Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

CLEVELAND -- David Murphy doesnt know why or how or what happened to fix his broken swing. [url=https://www.bearssportsgoods.co

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 25.10.2019 05:40
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- David Murphy doesnt know why or how or what happened to fix his broken swing. Anthony Miller Youth Jersey . None of that matters. Hes not asking questions. He just wants to keep hitting. "I havent felt this way in a while," he said. Murphy hit a three-run homer and had four RBIs as the Cleveland Indians took advantage of outdoor batting practice and San Diegos sloppiness to beat the Padres 8-6 on Tuesday night in their delayed interleague series opener. Murphys shot in the fourth inning off Tyson Ross (0-2) gave the Indians a 6-2 lead. He added an RBI double in the sixth and is 6 for 8 with a homer and five RBIs in his past two games. Its a dramatic change for Murphy, who batted just .204 during spring training and then opened the season 2 of 14 in Clevelands first four games. But since finding his "feel" in the batting cage a few days ago, Murphy has been making solid contact in every at-bat. Hes stunned himself with his turnaround. "Thats whats so weird about it," said Murphy, batting .364 with three doubles, a homer and six RBIs in six games. "I felt so terrible most of spring training. I didnt feel like I necessarily resembled a big league hitter, and even in the first few games of the season. Its night and day." Corey Kluber (1-1) bounced back from a rough season debut in Oakland and pitched six solid innings. John Axford stopped San Diegos rally in the ninth for his third save. The Indians were rained out for the second time Monday and have endured wintry conditions so far at home. Theyve only had BP on the field twice and have scored 15 runs in those games. Nyjer Morgan had three hits and two RBIs for the Indians, who will play their second doubleheader this season Wednesday. Jedd Gyorko had three RBIs, Everth Cabrera had three doubles and Xavier Nady homered in the ninth, when the Padres scored three runs off reliever Vinnie Pestano before Axford closed it out. But San Diego couldnt overcome two errors, five walks, two wild pitches and a passed ball. "Weve played pretty sound, fundamental baseball," Padres manager Bud Black said. "It didnt happen tonight. We made some miscues." With the Indians leading 3-2, Murphy, who had four hits in Sundays loss to Minnesota, gave the Indians a four-run cushion with his first homer since signing with Cleveland as a free agent. He batted a career-low .220 -- .084 points below his average in 2012 -- last season with Texas but is off to a good start with his new team. "Like I said the other day, its one game. Now its two games," Murphy said. "Its early in the season, but hopefully something is working here." Ross fielding error -- he dropped the ball covering first -- with one out set up the inning. Lonnie Chisenhall followed with a single and both runners moved up on a wild pitch. Ross got Yan Gomes on a grounder to third before he grooved a 3-1 pitch to Murphy, who knocked it into the right-field seats. Before the game, Indians manager Terry Francona couldnt wait to soak in some rare sunshine at Progressive Field. "Im excited to get out there, man," Francona said. "Im ready to go. We feel like weve been cooped up in here until game time." Despite getting in some extra cuts, the Indians had only one hit through three innings but led 3-0. They scored three runs in the third, when two walks, an error and a passed ball by the Padres helped their cause. Ross walked Gomes and Murphy before Yasmani Grandals passed ball put runners at first and third. Morgan hit a grounder toward right that second baseman Gyorko stopped with nice play before throwing wildly past second as Gomes scored and Murphy hustled to third. Nick Swisher hit an RBI groundout and Jason Kipnis delivered a sacrifice fly to make it 3-0. Gyorko made up for his mistake in the fourth with a two-run double, bringing in San Diegos 13th and 14th runs in seven games this season. NOTES: The Indians scored three runs in the third without a hit, the first time theyve done that since July 21, 2007. ... Indians RHP Trevor Bauer will start the second game of Wednesdays doubleheader. Bauer made four starts in his first season for Cleveland in 2013. ... Kluber is 6-1 in 11 starts following a loss since last season. Akiem Hicks Youth Jersey .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. Tarik Cohen Bears Jersey . There are practical ideas, like this Chewbaca inspired Star Wars jerseys. Star Wars themed jerseys for the Toledo Mud Hens. https://www.bearssportsgoods.com/Womens-Anthony-Miller-Inverted-Jersey/ .com) - Jenny Boucek is the new head coach of the Seattle Storm.MONTREAL -- Charles Hamelin is confident that he wont stop at just one gold medal at the world short-track speedskating championships. Three weeks after winning gold in the 1,500 metres at the Sochi Olympics, Hamelin did it again Friday as he cruised to the win in the opening event at the Maurice Richard Arena. The 1,500 used to be the weakest event for the Ste-Julie, Que., skater, but now he seems to own the distance as he easily finished ahead of Han Tianyu of China and bronze medallist Park Se Yeong of South Korea. Earlier this week, the 29-year-old Hamelin announced that he will continue to skate at least four more years until the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea. "In the 1,500 metres, every time I go on the podium now it proves that the work Ive done in the last four years has really paid off," he said. "Its proof that Im improving year after year. "Thats a big part of why I wanted to continue for four more years. You can see Im still strong. After a big event like Sochi, I was able to come back and refocus on what I need to do here. Im ready." Now he hopes to avoid the bad luck that followed his Olympic gold. In Sochi, he inexplicably fell in the heats of both the 500 and 1,000-metre events, dashing his hopes of sweeping the individual distances. He said the world championships are different because, instead of waiting a day or two between skates like at the Olympics, he will be back on the track Saturday for the 500 metres and the mens relay heats and again on Sunday for the 1,000, the 3,000, and, he hopes, the relay final. "Momentum is a big part of it and right now, its on my side," he said. "I had a great race and I know Im stronng in the 500 and 1,000 metres. Walter Payton Bears Jersey. " Hamelins goal is to win the overall title, which goes to the skater who does best cumulatively in the individual events. He has come second for that honour twice, but has never won it. He said the first rule is to avoid a disqualification in any race. The large crowd of mostly school children in the stands was worried that might happen when, halfway through the race, Hamelin nearly crashed into a South Korean. He managed to stay upright and then pass Han on the final lap to claim the win. Race officials did not call a foul. "He passed me on the outside and came back really quickly in front of me," said Hamelin. "He was one or two centimetres from hitting my blades. "It could have been a disaster for me, but I was able to control myself and not push too hard or lose too much speed. For him, the race was kind of over. It was a scary moment in the race." Hamelins biggest rival in recent years, five-time overall world champion Victor An of Russia, formerly known as Ahn Hyun-Soo of South Korea, never mounted a challenge and finished fourth. An won three golds and a bronze in Sochi. Wu Dajing of China was fifth ahead of South Koreans Lee Han-Bin and Sin Da Woon. Olivier Jean of Lachenaie, Que., and Charle Cournoyer of Boucherville, Que., were eliminated in the semifinals. South Korea swept the podium in the womens 1,500. Shim Suk Hee finished first ahead of Kim Alang and Park Seung-Hi. Valerie Maltais of La Baie, Que., was caught at the finish line by Park and settled for fourth. Marianne St-Gelais lost in the semifinals while Marie-Eve Drolet was beaten in the heats and was classified 22nd. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen