Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

, 72 and 13 yards to give Louisville a 28-7 lead after one quarter. He had 108 yards rushing and 207 yards passing as the Card

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 20.10.2019 03:41
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

T.J. Perkins?was certainly not given the easiest road to connect with fans as a pure good guy in the WWE Cruiserweight Classic. After dispatching Da Mack in a brief but enjoyable match, Perkins had to square off with three of the most popular guys in the tournament field on his way to the finals.Each of those three curried great favor with the crowd at Full Sail University, and going up against that trio of wrestlers in particular presented unique challenges for Perkins. It wasnt perfect, as the crowd struggled at times to fully support both competitors in each round, but through the quality of his matches and the different stories Perkins managed to tell in the ring, he won the fans over by the time he squared off with Gran Metalik in the finals.That persistence is exactly the kind of thing you get from the man known as TJP -- nose to the grindstone and pushing toward his goals, no matter the obstacle. With that mentality, it has been easier for Perkins than it is for most to not get overwhelmed by a big moment such as?winning the inaugural CWC,?and that should serve him well as he appears on Monday Night Raw on a weekly basis.I try to stay in the moment, Perkins said in an interview shortly after his CWC win. At the Cruiserweight Classic finale, I said ... I dont know if people had looked it up, or if they had heard it before, but it was an old Zen proverb. Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, you chop wood, carry water.It can be interpreted a lot of ways, but for the most part its about staying in the moment.The Zen mindset that helped Perkins survive homelessness and motivate himself despite great obstacles would have served his fans well the past couple weeks. Despite his victory in the CWC and owning the new WWE cruiserweight championship, Perkins didnt appear on Raw as the cruiserweight division debuted last week. He appeared on the pre-show, along with a backstage, web-only video with new No. 1 contender Brian Kendrick, but we had to wait an additional six days to see his main roster debut at the Clash of Champions pay-per-view.That wait paid off, as Perkins showed off a brand new 8-bit video game-inspired entrance theme and video presentation prior to his match Sunday. That helped drive home how big of a deal his debut really was.Perkins was still very much in the moment, and his one-day-at-a-time demeanor helped him showcase, along with Kendrick, why the cruiserweights are able to have matches that dont feel out of place on a pay-per-view -- by taking each opportunity as it comes and doing the most with it.Things will come and go, and your life will go on, but you dont want to get too ahead of yourself, Perkins said. I used that as a way to view each round of the Cruiserweight Classic so I didnt get ahead of myself and stayed in the moment. I see it the same way, in terms of the opportunity to go to Monday Night Raw. Ill take each moment as it comes, and Ill wait for the bridge before I have to cross it.Thats not to say Perkins is taking this chance for granted, though.Its really exciting to be able to represent the cruiserweights and go to Monday Night Raw. I grew up watching Monday Night Raw, and its really a big dream of mine to perform on that stage, Perkins said. The talent there is so incredible. Im in good company, and Im excited for it.WWE is happy to point to Perkins experience, with 18 years in the ring and countless big matches. But when determining value within the company and with the fans, it comes down to the same baseline (with certain and expanding exceptions in the modern era): If it didnt happen here, it didnt happen, as Jerry The King Lawler so eloquently put it during Sunday nights broadcast.Thats part of why the CWC was such a big deal for Perkins and the other 31 competitors.I think this is the biggest spectacle weve ever had, in regards to representing cruiserweights, Perkins said. I was so thrilled with how everything came about and to be part of it.Despite it being the first tournament of its kind in WWE history, bringing in 32 talents who werent (to that point) under contract to square off on WWE airwaves, the tournament format is nothing new to wrestling or the WWE. There have been dozens of tournaments to determine champions and contenders over the years, to say nothing of the spectacle that was King of the Ring.In the modern era, tournaments of note have largely migrated to independent wrestling organizations, which is part of the reason the CWC was significant. Hardcore wrestling fans will know about events such as Pro Wrestling Guerillas Battle of Los Angeles, and New Japan Pro Wrestling has large chunks of its calendar set aside for a number of tournaments of note.Its insane because so much of what I do has been based off of my heroes and guys that I watched come up, and most of them started as cruiserweights, Perkins said. When they were doing similar things to this, thats what kind of inspired me to do [what I do].I grew up watching Super J-Cup tournaments and things like that, and those were pretty cool, he continued, referencing one of NJPWs most prominent, if infrequent, events. They had a mystique about them, but they were few and far between. That added to their mystique.The CWC had a lot of history come before it, but the unique circumstances in which it was set up and the rarity of tournaments in WWE prior to the launch added a level of curiosity and value to the competition and to the wrestlers who will make up Raws new cruiserweight division.En route to his victory, Perkins experienced positivity that balanced the occasional struggle to connect with the fans as a good guy. In his second-round match with Johnny Gargano and in his third-round match with Rich Swann, Perkins was across the ring from guys who were not only his friends but also guys he had faced numerous times before.Youre in there with guys youre friends with, and theres a certain camaraderie about being able to be in the ring in front of so many people, Perkins said. Sometimes, youre literally saying to the other guy, Do you remember in that beer hall not that long ago? This is pretty ridiculous, to be on a different stage.There is a certain drawback to that familiarity, however, and thats the possibility of complacency and repeating what they have done in the past. Perkins, Gargano and Swann, in particular, seemed up for the task.Youd think itd be kind of tough because you know each other so well, and some of the old tricks dont apply when thats the case, Perkins said. I think it makes the chess game of performing more interesting because now you have different things at your disposal [with this kind of setting] that you wouldnt otherwise be using, and so, as a performer, you look forward to those types of things.Wrestling fans might not always consider how much work goes into a match such as that, whether the opponent is familiar or a new challenge. For Perkins, there isnt much time to linger on a match, no matter how much positive reaction might come of it. To continue to perform at that level requires work that goes far beyond staying in peak physical condition and perfecting a move set.Yeah, Im a nerd, man, Perkins said. Im such a workaholic and really an intense student of all this, so even now, at this stage, I relentlessly try to watch footage and replay things. I still bring my notebook everywhere, and I fill it with what probably looks like nonsense if you were to read it back. Im constantly watching and reviewing stuff.Being a student of the game makes you acutely aware of a big moment when you see it. When you find yourself inside that kind of big moment, as Perkins did just before the start of the CWC final, it brings to the surface a number of thoughts and feelings.That was beyond words how crazy that was, Perkins said of?Triple Hs reveal of the new cruiserweight championship. You could kind of tell, I dont know how the sound translated on the broadcast, but the building was literally shaking, and people were going nuts. Ive never seen people go so nuts for a little bit of hardware, but its a pretty prestigious thing.The final match between Perkins and Metalik had a buzz and energy to it from the very beginning, thanks in part to that introduction, but also because of the 30 matches that culminated in that moment and the meaning they had to competitors and fans alike.From the moment the bell rang at the end, all I could think about was everything I went through to get there, Perkins said. About collecting coins in the parking lot when I was homeless, being evicted, you know, all these different things, and I think it was at that moment with Triple H and Mr. Regal that it [felt real].Perkins found himself, in a rare moment, getting caught up in everything that came to his mind.Then I started thinking about all my heroes, and I just had flashbacks to when they finally got their moment, he said. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 12, Eddie Guerrero over Brock Lesnar when he won the title. I think about what I saw in them -- I was enamored with their emotion and how they must have felt. I sort of was beside myself a little bit while I was reviewing those in my head and thinking, Wow, somebodys watching me like that right now. A lot of people were.Rather than becoming overwhelmed by what he had achieved or settling for this as a career highlight, Perkins thought equally about his past and his memories. He knew what kind of effect watching events such as the CWC had on him while he was growing up, and its equally interesting to considering what effect this tournament could have on the next generation.Theres probably some kid out there thats going to come to the Performance Center someday, Perkins said. Or enroll in some wrestling training and get started on the regional level, and theyre going to look at this [tournament] and say, Thats why I wanted to do it. Its really incredibly humbling to be honest.Despite the flashiness of his new entrance or the swagger often on display in the ring, its hard to not notice how appreciative Perkins is of this opportunity -- both when watching him on screen and when talking to him away from the bright lights. That is made clear in the way he carries himself.Someone had said to me before I was going out for the finals, they said, You dont look nervous at all. And I dont get nervous over things, Perkins said. The thing is, being homeless makes you nervous. Struggling like that, that hardship, that makes you nervous because you dont know if youre going to get over that. This? This is not hard. This is fun. Im in heaven now.Perkins hasnt had to worry about homelessness in a while, thanks to his work before he joined the WWE full time, and especially since that point. His ability to put the pressures and stresses of performing every week for millions of people into perspective by considering his past and the alternative of where things were and where they could have gone has served him well. It has also helped him to stay the same person who became such an appealing target for WWE to sign, the same person who has been pegged to anchor the new WWE cruiserweight division.At the end of the day, I come home and watch Netflix like everybody else, he said. Ill be a little bit more busy, but in a good way. Its a dream job, but its not going to be much of a change [to how I work]. Im just happy to be along for the ride. Nick Young Warriors Jersey . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. Alec Burks Jersey . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. https://www.warriorsrookiesshop.com/Eric-Paschall-City-Edition-Jersey/ . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. Golden State Warriors Jerseys . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. Alfonzo McKinnie Warriors Jersey . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- After falling behind early, Syracuse was trying to rally in the third quarter against No. 13 Louisville, and the Carrier Dome crowd was alive as the Cardinals faced a third-and-18.Lamar Jackson then did what he does best.The Cardinals elusive sophomore quarterback ripped off a 33-yard run to again stun the Orange on a night of big plays. Louisville didnt extend its lead, but in the end it didnt matter.Jackson ran for four touchdowns and threw for another, and the Cardinals routed Syracuse 62-28 on Friday night in the ACC opener for both teams. Jackson tallied 610 total yards, the most by a player in a game in ACC history.?He had a great game, Louisville coach Bobby Petrino said. What I was most pleased with was how well he prepared for the game. He worked extremely hard all week. He did a great job executing. He threw the ball around and ran real well. He did a great job of everything we asked him to do.Jackson, the national offensive player of the week for his performance in the opener against Charlotte, a 70-14 victory, picked up right where he left off. He hit a wide-open James Quick for a 72-yard score on the games first play from scrimmage to put the Orange defense on its heels.The elusive Jackson followed with a dazzling 72-yard touchdown run, and he also hit Jaylen Smith for 61 yards and Jamari Staples for 55 in the opening spree.Im not sure anybody could catch him, Syracuse coach Dino Babers said. You get mad because they couldnt catch the guy. Hes the fastest guy on the football field. He got into space. I saw him outrun contain with three guys who were exactly where they were supposed to be. He should have got tackled for a 2-yard loss, and he runs all the way to the other sideline and steps out of bounds.Jackson, who was rarely pressured by a Syracuse defense that was content to lay back, also scored on runs of seven, 72 and 13 yards to give Louisville a 28-7 lead after one quarter. He had 108 yards rushing and 207 yards passing as the Cardinals (2-0) outgained the Orange 352-98 in the period, then tacked on a 9-yard scoring run in the second for a 35-7 lead. That was one for the highlight reels, with Jackson displaying hurdler-like ability with a leap over a Syracuse defender at the goal line.I had to take flight, score and get into the end zone, Jackson said. I think I did something like that in high school. I feel like I can score [on any play]. I feel I can get my team in the end zone on anyy play.ddddddddddddJackson finished with 199 yards rushing on 21 carries and was 20-for-39 passing for 411 yards with one interception as the Cardinals set a school record and came within 13 yards of the ACC record with 845 yards offensively. It was the most ever allowed by Syracuse, eclipsing the mark of 654 by West Virginia in 1993.Eric Dungey was 25-for-51 for 255 yards passing and scored on a 1-yard run late in the third quarter for the Orange.Syracuse (1-1) tried to claw its way back with a pair of scores late in the second, both by wideout Amba Etta-Tawo in the final three minutes of the period.In the opener against Charlotte, Jackson accounted for eight touchdowns and 405 yards in the first half, then sat the second. No breather on this hot night inside the Carrier Dome.The Cardinals moved up six spots in the AP poll after their lopsided victory over Charlotte. Jackson accounted for a stunning 405 yards and eight touchdowns, six passing in the first half of that game. Another jump is on the way next week.THE TAKEAWAYLOUISVILLE: The Cardinals proved the opening week was no fluke. Theyre for real, and as long as Jackson stays healthy, the Atlantic Division promises to be more interesting. Jacksons only concern on offense might be his receivers, who had six drops in the first half and more in the second.STAT LINE: Louisville averaged 10.4 yards per play.HE SAID IT: I did good, I guess, but I still have some improvement. I threw a lot of bad balls. Lot of bad reads, but I think I did alright. -- Lamar JacksonSYRACUSE: The defense wasnt tested in the opener against FCS Colgate. After facing Louisville, the Orange have a lot of work ahead on both sides of the ball, but they showed some grit by not caving under the early barrage. The up-tempo offense of Babers gained 426 yards and ran 93 plays, and the Orange have found a go-to guy in Etta-Tawo, who has 19 catches for 314 yards in two games. The Orange also could use some semblance of a run game after gaining just 104 yards on 39 carries, its second straight subpar performance.UP NEXTLOUISVILLE: The Cardinals get their first true test of the young season when they host No. 3 Florida State on Sept. 17.SYRACUSE: The Orange host South Florida on Sept. 17, their third straight home game.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.? ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen