Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

from Todd.Were peaking at the right time, which is a good sign, Logano continued. Weve had some speed the last three races. Tex

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 26.01.2020 05:15
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Pat Lam dubbed the dramatic 20-18 victory over Wasps in the European Champions Cup one of the highlights of my time in Connacht.Lam, who last week announced his shock move to Bristol next season, watched his side score a levelling last-minute maul try through Fijian flanker Naulia Dawai before Jack Carty added the decisive conversion from wide out on the right.The game had been turning in Wasps favour in the second half with two Jimmy Gopperth penalties and winger Josh Barretts 72nd-minute try seeing them erase a 13-7 deficit.Joe Simpson also crossed in the opening quarter, with replacement Danie Poolman scoring Connachts first half try.The result means Wasps, Toulouse and Connacht are now all level on 13 points each at the top of Pool Two.Against the backdrop of last Sundays disappointing 32-17 defeat in Coventry and a lengthy injury list, Lam said: No one outside knows the week we had.I challenged the boys on Monday - a great chance to practice mental fitness and preparation without being on the rugby field. Its been an unbelievable week of challenges, with a lot of working with videos and only one training session.The 8,090 sell-out crowd more than played its part according to Lam, who admitted: We knew what was coming.We love it here and the last thing I said was draw on the crowd, draw on it getting you up of the field, draw on it to encourage your mates, draw on it to bring energy.We are going to make mistakes because Wasps are a quality team, but it (the crowd) is without doubt a 16th man for us. Its just tremendous when its full like that.The Connacht head coach also paid special mention to Carty, the only fly-half and kicker still available in the squad due to the injuries.Although he missed an early penalty, Carty went on to kick two penalties and two conversions and Lam said: Jack has taken flak, but this week he did extra sessions.He knew the team was going to need him because he was the last goal-kicker, and we are all emotional about it.That is an example of what Connacht people are all about - they get knocked back but they dust themselves down and get going again, so this win is a tremendous win.The main thing is we are still alive and it is in our control. We have always done well against Zebre because we have always respected them, but we know we will have to get five points from that game and really crank it up. Its a great pool.Meanwhile, Wasps director of rugby Dai Young lamented the concession of the last-gasp seven-pointer when his team led 18-13.He said: We were just one ruck away from winning that game. I am really disappointed for the players. Its a difficult place to come and get a result against a very good team, but I have no complaints, he said.Youve got to give Connacht credit for playing till the end when it looked lost to them, but I am really proud of the players and disappointed because I could not have asked for more.However, Young thought his charges lacked accuracy in the opening half, leaking a late try to Poolman from Cartys cross-field kick.He added: The second half was far more controlled and we got our noses in front, and when you do that with the type of teams in this competition, it is hard to turn around and we were just one ruck from getting a really difficult win.Young said their home date with fellow quarter-final hopefuls Toulouse will now likely determine the pool.He explained: Its a massive game for us. If we beat them, it makes the two games in our favour, and youd like to think it would be enough - but with Toulouse in the mix, they have plenty to play for too. Earl Campbell Jersey . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. Tyrone Hughes Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. http://www.customsaintsjersey.com/ . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Cheap Custom Saints Jersey .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. Rueben Mayes Jersey . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. AVONDALE, Ariz. -- Karma has a funny way of coming back around. Just ask Joey Logano.A little more than 12 months ago, Logano was eliminated from the 2015 NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup when Matt Kenseth intentionally wrecked him at Martinsville Speedway, an attack made in retribution for a prior incident between the two a few weeks earlier at Kansas Speedway.On Sunday, Kenseth was the driver who got wrecked -- pretty much by his own teammate -- opening the door for Logano to win the Can-Am 500 at Phoenix International Raceway. More importantly, the timely victory landed Logano among the four drivers who will compete for the 2016 Sprint Cup next weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway.Logano and the No. 22 Team Penske Ford were often the dominant combination of the 2015 season, and he was bitterly disappointed that after Kenseth wrecked him at Martinsville, he didnt get the opportunity to compete for the crown.But thanks to the incredible events that went down late in Sundays race at Phoenix, hell get that chance next week for the second time in the three years that NASCARs Chase has been run using the current 16-driver elimination format.At Phoenix, Kenseth looked to be cruising to an uncontested victory while Logano was desperately trying to hold off Kevin Harvick for the fourth-place finish he needed to qualify for the Homestead finale on points.As Kenseth sped around to take the white flag, the yellow flew instead as Michael McDowell crashed in Turn 3. Suddenly, Kenseth had to contend with a restart.It didnt go well. Kenseth got a good jump into Turn 1, but when Alex Bowman turned down to block a charging Kyle Busch, Buschs car bumped Bowmans car. The contact unsettled Bowmans Chevrolet enough to send it sliding into Kenseths Toyota, which spun into the Turn 1 wall while Logano and Busch sped past.An additional restart held no drama for Logano, who easily held off Busch in a green-white-checkered finish.It was Loganos 17th career Cup Series race win, and his seventh in the Chase since the elimination format was introduced in 2014. That tops all drivers, and hes still just 26 years old.Man, this feels so good! Logano exclaimed in his Victory Lane television interview. Ive never felt this good about a win before. I feel like I won the Daytona 500 again. Theres so much on the line, and everybody brings their A-game when it comes to winning championships.Were racing for a championship now, he added. We did exactly what we had to do. Were going to go to Homestead and do the same thing.Team owner Roger Penske has the unique opportunity to win both the IndyCar Series championship and NASCARs top championship in the year that Team Penske is celebrating its 50th anniversarry in competition.ddddddddddddSimon Pagenaud won Penskes 14th Indy car title earlier this year, but Penske has achieved less success in stock car racing. Brad Keselowski earned Team Penskes only Cup Series title to date in 2012.Now Logano will represent the legendary team in a championship finale one more time.I guess we can say were going to Homestead, Penske remarked. Today the team really was disciplined, they executed the pit stops and Joeys restarts were classic Logano -- nobody was able to be as cool as he was to take the position.The outcome wasnt the outcome until the overtime, Penske added. I think this proves just how good he is to continually get the job done for us.Logano is convinced that he and his team led by crew chief Todd Gordon have what it takes to prevail in the final four shootout next week at Homestead. His competition includes Busch, fellow Joe Gibbs Racing driver Carl Edwards?and six-time Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson.In his other championship final experience in 2014, Logano finished 16th at Homestead, last among the four Chase contenders. He vows that will not happen again.We have experience now, Logano stated. Weve been together four years or so, and weve gone through some hard situations together as a team and not much has changed. They do a good job of keeping their head straight and a lot of that comes from Todd.Were peaking at the right time, which is a good sign, Logano continued. Weve had some speed the last three races. Texas was one of our best races of the year and to go to a racetrack thats very similar to that makes me excited. We know what it takes to win a championship because weve been through that situation once before. Ive been saying throughout this Chase that I hope were in that situation because we know how to handle it. Today we were in that situation and we won the race, and I cant wait to put my team in that situation again.Its hard to think of a 26-year-old as a grizzled veteran, but Logano has already been racing at the Cup level for eight full years.The kid once known as Sliced Bread seems to realize that a driver often needs to lose a championship to learn how to win one.Hell get that chance in one weeks time.Weve got momentum, he acknowledged. I remember the last time we got through to Homestead, I wasnt this excited. I was immediately nervous.This is not that feeling, he added. I have confidence this time. I know we can do it. I dont feel its a long shot like the last time, when it was the first time I was racing for a championship.This time I feel like weve been there before. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen