Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

l profound effect against a team like this that plays a style like his." Toronto then took its first lead of the series at 15:03

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 22.11.2019 14:13
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

TORONTO, Ontario -- Will Acton came through again for the Toronto Marlies. Acton scored the winning goal early in the third period as the Marlies beat the Grand Rapids Griffins 4-2 on Saturday to even the AHL semifinal series at a game apiece. He only has two goals in the playoff, but both have been game-winners. In Round 1, he clinched the series against Rochester, scoring in overtime of Game 3 to sweep the Americans. On Saturday, he took a saucer pass from Jerry DAmigo in the slot area and snapped the puck past Petr Mrazek at 2:36 to put the Marlies ahead for good. "Willy scored a huge goal in Rochester and he did it again tonight -- another game-winner," said Greg Scott, who continued his torrid post-season play, scoring a goal and adding an empty-netter. "Hes got a shot on him and when he uses it, its a weapon." With captain Ryan Hamilton and scorer Joe Colborne up with the Maple Leafs, Marlies coach Dallas Eakins has entrusted Acton, whos on an AHL contract with Toronto, with top-six minutes so far in the post-season. "Tonight, I didnt love his first period," Eakins said. "I had to bark at him a bit on the bench. But the great thing about Willy is that you can give him a bit of a boot and he responds. Hes a diligent kid, such a hard worker and a big part of the character of our group. "Its great to see him respond like that. It was a huge goal." The series now shifts to Grand Rapids for the next three games. The Griffins took Game 1, crushing the Marlies 7-0, the worst playoff loss in Torontos franchise history. "Game 1 was a little rough," Scott said. "Our first period, I dont think we played that well, but in the second and third we got going. "The second half, we just bought into what we were doing. We were playing Toronto Marlies hockey." Ryan Lasch had the other goal for Toronto and Drew MacIntyre made 30 saves for the win. Tomas Jurco and Landon Ferraro replied for Grand Rapids. Mrazek stopped 28 shots in defeat. After a scoreless first period, the teams opened up with two goals apiece in the second. The Griffins got on the board first at 8:36 on a 2-on-1 rush. Jurco dished to Teemu Pulkkinen who poked the puck toward the Toronto goal. MacIntyre couldnt coral it and Jurco swooped in from the right side of the net to flick the puck over the sprawling goalie. The Marlies finally broke through less than two minutes later, scoring their first goal of the series. It came on the power play, when Lasch scored on his second chance at a rebound off a Paul Ranger point shot. The 5-9, 175-pound Lasch was playing his first game of the playoffs after sitting out the first four games. "Grand Rapids wants to play a skilled game," Eakins said. "Thats what Ryan Lasch can do and thats why we inserted him. We thought he could have a real profound effect against a team like this that plays a style like his." Toronto then took its first lead of the series at 15:03 when Scott scored his second short-handed goal of the playoffs. "Ziggy pinched up on their guy cutting across and knocked the puck free," Scott said. "I thought I was in alone, but they had a guy on me. I made a little move, buried my head and shot it." But Grand Rapids got its own short-handed goal 1:41 later when Ferraro scored on a breakaway after Ranger fumbled the puck at the Griffins blue-line with no one behind him to back him up. Grand Rapids owned most of the play in the first two periods, getting the first seven shots in each frame before the Marlies were able to record a shot on goal and outshooting Toronto 28-15. "We were firmly out of sorts in the first period, but Drew held us in," Eakins said. "In the third, I went with the guys who got us here and shortened the bench right up, drastically and our guys responded." "When you get saves from your goaltender, especially timely ones and big ones, it gives your team confidence, and it excites the bench," Eakins said. "The problem was we had to wait 25 to 35 minutes before we could really get going, so we dont want to go down that road too much." After Acton scored the winner early in the third period, Scott got his second of the game, an empty-netter at 18:41, his league-leading seventh of the post-season. Notes: Its the second-ever playoff meeting between the two teams. The Griffins defeated the Marlies 4-1 in the 2006 North Division semifinalsaLaschs goal broke Mrazeks shutout streak at 153:44, dating back to Grand Rapids first-round series against the Houston AerosaAnnounced attendance was 3,891. NFL Jerseys . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. Soccer Jerseys . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. https://www.cheapjerseysjustwholesale.com/ . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Stitched Jerseys . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. Wholesale Jerseys . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. DEL MAR, Calif. -- Texas Ryano won the $200,000 Hollywood Turf Cup by 3 1/4 lengths Friday at Del Mar.Ridden by Joe Talamo, Texas Ryano ran 1 1/2 miles in 2:27.92 and paid $6.60, $3.20 and $2.10 as the 2-1 second choice in the wagering.Ashleyluvssugar returned $2.40 and $2.10 as the 4-5 favorite in the Grade 2 race. Flamboyant was another 1 1/4 lengths back in third and paid $2.60 to show.The victory, worth $120,000, increased Texas Ryanos career earnings to $438,355, with five wins in 18 starts.Trained by Carla Gaines, Texas Ryano overhauled Asshleyluvssugar at the top of the stretch after trailing his rival in three straight stakes races earlier this year.dddddddddddd was sitting there loaded and I was smiling. Couldnt have had a better trip, Talamo said. The only thing that concerned me was the fact that we were going slow and I didnt want the favorite (Ashleyluvssugar) to slip away in the lane. So I was up closer and it worked out just right. He ran big. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen