Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

said. Or I could say, `Ive probably ridden in the rain on my time-trial bike more than anybody out here, so I just tricked my m

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 01.02.2020 03:01
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

STANFORD, Calif. -- Washington State is coming off a huge home victory over Oregon and Stanford is coming off a huge road loss to Washington.The Cougars are hoping to carry that success into this week and the Cardinal want nothing more than to play better.A victory Saturday for either team will go a long way in determining the caliber of bowl game each team may wind up in at the end of the season.The No. 15 Cardinal (3-1, 2-1 Pac-12), preseason favorites in the North Division, probably have more to lose. A second loss will make it impossible to remain in the national discussion and will likely hurt running back Christian McCaffreys chances at the Heisman.The Cougars (2-2, 1-0) can gain national respect and push quarterback Luke Falk into the conversation.I dont think that will be the same Stanford team well see, Cougars coach Mike Leach said. One key with Stanford is to be physically strong enough to address the issues Stanford gives you. Washington is pretty strong. Stanford got back on their heels and never came out of.Stanford owns an eight-game winning streak against the Cougars, extending it last year when Washington State missed a potential game-winning field goal as the clock expired.We should have won that game but thats on us, Leach said. We have to do a better job of putting ourselves in position to control our own destiny.What worries Stanford coach David Shaw, whose team was limited to 29 yards rushing in last weeks loss, is how prolific Washington State has become running the ball.The Cougars rushed for 280 yards and scored six times on the ground in a 51-33 victory over Oregon, and Falk passed for 371.Mike Leach will attack scheme and personnel, Shaw said. He doesnt care if Richard Sherman is out there. The conflict he puts you in, with this Air Raid passing attack and now a run game, it keeps you honest. You cant play soft coverage; you have to account for the running game.Other things to know as Stanford prepares to host Washington State:FANTASTIC FALK: Falk is the FBS active career leader in passing yards per game at 360.0. Hes already thrown for 1,495 yards and 12 touchdowns and is fourth nationally with a 373.8 yards per game average.Falk does a good job of handling things when the situation is not perfect, Shaw said. He slides to the soft spot and throws downfield. He has a strong arm and is very accurate.STILL WATCHING McCAFFREY: McCaffrey rushed for 49 yards on 12 carries against Washington last week but he still remains one of the most dangerous players with a ball in his hands. He leads the country with 214.5 all-purpose yards per game.Those offensive linemen at Stanford have a big role in making him as good as he is, Leach said. I think hes good anyway. You can see that in his versatility. Hes a factor in returns and catches the ball out of the backfield.BY THE NUMBERS: Washington State has two consecutive games of 200 or more yards rushing for the first time in 11 years. ... Stanford has won 48 of 54 games played at home since 2008. ... The Cougars have not beaten a top 15 team since 2003. ... The Cardinal have averaged 34.1 points in games following a loss under Shaw.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Jerry Rice Super Bowl Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Joe Staley Super Bowl Jersey . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. http://www.authenticsf49erspro.com/Jalen-hurd-49ers-jersey/ . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. Dre Greenlaw Super Bowl Jersey . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Joe Montana Super Bowl Jersey . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Rowers packed up their oars for the day while cyclists hit slippery roads on skinny time-trial bikes unsuited to harsh weather conditions as sun-drenched Rio turned blustery, wet and gray on Wednesday.Strong winds rattled palm trees along the coast and whipped up waves on the scenic lagoon where rowing was canceled for a full day for the second time at the Rio Olympics.Twenty-two races, including the first two medal races, were postponed but international rowing federation director Matt Smith said theres still room on the schedule without having to resort to drastic measures -- even if Thursdays competition is also called off.If Friday morning at 10 oclock we are sitting here, we may have to lose some races, Smith said.The regatta already lost a day to bad weather on Sunday, but race officials made up for it by rescheduling heats for Monday and Tuesday.Under dark skies, cyclists braved lashing rain and wind on the time-trial course along Rios southern coast. Ellen van Dijk of the Netherlands slid off the road. Although she stayed on her bike, she got tangled in weeds, which may have cost her a medal. She finished fourth.Gold-medalist Kristin Armstrong of the U.S. said she got a bit concerrned when she woke up at 4:30 a.ddddddddddddm. and looked out the window.I had a choice at that moment to take it and get super nervous and say, `Oh my gosh, she said. Or I could say, `Ive probably ridden in the rain on my time-trial bike more than anybody out here, so I just tricked my mind and said, `Take it, Armstrong said.Time-trial bikes have skinny tires and aerodynamics that dont always work well in the wind.The mens competition took place in similar weather, with parts of the course drenched in rain and others more or less dry.The biggest problem for rowers is not so much the rain as the wind. On Saturday, the competition went ahead despite choppy waters that left rowers struggling to keep their boats balanced.Some athletes who struggled in the waves said the races should have been postponed, but rowing officials insisted the conditions were the same for everyone.Its much more stressful when we have unfair wind, said Smith, recalling how at the London Olympics the wind sometimes varied from lane to lane.---Associated Press writer David Skretta contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen