Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

v BOSTON – Aaron Sanchez is the really talented kid caught in an unnecessarily strange situation. [url=https://www.thunderrookie

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 22.10.2019 05:47
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

BOSTON – Aaron Sanchez is the really talented kid caught in an unnecessarily strange situation. Kyle Singler Jersey . Hes in the big leagues for the first time, dominating almost every time hes used out of the bullpen and, because of that, hes consistently finding himself in high-leverage, late-game situations. Hes even saved two games, a role usually reserved for Casey Janssen. This is a story of transition. Janssen, an impending free agent, has struggled in the second half of the season and likely is on his way out of Toronto. Sanchez is the organizations priority. Hes the first-round draft pick. Hes the one who throws a fastball, free and easy, in the 97-99 miles per hour range. Hes a big part of the future. Hes a big part of the present. If all goes well, one day the outgoing 22-year-old will be a commanding presence in the clubhouse. Right now, Sanchez is a respectful, quiet rookie who will pitch when hes told and say precious little. “When that phone rings and they tell me to get hot, thats what I do,” said Sanchez. On Wednesday night, a 7-4 win in Tampa Bay, Sanchez, not Janssen, closed the game. Sanchez had thrown on Tuesday night. Hed begun warming in the seventh inning, when the score was 7-2, and so he would be used based on the strategy the club is employing to maximize his innings. Sanchez can throw in back-to-back games, but not beyond, and, if he loosens up, it counts as a work day. The save situation emerged when, with Sanchez warming for a second time in the eighth, Dustin McGowan gave up a two-run home run to Evan Longoria to cut the Toronto lead to three runs. Its the save situation that complicated matters. If Sanchez wraps up a five-run win, theres no discussion. If Sanchez, not McGowan, is used in the eighth, the issue also is avoided regardless of the eventual result. Again, Sanchez will pitch when asked. “Thats my job is to go out there; however many outs that is, if its six outs, if its nine outs,” said Sanchez. “Whatever this team needs from me, Im going to go out there and work hard to do what I need to do and get the job done.” Its no secret that while theres no strict limit on Sanchezs innings, he is being closely watched. To date, Sanchez has thrown 124 innings (23 2/3 in the big leagues, 100 1/3 at two minor league stops). This is why hes in the bullpen. Entering next year, Sanchez hopes he gets a chance at cracking the starting rotation. “Going into spring training (2015), they told me I was going to be a starter,” said Sanchez. “The only reason why I got pushed to the bullpen was for a number of things: I was on an innings limit this year and this gave me a chance to pitch throughout the year. They kind of sat me down and told me, hey, if you were to get called up it would probably be out of the ‘pen because the guys weve had in the rotation have been nothing but awesome this whole year.” VALENCIA IMPRESSING By the time this season comes to an end, Brett Lawrie will have appeared in about 62 per cent of Blue Jays games since the start of the 2012 season, his first full year in the big leagues. Danny Valencia, acquired from the Kansas City Royals in late July, has been one of the players who has stepped in for Lawrie in that other 38 per cent of games. “If he turns out to be a good player for us, which hes doing and he can help us, it might open up a spot for him,” said manager John Gibbons. “It might answer a question.” What kind of question would Valencia answer? “If hes a regular on this team or not,” said Gibbons. Where would he play? “I dont know. Maybe hes the third baseman, Bretts the second baseman. Who knows?” said Gibbons. Gibbons made it clear no decision has been made on how next years infield will be configured, but the Blue Jays must address the middle infield in the offseason. Jose Reyes is penciled in at shortstop, despite having his share of defensive difficulties this season. Second base has remained a position of need for the ball club since it entered camp with Ryan Goins as the starter and demoted him to Triple-A Buffalo just one month into the season. Its difficult to imagine Valencia being an everyday player unless he vastly improves his splits. He has a career .625 OPS against right-handed pitching while posting a .875 OPS versus lefties. CHALLENGING THE CHALLENGE Manager John Gibbons threw up a prayer challenge on a fielders choice ground out in the 10th inning of Thursdays 1-0 win in Tampa Bay. The called was confirmed, Kevin Kiermaier was safe at first base and the Blue Jays didnt get the double play. However, after the challenge was concluded, Rays manager Joe Maddon emerged and engaged in a brief, but heated, conversation with home plate umpire Lance Barksdale. Maddon, apparently, was upset that Gibbons challenged the play without going all the way out to second base umpire Gary Cedarstrom. In a situation when he knows hes going to challenge, Gibbons doesnt see the need to trek any farther than a few steps from the dugout. “Ive done that a few times this year and theyve mentioned to me, hey, go out to the base,” said Gibbons. “I got close to the line, I think. If theyre going to complain all the time about the game taking too long, thats a way to speed it up.” Maddons pleas went ignored and the game with the next hitter later when Casey Janssen got Ben Zobrist to fly out to leftfield. Hamidou Diallo Thunder Jersey . Then youve got to worry about the other up and coming teams in the two weaker divisions in the "Junior Circuit". Patrick Patterson Thunder Jersey . Despite 11-1 records, theyre out and Big Ten winner Ohio State is into the national semifinals. https://www.thunderrookiesshop.com/Dennis-Schroder-City-Edition-Jersey/ . -- Byron Scott is taking over the Los Angeles Lakers with the vocal support of his fellow Showtime greats.DOHA, Qatar -- Third-seeded Andy Murray, playing in his first tournament since back surgery in late September, was upset by Florian Mayer of Germany 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 in the second round of the Qatar Open on Wednesday. Top-ranked Rafael Nadal was also taken to three sets but emerged with a 6-3, 6-7 (3), 6-3 win over Tobias Kamke of Germany, while second-seeded David Ferrer joined Murray in making an early exit after a 6-4, 7-5 loss to Daniel Brands of Germany. Murray was leading 6-3, 3-0 when the 40th-ranked Mayer started to play more aggressively, going for winners on nearly every shot. The German won 12 of the last 15 games, closing out the match with a net-cord winner to seal the win in 1 hour, 51 minutes. Murray hit 25 winners, but the reigning Wimbledon champion also had 37 unforced errors. "I didnt have extremely high expectations, because I havent obviously played a match for a long time," Murray said. "You dont know exactly how your body is going to respond." The last four times Murray playedd a tournament during the first week of the new season he captured the title: in 2008 and 09 at Doha, and 2012 and 13 at Brisbane. Devon Hall Jersey. Nadal trailed 4-1 in the second set but bounced back to level it at 4-4 before Kamke dominated the tiebreaker, taking a 5-0 lead. Nadal earned three breaks in the match -- one in each set -- and each time Kamke double-faulted on break point. "Important win," said Nadal, who next faces seventh-seeded Ernests Gulbis of Latvia. "I spent a lot of time on court, so thats important for my preparation, too." Gael Monfils upset fellow Frenchman and defending champion Richard Gasquet 6-2, 7-5 in the final match of the night. The fifth-seeded Gasquet has been dealing with a back problem this week. Two other seeded players, No. 6 Philipp Kohlschreiber and No. 8 Fernando Verdasco, were also eliminated. Kohschreiber fell to qualifier and fellow German Peter Gojowczyk 7-6 (4), 7-6 (7), while Verdasco lost to Victor Hanescu of Romania 4-6, 7-6 (0), 6-2. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen