Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ustralian team can make the Super Rugby finals after the Highlanders secured their spot in the playoffs with a 34-8 win over th

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 01.02.2020 03:02
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

This content contains mentions of sexual assault, bullying/online harassment and suicide.From the Baylor University sexual assault case to President Obamas Its On Us?initiative to end sexual assault on college campuses, the topic is often recognized as a collegiate issue. However, Audrie & Daisy, a new documentary from the filmmaker team of Bonni Cohen and Jon Shenk (The Island President, The Rape of Europa), shines a spotlight on the experiences of teenagers coming of age in a time of social media and bullying.We tackle a lot of really hard material in our documentaries, Cohen said via phone. Ive been commiserating about how this film has been the hardest one to make. Its so deeply personal, and tough to watch.Audrie & Daisy -- which premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival -- tells the stories of Audrie Pott and Daisy Coleman, two teenagers from different communities in different states who were each sexually assaulted, then became fodder for gossip and bullying within their school communities. The torment was so intense that the then-15-year-old Pott, who lived in Saratoga, California, committed suicide eight days after her assault.Coleman, now 19, endured her own struggles as she fought for justice. People within her community did not believe her allegations. She was ostracized at school, and her familys house was burned down.The common thread for Coleman and Pott was that the current climate of teen usage of social media compounded the trauma of their assaults.Its a lawless society, Cohen said of the experiences of teens online. Kids are using social media and not really interacting with their parents about how theyre using it.Coleman had intended to put that January 2012 night behind her. Her family moved out of Maryville, Missouri, and back to Albany, Missouri, where they lived prior to the death of Colemans father in a car accident in 2009. She had closed that chapter in her life.After my case had gone viral, I didnt want to do a whole lot of speaking, and when Bonni and Jon came forward to me with the idea for the documentary, I was still a little partial [to not wanting to speak], Coleman said by phone.It was learning about Pott and other pending cases that inspired her to reopen this part of her life and share her story.I decided to speak out on their behalf, Coleman said.High school culture is heavily influenced by sports, especially in Maryville. At one point in the documentary, Daisys brother laments his own isolation as something hed never experienced before, explicitly because he did play football and baseball.Sports can have an excellent influence or they can have a really negative influence, depending on the vibe of the team and the vibe of the coach, Shenk said. We think sports have a giant role to play in the solution to this.Charlie Coleman, Daisys brother, started coaching high school baseball after his sisters experience. The documentary shows him teaching his students the importance of respecting?women above all. An avid supporter of the cause, he threw out the first pitch at a San Francisco Giants game for the teams Strike Out Violence Day.It isnt until the end of the documentary, however, that it is revealed that Daisy Coleman is an athlete herself.Coleman started wrestling when she was eight years old. Her achievements earned her an athletic scholarship to Missouri Valley College. The sport has been a big part of her life, but following her assault that relationship became complicated.Through elementary, middle and high school, they didnt have a womens division for wrestling, so I was wrestling all boys, Coleman said. After my assault, it was kind of hard for me to get back into it, but it also helped me develop stronger relationships with men.Coleman didnt start wrestling again until her family returned to Albany. The coaches wouldnt allow me to wrestle in Maryville, she said. By the time she hit the mats again, it had been a year since she endured the sexual assault -- she ended up feeling largely comforted and supported.[My teammates] were like brothers and friends to me, she said.Moving forward, Coleman hopes to become a tattoo artist. Shes always enjoyed art, but she thought being a painter or a graphic artist was a little bit too boring for her.Its really empowering to know that people trust you that much [enough to give them a tattoo], she said.Coleman continues to work for justice for young survivors. She volunteers with the organization Promoting Awareness for Victim Empowerment (PAVE), which empowers students, parents and civic leaders to end sexual violence with prevention education and promoting respect of oneself and each other. Through PAVE, she speaks with students and educating others on sexual violence.Its good to know that Im actually helping other people who went through something similar to me, Coleman said.Audrie & Daisy premieres on Netflix on Sept. 23. Air Max 270 React Pas Cher Femme . Deulofeu injured a muscle in his right leg in Evertons 4-1 win over Fulham in the English Premier League on Saturday. Barcelona says that its team doctors will "co-ordinate" with Evertons medical staff as Deulofeu recovers. Air Max 270 Just Do It Pas cher . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. http://www.airmax270reactpascher.fr/fausse-air-max-270-react-just-do-it.html . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Air Max 270 React Noir Et Blanc .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. Air Max 270 React Pas Cher Site . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Only one Australian team can make the Super Rugby finals after the Highlanders secured their spot in the playoffs with a 34-8 win over the Jaguares in Buenos Aires.The four-tries-to-one, bonus-point victory meant New Zealand sides have clinched all three of the wildcard spots and four of the five playoff places available to Australasian group teams.Only the winner of the Australian conference can make it through to the playoffs, with the Brumbies and NSW Waratahs level on points heading into next weekends final round.The Brumbies look favourites to progress as they lead the Tahs on total wins and have an easier final-round game at home to the struggling Western Force on Saturday.dddddddddddd.The night before, NSW play in Auckland against the Blues, who thrashed the Brumbies at Eden Park last Friday.The Canberra-based side will be assured of finishing first in Australia even before they play, if NSW dont pick up at least a losing bonus point the night before. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen