Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ew against Sweden on Tuesday.Brazil will still play for the bronze medal against Canada on Friday in Sao Paulo with a chance to

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 27.10.2019 05:45
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

WATERLOO, Ont. -- With the greens soft and weather conditions ideal, Catriona Matthew was aggressive from the start of her round Friday at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic. She nearly holed her approach shot on the opening hole before settling for par. The eagle she barely missed out on would come four holes later. Five birdies followed in her bogey-free round, vaulting Matthew into top spot at 15-under-par 127 at the tournaments midway point. "It feels really good, Ive holed a lot of putts but Ive given myself a lot of chances," Matthew said. "I wouldnt really say Ive holed many super-long ones but just every time Ive given myself a chance Im kind of taking advantage of them." The 127 total blew away her previous career-best 36-hole mark on tour by five strokes. Matthew was three shots ahead of American Angela Stanford (67). Anna Nordqvist of Sweden shot a 64 and was tied at 11 under with American Ryann OToole (65), Spains Belen Mozo (66) and South Koreas Chella Choi (65) and Meena Lee (66). Matthew, who hit a 25-foot-putt for eagle on the par-5 fifth hole, birdied two of the next three holes for a 32 on the front nine. She was at a loss to explain her comfort level on the southwestern Ontario course. "I would say first time here, obviously suits my eye a little bit, maybe just got the speed of the greens," Matthew said. "I think thats the important thing. When youre holing putts, it all seems quite easy." Matthew missed only one fairway on the day and hit all but one green in regulation. It was warm and sunny Friday but the greens were still moist from rain earlier in the week. Stanford played this event in its inaugural season last year and said the course is playing much different this time around. "I think the firmness of the greens last year made it a little bit tougher," she said. "You had to kind of pay attention to where you were landing it. "This week theyre so soft you can kind of go pin hunting." The wide fairways and open layout of the 6,330-yard, par-71 course rewarded consistency off the tee. The ball often sat tight near the pin after quality approach shots instead of rolling through, resulting in many birdie and eagle opportunities. Eleven players cracked the double-digit mark after only 36 holes. It could mean a score of -20 -- or better -- will be needed to win the US$1.3-million tournament. Top-ranked Inbee Park of South Korea, who is looking to win her fourth straight LPGA Tour event, had a 67 and was tied with three other players at 10 under. Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., shot a 66 and was the top Canadian at 6 under. The weather forecast is calling for the same comfortable conditions over the last two rounds. "Course conditions determine a lot. This setup, like last year, was not easy," Stanford said. "Anywhere in the world if greens get soft, it makes it a lot more accessible. So I dont think the layout is what makes it easy. I think just the fact that theyve had so much rain here and its softer. "But if its firm and fast, then youve got to pay attention to where you land your ball and running through fairways. So I think its just the greens being soft has been our gift this week." Park is trying to become the first golfer to win four straight LPGA tournaments since Lorena Ochoa in 2008. "I mean this golf course is very scorable, and a lot of people are going on birdie streaks," Park said. "Its tough to follow that many birdies all four days. Im trying my best to get it out there." Nancy Lopez holds the tour record with five consecutive victories in 1978, a mark equalled by Annika Sorenstam over the 2004-05 seasons. Park recently won the U.S. Womens Open to become the first player to win the years first three majors since Babe Zaharias swept the three majors played in the LPGAs inaugural season in 1950. Park will go for her fourth major in a row at the Womens British Open next month. Notes: Matthew has recorded 36-hole totals of 132 on two occasions, the most recent in 2005. ... Park turned 25 on Friday. Fans in the grandstand at the 18th hole sang "Happy Birthday" to her as she walked off the green after sinking a short birdie putt. Park, who started her round on the 11th hole, smiled and waved to the crowd. ... Henderson and Jennifer Kirby of Paris, Ont., were added to the 144-player field as sponsor exemptions. Kirby and Charlottetowns Lorie Kane were at 5-under-par 137. Hamiltons Alena Sharp was the other Canadian to make it to the weekend, just making the cut at 3 under. Scarpe Air Max 2019 Scontate . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. Scarpe Air Max 200 Scontate . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. http://www.airmaxitaliascarpe.it/ . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. Air Max 95 Nere Scontate . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. Scarpe Air Max Plus Scontate .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Marta crumbled to her knees on the field at Brazils famed Maracana Stadium, her eyes filled with tears.The major international title that has eluded her for her entire career would not come on home soil at these Olympic Games. Brazil was ousted from a shot at the gold-medal match 4-3 on penalties after a scoreless draw against Sweden on Tuesday.Brazil will still play for the bronze medal against Canada on Friday in Sao Paulo with a chance to salvage the tournament in a smaller way than Marta and her teammates had hoped. Sweden will play Germany for the gold at Maracana.Even Swedens players consoled her after the game. Marta has played professionally in that country for the past four years.They praised our team and said they were sorry for taking Brazil out of the final. They wanted to see us playing in the final here in Brazil. But this is football. Someone has to lose, she said. They fought until the end, just like we did, and came out on top in the penalties.When she finally rose, she and Sweden coach Pia Sundhage shared a warm embrace.All of the Swedish players know Marta very well. I think she had a fantastic game, Sundhage said. She created a couple of problems for us, but at the end of the day, trying to stop her, I think we did pretty good. Marta is a very good player.Known simply by her first name, Marta Vieira da Silva won fans all over Brazil during the Olympic tournament.While womens soccer is not very popular in Brazil, Marta impressed with her intelligent play and stellar footwork. When the mens side was struggling early in the tournament, some fans crossed out Neymars name on their No. 10 jerseys and wrote in Marta in magic marker.Better than Neymar! fans cheered after one match.Marta grew up playing street soccer with the boys in Dois Riachos, a town about 1,250 miles north of Rio de Janeiro. She was only 17 when she appeared at the 2003 World Cup in the United States.For the 2006 season, Marta won the first of an unprecedented five straight FIFA World Player of the Year awards.DDubbed Pele in skirts, Marta scored seven goals at the 2007 World Cup in China, but Brazil finished as runners-up in the tournament after falling to Germany 2-0 in the final.ddddddddddddWith Marta, the Brazilians won the silver medal at both the 2004 and 2008 Olympics. Her duel with goalkeeper Hope Solo in the final at the Beijing Games was considered epic. Carli Lloyd scored the game-winner in extra time for the Americans, but it was Solo who fended off a point-blank shot from Marta in the 72nd minute.One of their biggest showdowns came at the 2011 World Cup in Germany. Solo came out the victor on penalty kicks after a dramatic 2-2 draw. Marta had both goals for Brazil, including a controversial penalty kick, but Solo was able to stop Daiane in the shootout. The Americans, knocked out in the Rio quarterfinals by Sweden, would go on to the final that year.With Marta you have to have a little extra attention to her, even though our team defense is really good and really organized. Thats a compliment to her, Solo told The Associated Press during the Olympics. I have played for coaches in the past who thought we could just play our style of soccer against Marta, and weve been punished for it. So Im very aware that we have to pay extra attention to her.Marta has scored 104 goals in 107 international appearances. She has the most World Cup goals with 15. She has 10 Olympic goals, tying her for third on the career list with Abby Wambach of the U.S.But what Marta doesnt have in her storied career is a major international title. At 33, it is conceivable that Marta could play in the 2019 Womens World Cup in France.Brazilian coach Vadao said he hoped Marta and the teams other vets -- namely Formiga and Cristiane -- dont walk away following the Olympics.I think to lose Formiga, Marta and Cristiane would be regrettable because we need their experience to lead the next generation, the coach said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen