Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

mer. Coaches say Russell is stronger and gained confidence and assertiveness.We need to get Mercedes the ball more, coach Hol

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 16.10.2019 15:41
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. Wholesale Marlins Jerseys . -- Tennessees Mercedes Russell wants to build on the momentum she established in the NCAA Tournament and meet the considerable expectations that surrounded the 6-foot-6 junior since her arrival on campus.Russell averaged a double-double in the tournament and had a 25-point, 15-rebound performance in a regional semifinal victory over Ohio State. She delivered the production many Lady Volunteers fans anticipated from Russell when multiple recruiting services rated her the nations No. 1 overall prospect in the class of 2013.It definitely helped my confidence, I would say, in a lot of ways, said Russell, of Springfield, Oregon.Her development is critical as the Lady Vols deal with a lack of frontcourt depth following the graduation of Bashaara Graves, one of only five players in school history to combine 1,000 career rebounds and 1,500 points.Overall depth is a concern for Tennessee, which opens the season Nov. 11 at James Madison. Tennessees roster includes 11 players, but only nine of them are available this season because of injuries to sophomore guard Tea Cooper and junior forward Cheridene Green.But the lack of proven performers is particularly evident in the frontcourt.I definitely have a lot of responsibility just because Im the only returning post, Russell said. As an upperclassman, I know I have to step up and help the other posts. I know the responsibility I have in the frontcourt is huge.Tennessees coaches have made that clear.Assistant coach Dean Lockwood says the staff hasnt set particular numbers for Russell to target but adds that she needs to be a pretty consistent double-double performer. Coaches say Russell is stronger and gained confidence and assertiveness.We need to get Mercedes the ball more, coach Holly Warlick said. Thats difficult when people are keying in on her, running a zone and packing it in on her. Thats hard because Mercedes shoots a great percentage, so weve got to find ways to try to get her the ball a little bit more, and she has to work a little harder (to get the ball). I think shes doing that right now. Its a compliment to her, but it also forces her to take her game to another level.Russell has been accustomed to dealing with high expectations. She was Tennessees highest-ranked recruit since Candace Parker signed with the Lady Vols in 2004.Injuries and inconsistency have made it tough for Russell to live up to that ranking, although she has been productive.Russell spent her entire freshman season dealing with foot problems that limited her effectiveness. She eventually underwent surgeries on both of her feet and sat out the entire 2014-15 season to recover.Last year was really truly Mercedes freshman year, Warlick said. Her (actual) freshman year, her feet were bad. She couldnt even run up and down the floor.She returned to action last season and averaged 9.9 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks, although her real breakthrough came in the postseason. She had 13 points and 10.3 rebounds per game and shot 68.6 percent from the floor in the NCAA Tournament.Russells emergence helped Tennessee make a surprising run to a regional final as a No. 7 seed during a season in which the Lady Vols went 22-14 and set a school record for losses. The Lady Vols need her to make even more strides as they chase their first Final Four appearance since their 2008 championship season.Her being a high school player of the year, people say, `Oh gosh, we expect to see Breanna Stewart or Tina Charles, Lockwood said. She hasnt been that yet, but at the same time, shes been very consistent. Last year she was very consistent for us in terms of productivity, field-goal percentage and rebounding.We want more -- and I think she knows shes capable of more. Miami Marlins Shirts .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Marlins Jerseys China . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/ . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick.Piers Morgan just couldnt resist having another dig at Team GB.The television presenter attracted criticism earlier this week for comments that Olympic medals other than gold dont matter.In a column for the?Daily Mail, Morgan hit out at the British public for its reaction to Tom Daley and Dan Goodfellows success in the mens sychronised 10m platform diving.He wrote that my home country reacted like hed [Daley] just landed on the Moon when he and his partner won a bronze.The ex-tabloid editor pointed to Michael Phelps -- who won his 22nd Olympic gold medal on Thursday night in Rio -- saying that coming second doesnt coount. Fake Marlins Jerseys. organ continued to ruffle feathers after belittling Max Whitlocks achievement of claiming bronze in the mens all-round gymnastics final -- the first time a Briton has reached the podium in the event for more than a century.Whitlocks fellow British bronze medallists Sally Conway and Steven Scott then had their say on Morgans comments.But Morgan duly hit back again.And, possibly to no ones surprise, he later commented on Britains mens sevens team winning silver on Thursday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen