Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

by the end of the quarter, including Wolfords 64-yard scoring run.I was feeling pretty fast, Wolford said. I just didnt want to

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 05.07.2018 07:31
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- The noise from the postgame celebration echoed well outside Wake Forests locker room into the adjacent space where reporters waited to talk to coach Dave Clawson and his players.And who could blame the Demon Deacons for their exuberance? It was the first time any of the players on this roster had enjoyed the feeling of securing bowl eligibility.Wake Forest (6-3, 3-2 ACC) took advantage of two fourth quarter interceptions thrown by Virginias Kurt Benkert, with safety Jessie Bates returning the latter 39 yards for the winning touchdown with 6:47 remaining, as the Deacons defeated UVA 27-20 on Saturday.The victory secured bowl eligibility for Wake Forest for the first time since 2011, when the Deacons lost to Mississippi State in the Music City Bowl.Weve got some kids who have really busted their butts, put a lot into this program, for three, four, five years, Clawson said. People say, `Why do you coach? You can ask my wife. I dont sleep. Why do you do this to yourself? The high of enjoying moments like that is why you keep going at it. Theres no feeling in the world like getting to share that with your team. Thats what keeps you going.The team had its stalwart defense to thank, as the pair of fourth quarter picks directly led to 10 of Wake Forests points. Cameron Glenn returned the first interception 41 yards to set up a short Mike Weaver field goal, which tied it at 20-all.It took just three more plays for the Deacons defense to generate another turnover, as Benkert was flushed from the pocket and threw a panicked pass across his body into a host of black-clad defenders. Bates secured the interception and needed only a couple of blocks to find space along the home sideline and get into the end zone.Sometimes youre going to get sacked, Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall said. Its sometimes better to take the sack than deliver the ball in traffic. (Benkert) was trying so hard to extend plays, and I applaud him for that. He doesnt have to do it all by himself.The teams traded momentum through the first three quarters. Jordan Ellis 6-yard touchdown run punctuating a 75-yard game-opening drive for Virginia.But Wake Forest took control soon after, as quarterback John Wolford scored on a 64-yard touchdown run. A Weaver field goal and a short touchdown pass to Cam Serigne just before halftime gave the Deacons a 17-6 lead at the break.But Virginia (2-7, 1-4) rallied in the third quarter, as Benkert threw a 2-yard scoring toss to Doni Dowling. The Cavaliers then recovered an onside kick, and later took the lead when Benkert scrambled long enough to find an open Taquan Mizzell for a 45-yard touchdown pass to make it 20-17.Its not always pretty. Its not how you script it, Clawson said. But we ran for more than 200 yards, our defense played really well, and we got a fourth quarter comeback to get to six wins.THE TAKEAWAY:Wake Forest: The Deacons ground game paved the way for their offensive success. Wake Forest eschewed all pretense of play-calling balance in the early stages; Wolford didnt attempt a pass in the first quarter. The Cavaliers defense simply could not stop the ground game, as Wolford combined with running backs Cade Carney and Matt Colburn for 130 rushing yards on 14 carries by the end of the quarter, including Wolfords 64-yard scoring run.I was feeling pretty fast, Wolford said. I just didnt want to fumble. That was my whole thought process, so if I felt anyone get close, I was gonna go two hands (on the ball). I was able to pull away. Its always fun to get those big runs, because people dont expect it.Virginia: The loss ensured the Cavaliers would finish with a losing record for the fifth consecutive season. Their last bowl appearance, like Wake Forest, came in 2011, when they lost to Auburn 43-24 in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.ILL TAKE THAT:Wake Forests defense forced three turnovers, and the Deacons scored 17 of their 27 points on the possessions which immediately followed those takeaways. It was the fourth time this season that the Deacons forced at least three turnovers. Bates interception was his fifth of the season, good enough for second in the ACC, and his second return for a touchdown of the year.The difference in the game today was Wake Forest took the ball away three times, and we didnt take it away, Mendenhall said. There might be other story lines that branch off from there, but really you can trace that to being the difference in the game.UP NEXT:Wake Forest: The Deacons will play their final road game of the season next Saturday when they travel to No. 5 Louisville. Wake Forest has not beaten a nationally-ranked opponent since knocking off then-No. 22 Florida State 35-30 in 2011, and it has not beaten a team ranked in the top 5 since a 1946 win at then-No. 4 Tennessee.Virginia: The Cavaliers return to Charlottesville to host Miami next Saturday. That will be UVAs final home game before ending the season with trips to Georgia Tech and rival Virginia Tech Denzel Ward Jersey . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Browns Youth Jerseys . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. http://www.authenticbrownsshopnfl.com/baker-mayfield-jersey/ .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Chad Thomas Jersey . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. Browns Official Jerseys . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday.LONG POND, Pa. -- Rain has washed out Fridays Sprint Cup qualifying at Pocono Raceway. Points leader Jimmie Johnson will automatically sit on the pole for the start of Sunddays 400-mile race.dddddddddddd It rained all day and cars never got on the track. There are only 43 entries for the race so no driver will miss the field. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Gear Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen