Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

the best now. He is the champion," Silva said. "Ive had the belt for a long time. Im tired." The former champion fell to 33-5 w

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.01.2020 09:24
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraskas victory over Purdue wont convince skeptics whove been saying the No. 8 Cornhuskers arent worthy of a top-10 ranking.The wait to find out how good they really are is almost over.In their final tuneup before their Big Ten West showdown at No. 10 Wisconsin, they came back from a four-point halftime deficit to beat the Boilermakers 27-14 Saturday.Once again, and this time against a 24-point underdog, the Huskers (7-0, 4-0 Big Ten) underperformed against a lesser opponent until pulling away in the second half. Still, theyll take their best record since 2001 into the game in Madison.These games, they havent been pretty, linebacker Josh Banderas said. My hearts been going in a lot of them. Id like to have a couple where that s not the case. But were going to find that our will to win is up there with the best in the country. No matter what team is in front of us, were going to find a way to win somehow.Tommy Armstrong Jr. accounted for 303 yards of total offense and two touchdowns, and Purdue (3-4, 1-3) managed only 94 yards in the second half in interim coach Gerad Parkers first game since taking over for the fired Darrell Hazell.What a great first half we played, Parker said. We battled through some tough things and had fun with it and smiled about it whether things worked or not. I thought we did the same thing with our effort the second half. Its just one of those things where they made more plays than we did.The Huskers lost 55-45 at Purdue last year, and Memorial Stadium was in a stunned silence as the Boilermakers pulled out to a 14-10 lead on David Bloughs two touchdown passes to DeAngelo Yancey, the second one an 88-yard catch-and-run.But the Huskers scored on three straight possessions after going three-and-out on their first series of the second half.This will sound like a little bit of a broken record, but were extremely happy to win the game, coach Mike Riley said. My feelings are Purdue came here and played hard and their intentions were to win. Their quarterback is a good player and made plays, and so did their team. We struggled in a lot of ways and just had to stay with it.Armstrongs 40-yard pass to DeMornay Pierson-El gave the Huskers the lead, and Alonzo Moore went 24 yards for a touchdown on a jet sweep and Drew Brown kicked a career-long 51-yard field goal for the games final points.The Huskers, with a banged-up offensive line and facing a Purdue defense crowding the line of scrimmage, leaned on the pass far more than expected against the Big Tens worst rushing defense. Armstrong was hit-and-miss, and they went punt-punt-punt-interception on their last four series of the half.Leading Nebraska on the road at half in his first game since replacing Hazell left Parker emotional for his halftime interview with an ABC sideline reporter.Im almost in tears and got chills all over me, he said.THE TAKEAWAYPurdue: Parker said the Boilermakers would play as if they had nothing to lose, and thats what they did. They went for it on fourth down four times, converting twice and scoring a touchdown on one of them.Nebraska: The Huskers continue to scuffle with lesser opponents. They could be in trouble if they dont step up their game against the tougher opponents that are fast approaching.KEY NUMBERSArmstrong was 17 for 31 for 252 yards and ran 10 times for 51, and he set the school record with his 13th game with 300 yards or more of total offense. Terrell Newby had 82 yards on 22 carries for the Huskers.Blough was 25 of 43 for 309 yards, the fifth 300-yard day of his career and his most in a road game. Yancey caught four balls for 100 yards.POLL IMPLICATIONSEven though at least one team ahead of them in the poll will have lost, the Huskers dont merit a promotion after an uninspired performance. They might even slip a spot or two.UP NEXT:Purdue: The Boilermakers host Penn State to begin a stretch of three home games in four weeks.Nebraska: Their season-defining stretch starts at No. 10 Wisconsin next Saturday and continues the following week at No. 2 Ohio State.---Online:AP college football website: http://collegefootball.ap.org Tevin Coleman Super Bowl Jersey .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Raheem Mostert Super Bowl Jersey . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. http://www.49ersofficialfanshop.com/jaquiski-tartt-jersey-sales.html . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Matt Breida Super Bowl Jersey . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. Jalen Hurd Super Bowl Jersey . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. LAS VEGAS -- Chris Weidman sent a shock wave through mixed martial arts, stopping Anderson Silva in the second round of the main event at UFC 162 to become the new middleweight champion on Saturday night. Silva talked, taunted and dared Weidman to engage him. When the champion lowered his hands early in the second round, Weidman caught him with a short left that sent the MMA star to the mat. Weidman pounced and landed a few more shots that forced referee Herb Dean to stop the fight at 1:18. "I felt destined for this," Weidman said. "It was far-fetched, but I imagined it so many times before in my head." The win put an end to Silvas nearly seven-year reign atop the UFC middleweight division and his 17-fight win streak. "I worked for this fight, Chris Weidman is the best now. He is the champion," Silva said. "Ive had the belt for a long time. Im tired." The former champion fell to 33-5 with the loss. "(Silva) was an idol of mine. I didnt want to mentiion it in the camp," said Weidman (10-0), who earned knockout of the night award.dddddddddddd "I looked up to him for many years." In the co-main event in front of a capacity crowd at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar outwrestled and outstruck Charles Oliveira to get the win by unanimous decision. Fighting in his first non-title fight in more than 3 1/2 years, Edgar looked sharp and utilized excellent footwork to avoid Oliveira. The first two rounds were close, but the third saw Edgar land a number of clean power punches and pull away for the win. "I thought I had him hurt in the third, but he showed some toughness," said Edgar, who improved to 15-4-1 and placed himself in title contention with the win. Oliveira fell to 16-4. On the main card, Mark Munoz and Tim Kennedy each earned unanimous decision victories and Cub Swanson bested Dennis Siver in a battle of highly ranked featherweights with a third round TKO. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen