Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ic.There are so many things to improve, the Austrian said after his opening defeat, I think there were too many unforced errors

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 23.11.2019 13:33
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LONDON -- Its been a lively start to the season finale at the O2 Arena, with Novak Djokovic almost tagging Boris Becker and Andy Murray making his debut as world No. 1.The top two players in the world are edging closer to a straight battle for the year-end No. 1 spot, though there are plenty of other storylines developing at the Tour Finals.Here are five things to watch out for Tuesday:?1. Has Djokovic cooled off?Novak got a little wound up by one British journalist in his news conference after being Dominic Thiem.He didnt react too well when it was suggested he may have been close to hitting a fan when he struck a ball in frustration towards his players box after losing a first-set tiebreaker.Venting his anger on-court may have worked -- he lost just two more games on his way to victory -- but his post-match outburst added fuel to the feeling Djokovic is still not quite himself.It has been a rocky six months for the Serb since winning the French Open, culminating in him losing the No. 1 ranking to Andy Murray.He will need to show he can deal with the pressure of battling back from adversity, something he has rarely had to do the past several years.2. Can Raonic snap his winless streak vs. Novak?It is seven matches and seven defeats against the current world No. 2 for Milos Raonic, who got off the mark with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Gael Monfils Sunday evening.The Canadian admitted it would be quite the step up.He was very commanding towards the end of his match [against Thiem], Raonic said of Djokovic. He really stepped up after a difficult, slow start.Its going to be a difficult task that I have ahead of me. I feel like Im doing some things well. I feel like I can do some things better.I was quite proficient on returning [against Monfils]. I took care of my serve like I hoped to. Thats what my game depends on. I hope I can keep moving forward.3. Will the real Monfils stand up?After all these years hes finally here. Its been a long time waiting for one of the most highly touted players of this era, and the 30-year-old Gael Monfils Tour Finals debut was one to forget.I simply love it, the Frenchman said, of his first experience playing at the O2 Arena, in a straight-sets defeat to Milos Raonic.But hopefully Monfils wants to prove he is here in London to do more than just make up the numbers.Well give him the benefit of the doubt against Raonic. I came here with not even a week of practice., he said. Even when youre 100 percent, its tough to beat those guys. Hes No. 4 in the world.Next up is Thiem. Its going to be a tough one, Monfils said. Not much time for me to recover. To be honest, a bit sore. I can feel it straightaway, so its not a good sign. Its a while I didnt play with pressure, I guess, in a tournament, with competition.Dominic is a fantastic player. He play from the baseline. Maybe give me a bit more time than Milos.4. Time for Thiem to turn it onDominic Thiem is 23. He has won titles on all four surfaces. But he wilted spectacularly under scoreboard pressure, after going a set up against Novak Djokovic.There are so many things to improve, the Austrian said after his opening defeat, I think there were too many unforced errors in the first few shots, in the rallies. Yeah, other things were good, other things were bad.For the man touted as one of the next big stars of the mens game, Thiem has had a number of early losses since reaching the French Open semifinals -- he has failed to make it past the second round at Wimbledon, Kitzbuhel, Toronto, Beijing, Vienna and Paris.He will need to find another gear against Monfils if he doesnt want another early departure in London.5. Can Jamie Murray cap off a stellar year?All the talk has centred on Andy Murrays bid to finish the year on top of the rankings, but his brother Jamie is also in with a shout of finishing as doubles No. 1.He and Bruno Soares will be looking to cap off a memorable 2016 with the doubles crown here, after winning the Australian Open and US Open.Tuesdays afternoon session throws up an intriguing battle against the Bryan brothers, with both teams having won their opening matches.Its always exciting to play against them, said Murray. Theyre clearly the best team in history with the amount of titles they won. They always bring a great energy to the court. We all look up to them. We all aspire to kind of get to their level.Of course, probably theyre starting to kind of decline a little bit. But thats always going to happen when youve won so much, and time has taken on.Were really fired up to play against them. Should be a great match. Well, Im looking forward to it. I hope Bruno is, as well. Nike Air Max Sale . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. Cheap Nike Air Max Outlet . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. https://www.wholesalenikeairmaxshoes.com/ . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. Discount Nike Air Max Wholesale . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. Cheap Air Max 270 . Team physician Dr. Steve Traina performed the surgery Friday. Robinson was injured in a spill underneath the Nuggets basket during the first quarter of Wednesday nights loss to the Charlotte Bobcats. BOZEMAN, Mont. -- John Walker intercepted a Dalton Easton pass in the end zone to seal Montana States 27-24 win over Bryant on Saturday.Bryant closed to within three when Easton and Jean Constant hooked up on 40-yard scoring play with 8:02 remaining in the game. The Bulldogs recovered the ensuing onside kick at midfield. Easton marched Bryant to the Montana State 20 before being intercepted.The victory gave new coach Jeff Choate his first victory at Montana State (1-1).Tyler Bruggman passed to John DDAgostino from the 10 and later hit Mitch Herbert from the 27 to give the Bobcats a 14-3 lead in the second quarter.ddddddddddddEaston, who had 208 yards at the half, threw for 368 yards and two touchdowns but was intercepted three times. Walker picked off two passes and Bryson McCabe grabbed the other.Taylor Barthelette caught eight passes for 161 yards for Bryant (1-1). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen