Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

d back on the non-swimming topics a little.When an African-American reporter told Manuel shes now an icon and inspiration to the

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.07.2018 13:12
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Along with Michael Phelps finale, another womens relay win in the pool and the race to determine the Worlds Fastest Woman, here are a few other results you might have missed Saturday from the Rio Olympics:Venus makes history: Two American mixed doubles teams will face off in the gold-medal match, and one of the players is Venus Williams. After joining the mixed doubles competition after her early exits in singles and doubles, Venus and playing partner Rajeev Ram will play against Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Jack Sock for the crown. Venus is guaranteed a record-tying fifth medal and, if her and Ram win, shell become the only tennis player in the modern era to win Olympic gold in singles, doubles and mixed doubles. Williams and Ram edged Indias Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna 2-6, 6-2, 10-3 to reach the final. Read moreRio Olympics: Complete tennis coverageMedal streak continues: The U.S. womens eight won its third consecutive gold medal Saturday, covering the course in 6:01.49 ahead of Great Britain (silver) and Romania (bronze). The squad of Katelin Snyder, Amanda Elmore, Eleanor Logan, Meghan Musnicki, Tessa Gobbo, Lauren Schmetterling, Amanda Polk, Kerry Simmonds and Emily Regan led the Americans to their 11th straight victory in either the Olympic Games or World Championship competition. The mens eight finished fourth overall in their race (5:34.23), just under five seconds behind winner Great Britain (5:29.63). Read moreIn womens single sculls, Gevvie Stone won silver after finishing seventh overall at the 2012 London Olympics. It is the Americans fifth medal in the event (all silver) and the first since Michelle Guerette in 2008.Rio Olympics: Complete rowing coverageTeam medal: After being shut out in their individual events, the American womens sabre squad of Monica Aksamit, Ibtihaj Muhammad, Dagmara Wozniak and Mariel Zagunis won the bronze medal in the team event with a 45-30 victory over Italy. Zagunis led the 2008 team to bronze in the same event.Rio Olympics: Complete fencing coverageClose finish: Sarah Hammer, Kelly Catlin, Chloe Dygert and Jennifer Valente took home silver in the womens team pursuit final, finishing in 4:12.454 behind Great Britain. The Brits won in world-record time (4:10.236), breaking the record they set earlier in the day during qualifying. Canada won bronze (4:14.627). Read moreRio Olympics: Complete cycling coverageOn to the knockout round: Maggie Steffens power-play goal with 6:02 left in the first half sparked four unanswered goals en route to an 11-6 win against Hungary. The U.S. womens team is now 3-0 in Group B play and will face host Brazil when knockout play begins Monday. Steffens led the team with four goals, while Maddie Musselman added three.Rio Olympics: Complete water polo coverageAnd finally ...Womens 3m springboard: Green water or not, Abby Johnston tied for fifth in the semifinals to earn a spot in Sundays final round. Johnston (324.75) was 60.25 points behind leader Chinas Shi Tingmao (385.00) and He Zi (364.05), while Canadas Jennifer Abel was third (343.45). Kassidy Cook finished 13th overall (304.35). Read more Garrett Temple Jersey . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. http://www.cheapsacramentokingsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-zach-randolph-jersey .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Skal Labissiere Jersey . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. DeMarcus Cousins Jersey . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. NEW YORK -- When American swimming sensation Katie Ledecky added to her climbing total of career visits to NBCs Today show Monday -- this time to talk about how life has changed since she set two world records and won five medals at the Rio Summer Olympics, four of them gold -- she smiled and squirmed in her seat as the five hosts on the set took turns good-naturedly kidding her about her record-shattering start to her freshman year at Stanford University this fall.It already has included a 65-second rout in a 1,650-yard college invitational race Sunday in which Ledecky ... um ... beat the runner-up by four laps.Sooo, that basically means you get out of the pool, have coffee and a donut, and wait for everyone else to finish? TV host Savannah Guthrie needled.When the 19-year-old Ledecky was too polite or sheepish to parry back, the segment only got funnier.Wait -- she broke another record in just the last 20 seconds! Guthrie added.And on the way to the event tonight, shes going to break another record! Matt Lauer boomed, causing Ledecky to shake her head and blush again.Ledecky was in New York with 40 of her Olympic medal-winning teammates for USA Swimmings annual Golden Goggles Awards on Monday night, a black-tie year-end benefit that recognizes the U.S. teams best performances each year. Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin, Libby King and Maya DiRado were among the others who attended. Ryan Lochte did not.Ledecky has replaced Phelps as the most riveting figure in U.S. swimming. But as scintillating as her first three months at Stanford have been -- starting with the fact she set an NCAA or American record in every race she swam through Nov. 15 -- there was another woman sharing the red carpet with her at the Marriott Marquis hotel who was also impossible to ignore.That was Stanford teammate Simone Manuel, the first female African-American swimmer to win an individual event at an Olympic Games and, as of last weekend, the first person anywhere to beat the amazing Ledecky in her last 74 finals in a race above 100 meters.Manuel, a junior, defeated Ledecky on Saturday in the 200-yard freestyle during an invitational at Ohio State, clipping Ledecky by .26 of a second.No, I didnt know the [length of the streak], a surprised Ledecky said, grinning as if even she found it cool.I didnt know it, either, but its not like Im out of the park yet, Manuel joked, speaking a little further down the red carpet from where Ledecky was taking questions. I still have to race her every day in practice, at nationals, at NCAAs.Manuel was right. Its just a start. But dont overlook the significance of their head-to-head battles; their races should be fascinating -- maybe even transformative -- for both swimmers.With 10 Olympic medals already won between them, the 20-year-old Manuel and Ledecky could anchor the U.S. swim team for a few Olympics to come.I know I definitely want more, Manuel said.The idea of Ledecky, especially, finally having anything close to a true rival -- another female swimmer who can push her and beat her while training on the same team and sometimes in the same lane day in and day out, sets up an interesting dynamic for both women as they slowly start looking ahead to the 2020 Tokyo Games.I dont look at it likee shes a frenemy, Ledecky laughed, pointing out she and Manuel were roommates in Rio, and have been roommates for four years at international meets, so were good buddies.ddddddddddddWe both love to race and we both love to compete. We race all the time in practice and Simone beats me at least a couple times a week [in sprints]. So its a great environment every day. And I dont consider it a loss when its my teammate thats beating me, anyway. Were both racing our hardest for Stanford and excited about what could follow.Ledeckys coaches are always looking for fresh challenges to throw her way. Shes been so peerless at the distance events for so long, there is talk now about dropping her down to the 100-meter free (Manuels gold-medal individual event in Rio), and maybe adding the 400 individual medley to the 200, 400, 800 and 1,600 events and world records she currently owns.Many argue Ledecky -- not LeBron James, Usain Bolt, Lionel Messi or anyone else you can name -- is the most dominant athlete in the world today. Its only news now when she doesnt win.Manuel shoulders a different set of challenges. Though she also won the gold in the 4x100 medley relay and silver in the 50 free and 4x100 freestyle relay in Rio, she said in the past that trying to become the first African-American to win any Olympic swimming medal was difficult for her at times, as if so much history weighed on every stroke. She was expansive on the topic in Rio, paying homage to groundbreakers that came before her and embracing a chance to weigh in on matters like police violence against African-Americans back in the United States.But Monday, she pulled back on the non-swimming topics a little.When an African-American reporter told Manuel shes now an icon and inspiration to their community and asked what kind of legacy she wants to leave outside the pool, Manuel said, Well, Im just 20 years old, so I havent really thought about the legacy I want to leave. I guess just making sure that people go after their dreams. That they can do anything.Later, Manuel admitted one of the many reasons she and Ledecky feel a kinship is because of the continuing expectation on them to do the extraordinary.We keep each other from thinking too much about the pressure of our races, Manuel said.She only smiled and said, Nah, when asked if she has ever been tempted to tell Ledecky to quit trying to have it all already, stick to the distance events, and leave the 100 or 200 freestyle to her. But then she did quickly add she does give Ledecky some mess about being a freshman.Ledecky already has taken much flak about getting lost on the Stanford campus, putting her swim cap on wrong, having some misadventures on the bicycle she uses to get around, and sometimes screwing up chores like putting the lane markers in the pool for team practices.The freshmen also have to bring up the towels, but they do that in shifts, so Katie knows when she has to do it, Manuel explained.The Great Katie Ledecky? Towel girl?Nodding now, Manuel deadpanned: Shes got it figured out.I wanted the college experience, Ledecky added. And so far, its been awesome. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen