Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

want to have another look at the wicket today and determine which way we want to go from there, captain Steven Smith said on We

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 16.10.2019 15:41
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Australia have left open the possibility of playing four fast men and leaving out offspinner Nathan Lyon at the Gabba, choosing not to name their XI on the eve of the match. Connor Williams Cowboys Jersey .South Australia swing bowler Chadd Sayers would be in line for a Test debut if the selectors went down that path, and he has recent pink-ball form on his side, having claimed eight wickets in his most recent Shield game against New South Wales in Adelaide.We want to have another look at the wicket today and determine which way we want to go from there, captain Steven Smith said on Wednesday. Asked if that meant four fast bowlers could be included, Smith replied: Its possible, yes.On Tuesday, Lyon had said he was confident of being part of the XI at the Gabba, which is second only to Adelaide Oval on his list of most productive Test venues.Ill tell you one thing, this is my sixth [Gabba] Test and every year you guys seem to write that, Lyon said on Tuesday. So Ill leave you guys to write that, that theres going to be four quicks and stuff. Im confident of playing, Ill put it that way.Not only has Lyon been successful at the Gabba, he has also had plenty of bowling to do, averaging nearly 19 overs per innings there in his five Tests at the venue. The Gabba was also the ground at which Shane Warne took more Test wickets than any other.But Smith said the preponderance of right-handers in Pakistans line-up - opener Sami Aslam is the only left-hander in their top seven - could also play a part in Australias selection decision.I need to have another look at the wicket to determine how much grass there is on the wicket, Smith said. Its obviously a different opposition, Pakistan have a lot of right-hand batters, which might come into the equation. But well wait and see.However, one thing that does not appear to be on the cards is the inclusion of Sayers in place of Jackson Bird. Bird picked up three wickets against South Africa at Adelaide Oval and looks set to retain his spot for another pink-ball Test.I daresay Jackson will probably play, Smith said. He played the last game and played pretty well, so I daresay hell be in.Gabba curator Kevin Mitchell jnr said on Wednesday that he would be cutting the grass down to a height of two millimetres for this Test, well down on the six millimetres left on for the Adelaide Test but a standard height for the Gabba. He did not expect the pitch to perform especially differently to a day Gabba Test.Im expecting there will be some life in it early but in saying that its out under the elements till one oclock so maybe not as lively, maybe it will dry out a touch more before the start of play, Mitchell said. But it wont behave too much differently to our normal Test deck. Daryl Johnston Cowboys Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Deion Sanders Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. https://www.cowboyssportsgoods.com/Women...nverted-Jersey/ . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th.RIO DE JANEIRO -- There were first-tee jitters, for sure. This was something new, something distinctive, and even at 7:30 a.m. local time, Graham DeLaet felt a unique vibe as he plunged his tee into the ground on the first tee of the Olympic Golf Course.Golf returned to the Olympic Games for the first time since 1904, and DeLaet was in the opening group on purpose. Canadian George Lyon won the individual Olympic gold in St. Louis 112 years ago, the last time golf made an appearance in the games, and it wasnt lost on the organizers that DaLaet is from that part of the world.I was a little bit nervous actually, said DeLaet, 34, who opened the Olympic tournament with a 5-under-par 66 and is tied for second with Henrik Stenson but trails Australian leader Marcus Fraser by 3 strokes. We do this for a living week in and week out, but there was something different about that first tee shot today. It was a different announcement for us, and it was just a really cool feeling.I was playing with a Brazilian (Adilson da Silva), and that was neat. We had a lot of people out, especially for 7:30 in the morning, more than I anticipated. It was a lot of fun. We said as we were walking off the first tee, this is pretty cool, first time in over a hundred years, and were kind of the lead group. It was nice.If DeLaet was experiencing any trepidation, he didnt show it -- although later he did hint at it. And it has far more to do with what hes been battling around the greens than any nervousness associated with playing in the Olympics.On the eve of the Memorial Tournament in June, DeLaet took the unusual step of going to Twitter to announce he was withdrawing.Im dealing with incredible anxiety while chipping/pitching right now, he wrote. Its not fun. I needed to WD to get it sorted and get back ASAP.Yikes. Any golfer knows the fear associated with the dreaded yips, whether it be putting, chipping or with the full swing. We saw it painfully play oout with Ernie Els on the first green at the Masters. Tony Dorsett Jersey. None other than the great Ben Hogan dealt with putting problems. Same with Bernhard Langer. Earlier last year, it was believed that Tiger Woods was battling those demons as he inexplicably couldnt hit a chip shot.Whether that was actually the diagnosis for DeLaet is unclear, but he undoubtedly had issues chipping the ball from around the green. After withdrawing from the Memorial, he has played just three tournaments, two of them opposite-field events and the last the Canadian Open three weeks ago, where he had more chipping problems and missed the cut.A little bit of a break for my brain and just try to regroup, DeLaet said of his self-imposed break. Everything is feeling better and better all the time. I know that when I finally get through the whole thing, its just going to be a little blip on my radar when I look back on my career and thats how I look going forward.Understandably DeLaet doesnt go into a lot of specifics. It is a difficult subject, and one that he has yet to conquer. For those who have endured such troubles, the thought always looms that a poor chip shot -- an embarrassing one even -- could occur the next time a ball does not find a green.For this day at least, DeLaet performed quite well. His name is near the top of the leaderboard after one round of the Olympic tournament. And a little perspective never

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen