As too would have Tom Dumoulin for winning his second stage of this years Tour.But Friday was not any other day, as all who were in the Tour entourage knew so well after waking to news of Thursdays tragic attack in Nice that killed at least 84 people.The Tour continued under heightened security, which had already been ramped up for this years race.Following considerations to cancel the 37.5-kilometre Stage 13 time trial from Bourg-Saint-Andéol to la Caverne du Pont DArc, the decision to continue was made by race organizers in agreement with security officials and the prefecture of the Ardèche, the department through which the stage passed.Before the stage, the advertising caravan drove the route as they usually do, throwing freebies to the crowd, but without the usual fanfare of music and celebration.We want this day to be a day of dignity as a tribute to the victims, said a clearly emotional Tour race director Christian Prudhomme. We asked ourselves [if the stage should be cancelled] but we think, after agreeing with authorities, that the race must continue.The heavy hearts and reflection resonated throughout a day that began with a minutes silence held at the start in Bourg-Saint-Andéol -- a three-hours drive northwest of Nice -- before the first of 188 riders set off.It continued into the night after the Dutchman Dumoulin (Giant-Alpecin) won the stage in hot and windy conditions in 50 minutes, 15 seconds. Dumoulin beat the Briton Tour champion Froome (Sky), the stage runner-up, by 1:03 and third-place Nelson Oliveira of Portugal (Movistar) by 1:31.Froome added a full minute to his overall lead, which is up to 1:47. Dutchman Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo) moved from fourth to second overall with his sixth-place performance in the time trial. Down from second to third overall went Briton Adam Yates (Orica-BikeExchange), now 2:45 behind Froome.But time gaps and places did not preoccupy most involved with the Tour in light of the circumstances.On a hugely moving day, there was no more powerful moment than after the stage when Froome, Dumoulin and the three other classification jersey wearers stood together on the podium with head Tour officials for another minutes silence -- all wearing black armbands.Joining the overall leader and stage winner in the only ceremony held after Fridays time trial (organizers did not hold the usual separate jersey presentations) were Yates, in the best young rider white jersey; Belgian Thomas De Gendt (Lotto-Soudal) in the polka dot top climber jersey; and Slovakian Peter Sagan (Tinkoff) in the green points jersey.Later, Froome and Dumoulin spoke with outward emotion. So affected was Froome, who lives just up the coast from Nice in Monaco, he said when he arrived for his mandatory race leaders press conference that he did not want to answer questions about the Tour.I think its difficult for us to even be here talking about the race with all that happening yesterday down in Nice, Froome said, adding that he was shocked by photos of bodies on Promenade des Anglais after the attack by a man who drove a truck into a crowd celebrating Bastille Day.Earlier, near the podium where the minutes silence was held, Froome told reporters: It was nice of the other riders to respect that minute of silence. Our thoughts are with everyone, and the families in Nice. Its where I do most of my training. To see the promenade with those horrific images puts things into perspective in the Tour de France.Even when asked specifically about his time trial performance on a hilly course made harder by strong winds and heat, Froome found it hard to delve into analysis.I gave it my everything; my thoughts were a little bit elsewhere today, Froome said.French rider Ama?l Moinard (BMC), who lives in Saint-Laurent-Du-Var near Nice, expressed support for the decision to carry on. We have to keep living or we are going to live in terror every day, he said. We have to go on. There is no other solution.And go on the Tour will do Saturday for Stage 14, a 208.5km leg from Montélimar to Villars les Dombes Parc des Oiseaux that should suit the opportunists rather than overall contenders.But as the peloton continues to race, the Nice attack will weigh on the minds of riders, as it will with all of France, which on Friday began three days of official mourning. Cheap NBA Jerseys China . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Cheap Basketball Jerseys China . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. http://www.cheapbasketballjerseysoutlet.com/ . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Cheap Basketball Jerseys Free Shipping . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Wholesale Basketball Jerseys .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. BERKELEY, Calif. -- The 7,500 mile trip, 17-hour time difference, and all the hoopla surrounding the first college football game played in Australia in three decades was easy.The hard part for the Cal Bears was coming home.We felt great there, the real problem was getting back here, senior quarterback Davis Webb said.Fortunately for the Bears, they had a bye week to regroup from their globe-trotting, and by all accounts theyve recovered from the jetlag and hangover from a trip that was punctuated with a 51-32 victory over Hawaii at ANZ Stadium in Sydney on Aug. 26.And now its all business for Cal as it prepares for Saturdays matchup with San Diego State.We feel good now, weve adjusted, Webb said. Now were ready for San Diego State.The Bears practiced in full pads twice and had two light practice days during their bye week, Cal coach Sonny Dykes said.We probably needed an open week coming off of that long trip to Australia and the travel and our guys getting rolling back academically, Dykes said. It was good to have a little bit of time to get back in the flow last week and get back and get our feet under us.Getting back in the flow was especially important because the Bears missed some practices in Sydney due to bad weather and stadium issues. Dykes said hes determined to make up for that lost time he believes was a factor in hiss team playing a less physical game than he expected.dddddddddddd felt that coming out of fall camp that we were a really physical football team, and then we got to Australia and we had some field issues and I felt like in some ways we lost that physical edge that we had had in camp, Dykes said. It felt like we needed to get it back last week.Senior offensive lineman Chris Borrayo might have been the only player that didnt need to get it back. He never adjusted to the Australian time change in the first place.The funny thing is, coming back from Australia, I was never accustomed to the jetlag from there, so every night Id be waking up around 5 oclock or 6 oclock, just trying get some more rest, he said. When I got back here it took me about a day adjusted back to the time.Cal players took in some of the culture along with the football.Sophomore defensive end Cameron Saffle visited Sydneys iconic Harbour Bridge and Opera House. He and sophomore nickelback Trey Turner learned about indigenous culture during a meeting with aboriginal Australians.A lot of our team had never been out of the country so it was pretty awesome, he said. The trip was an amazing experience. It gave our team a lot of perspective. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen