Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

urth and 13th in a contest taken by Ruth Beitia of Spain.In the nights other finals, Thomas Rohler of Germany won the javelin an

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 05.07.2018 07:31
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Two teams at very different stages of their development meet at Goodison Park on the opening day of the new Premier League season.Hosts Everton have undergone a managerial and ownership overhaul since they last played Saturdays visitors Tottenham Hotspur. And the Toffees are still in the process of rebuilding their own squad with John Stones recently departed in a £47.5 million move to Manchester City.In contrast, Mauricio Pochettinos Spurs have enjoyed a summer of stability, not losing any first-team players and strengthening the squad with the additions of defensive midfielder Victor Wanyama and Dutch international striker Vincent Janssen. Pochettinos side flirted with a Premier League title challenge last season before falling away and finishing third, but the coach is expecting his young group of players to learn from the experience and improve over the coming campaign.It is true that at the end of the season we felt very disappointed in the way that we finished the Premier League, but if we are clever we need to improve from our mistakes and we need to show that we are clever, Pochettino said. We have a big challenge ahead because now we have to repeat our performance, try to improve and play Champions league, which for a lot of players is a new competition.It is a good opportunity. We keep the same team, the same players, I dont think there are a lot of changes around the changing room and in the squad and I think that can help us.Spurs may be stable and have an existing style of play, but Everton are far from settled.Ronald Koeman is attempting to rebuild the Toffees squad after taking over from Roberto Martinez, but has not made as many changes as he would have liked heading into the opening weekend. Only centre-back Ashley Williams and Idrissa Gueye are notable additions.The squad will be 100 percent in two or three weeks, but if I compare the physical state of the players in numbers here it is 70 percent and at (Koemans previous club Southampton) it was 100 percent. Its a big project. That project wont be complete after two months, we need more time. We are not at the level we need to be in terms of the players and their physical state, he added. Id say we are 70 percent of where we need to be from a physical point of view. We will improve.Everton go into the game with doubts over the fitness of key players Romelu Lukaku and Seamus Coleman and are without midfielder Muhamed Besic after the midfielder picked up a knee injury in preseason.Spurs only injury doubt is over central defender Jan Vertonghen, although English trio Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Eric Dier are all a few weeks from full match fitness after being given extended time off following their European Championship exertions.Everton have not beaten Spurs in the last seven Premier League meetings, but no top-flight club has ever lost as many opening weekend matches (nine) as the north London club. Authentic Titans Jerseys . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Titans Official Jerseys . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. http://www.authentictitansshopnfl.com/ .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. Titans Youth Jerseys . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. Harold Landry Jersey . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Allyson Felix and LaShawn Merritt are savvy track stars whove been around long enough to know that not everything always goes to plan.Over the final 30 minutes of Saturdays topsy-turvy night at the Olympic track, both Americans came away with prizes theyd been wishing for all along.Those prizes were both golds from the 4x400 relay teams, and the United States exited the final night of action at Olympic Stadium with 31 medals -- the most it has taken in a non-boycotted Olympics since 1956, when both the world and track were very different places.People are at home watching -- watching 2012, watching 2008, said Felix, 30, who wrapped up her fourth Olympics and now has nine total medals. And when they get their opportunity, theyre seizing the moment.One of those moments looked like it might belong to 41-year-old Bernard Lagat in the 5,000 meters. He actually finished sixth, but three runners ahead of him, including American Paul Chelimo , were disqualified for interference and Lagat briefly moved to third. Really? he exclaimed when told about it during post-race interviews.A review ensued, Chelimo was reinstated to his original silver medal and Lagat was dropped to fifth -- a bummer for the elder statesman of the U.S. track team, but some sort of sign for the team: Even when it lost, it won.I thought it was a joke, Chelimo said of the moment when he was told his silver was gone. I couldnt believe. Now Im really happy. I got reinstated. Its the best feeling ever.All those reviews and appeals made for a strange scene as the program came to a close. Mo Farah, Chelimo and Hagos Gebrhiwet marched to the podium to receive their medals nearly an hour after the evenings final race, in front of only a few thousand stragglers in the stands. It was Farahs second straight 5,000-10,000 Olympic double, putting an exclamation point on the games for his home country, Britain.The medal ceremony was wacky. But the nights biggest surprise came from Matthew Centrowitz, who shocked the field in a slow 1,500-meter final and became the first American to win gold in the metric mile since 1908. His time was 3 minutes, 50 seconds.Doing my victory lap, I literally kept screaming to everyone I know, `Are you kidding me? Centrowitz said.Felix spent a lot of the week saying the same thing -- and not in a good way.This has been an adjust-on-the-fly year for Americas best-known track star -- her failure to make the team for the 200 meters, her jaw-dropping silver-medal moment when a diving sprinter from the Bahamas beat her in the 400, and more. But on back-to-back nights, she took relay gold, starting with the 4x100 on Friday. The wins gave her gold medals No. 5 and 6 -- a record for a woman on the Olympic track.In thee 4x400, she ran a 49.dddddddddddd66-second anchor lap. Over the second and third laps, Americans Natasha Hastings and Phyllis Francis held big leads, only to have them dwindle as they legged out their final meters.Felix took the green baton about two steps ahead of Jamaicas Novelene Williams-Mills, and slowly, steadily expanded it for a total time of 3:19.06 and a 1.28-second win. Yes, the United States may have relay problems -- see, the mens 4x100, which flamed out again the night before -- but this certainly isnt one of them. This race has gone to American teams six straight times.The smile she flashed as she crossed the line and waved the baton said what words could not: Thank goodness, its finally over.The toughest, without a doubt, Felix said of her 2016. This year, you make plans and want everything to go according to schedule. Nothing went according to schedule.Merritt might have said the same. He was caught in the tail wind of South African Wayde van Niekerks world-record 400 run earlier in the week and settled for bronze. Then, Merritt was a bit player in the Usain Bolt going-away party, finishing sixth in the 200 -- a race he considered pure gravy.But Bolt was long gone -- having stopped by the track quickly to receive gold medal No. 9 and take a selfie with Farah -- and South Africa had left the building, too.As Felix had done minutes earlier, Merritt took a narrow lead and opened it way up. This relay gold goes with those he took in both the 4x400 relay and the 400 flat in 2008. He was injured and on the sideline in 2012.The 200 was just extra for me, there was no training regimen for it, the 30-year-old Merritt said. If I wouldve medaled, I wouldve been grateful. But we really wanted to win this 4x4. It didnt go the way the guys wanted it four years ago, so we knew how important it was.It wasnt all perfect for the red, white and blue.High jumpers Chaunte Lowe, a mother of three who finally felt ready for her Olympic moment, and Vashti Cunningham, daughter of former NFL quarterback Randall, finished fourth and 13th in a contest taken by Ruth Beitia of Spain.In the nights other finals, Thomas Rohler of Germany won the javelin and South Africas Caster Semenya took the womens 800 meters in a result that surprised nobody.That the Americans are leaving with the most medals is no shock, either. Theyve done it at every Olympic track meet since 1992.The numbers may not have shocked anyone. Some of the names, and where they ended up on the results list, certainly did.I would have been really happy with a silver, Centrowitz said. And coming away with gold is unbelievable. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Gear Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen