Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

as greeted by those outside Tuscaloosa -- and some inside the city limits -- with eye rolls and bingo calls of Drink! Such attit

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 05.09.2019 07:22
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

What do you need to know about last nights big stories? Pierre LeBrun gives us his take on the biggest and best.Stars struck: Could this be a turning point for the Dallas Stars? The gutsy decision by coach Lindy Ruff to scratch top defenseman John Klingberg on Monday after the Swedish star was late for a team meeting seemed to send a message through the entire Stars lineup. They looked energized and on a mission in a 3-2 OT win against the visiting Minnesota Wild on Monday night, captain Jamie Benn wiring one top shelf for the winner, their first OT win this season. The Stars have been hit hard by injuries since Day 1 of camp but that doesnt excuse the poor play by healthy players, and Klingberg is among those who needs to be better. I suspect he will be, after he gets back in the lineup. But the message from Ruff was crystal clear: enough already. This is a team thats better than this. We might look back later in the season and point to Nov. 21 being a moment to remember for the Stars.Rangers rally: Talk about a statement game by the New York Rangers on Monday night. The Blueshirts fell behind 2-0 on a pair of goals from Pittsburgh Penguins rookie call-up Jake Guentzel (loved his familys reaction to Jakes first goal on his first NHL shot). But, in their second game in two nights, the Rangers stormed back with three second-period goals en route to a 5-2 win in front of backup goalie Antti Raanta, with New York playing on back-to-back nights. The guy at the heart of it all was captain Ryan McDonagh, who was an absolute beast at both ends, his presence hovering during the entire game. He had two assists and was plus-5. You know, I didnt think McDonagh had the best of seasons last year, but just like his team this season, he has come back and played some of the best hockey of his career. Be excited if youre a Rangers fan. The Rangers and Penguins meet again Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.Crease conundrum for Calgary: Safe to bet well see Chad Johnson in goal for the Calgary Flames when they face the Columbus Blue Jackets in Columbus on Wednesday. Playing on back-to-back nights, I dont blame Flames head coach Glen Gulutzan for starting Brian Elliott in Buffalo on Monday night,?but the 4-2 loss wont help the former St. Louis Blues No. 1 find his way back into the good graces of his bench boss. The Flames, one of the leagues bigger disappointments, found a bit of mojo with Johnson in net last week, including Sundays win against the Detroit Red Wings. So, Id be shocked if Gulutzan didnt go back to Johnson as the Flames try to navigate their way through this six-game road trip and not find themselves in too deep a hole when they return home. Trading for Elliott in June was one of my favorite moves because I thought it was just what Calgary needed. Who knows, the season is still young for Elliott. But hes got three wins in 12 starts this season -- thats the bottom line. Makes you wonder if Calgary shouldnt have given in to Ben Bishops contract demands on an extension and instead made that trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning?at the draft. Easy to play armchair quarterback now, but it does make you think. Deandre Baker Giants Jersey .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. Odell Beckham Jr Youth Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. http://www.giantsonlineteamshop.com/odell-beckham-jr-jersey-cheap.html . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. Eli Manning Jersey . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. Daniel Jones Cheap Jersey . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. This story appears in ESPN The Magazines Dec. 26 / Jan. 2 Issue. Subscribe today!AN HOUR BEFORE the sidelines at the SEC championship game are lined with Southern football dignitaries. All available previous MVPs of SEC title games are here, along with current coaches of teams that didnt make the game and a pair of television news desks, one from ESPN, the other from CBS.Retiring play-by-play man Verne Lundquist greets a receiving line of well-wishers at the CBS desk, all while sidestepping Alabamas warm-up drills. The defending national champ is preparing for a game it will win 54-16 over Florida to remain undefeated and formalize its invitation to the College Football Playoff.These dudes are so big its a little scary, says former Gators QB Danny Wuerffel, extending his hand after waiting in line.No, Uncle Verne replies. Whats scary is that most of them are still teenagers.Anyone who bought the 2016 college football preview magazines last summer will remember the questions. How will Alabama replace Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry? How will the Crimson Tide account for losing quarterback Jake Coker, a 23-year-old transfer from Florida State with five years experience? How will they replace 11 starters? (Those questions were posed in ESPN The Magazines preview by the same scribe you are reading right now.)Alabama entered the season with the SECs least experienced roster. Ohio State did the same in the Big Ten. Ditto for Clemson: bottom of the ACC. But it was actually much starker than that. Phil Steele, the king of preseason mags, uses a five-part formula to determine experience, and he ranked the Tide roster 116th out of 128 FBS teams. Clemson was ranked 101st. Ohio State was dead last at 128th.So if youre scoring at home -- and recruits are -- then three of this years best four teams were also among its youngest, somehow surviving one of the most unpredictable regular seasons in recent memory. The holdout is Washington. The Pac-12 champ ranked fourth in its conference and 43rd overall in experience, with only four returning senior starters but a whopping 80 percent of the roster having already played enough to earn a varsity letter.It really does go against what I guess youd call conventional coaching wisdom, says Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, who returned two senior starters from his 2015 team that went 12-1 and finished the year ranked fourth in the AP poll. This year the team is 11-1 and will play Clemson in the CFP semifinals. But I would also say, OK, who are those two seniors and who are your juniors? I like those juniors I have in the middle of my defense. And I really like that junior I have under center leading my offense in J.T. Barrett.They say the same at Clemson about their quarterback, Deshaun Watson. Along with his fellow juniors -- running back Wayne Gallman and wide receiver Mike Williams -- hes had to carry a roster heavy on underclassmen to a much higher degree of difficulty than a year ago, when Clemson pushed Alabama in the title game.I know its a cliché to talk about having another coach out on the field, but thats what Deshaun is, says Clemsons actual coach, Dabo Swinney. In the end, we can only run so many drills, watch so much film and install so many plays. When those young guys are out there and its time to actually run those plays, then its Deshaun who is looking them in the eyes. Freshmen or not, they are going to do what they have to do to not let him down.That pressure of not wanting to become the weak link in the chain is indeed a great motivator. A kid who spent the past few seasons watching Watson lead Clemson to a stack of prime-time wins doesnt want to be the one who causes that pipeline to rupture.And that brings us back to Alabama.My single biggest fear every day was that I did not want to be the guy who caused the winning to stop, Henry says. Standing along that same Georgia Dome sideline watching his former Tide teammates, he is straight-faced serious. He recalls his freshman year in 2013, joining the team as it came off consecutive BCS national championships and its third in four years. One year removed from high school, he carried the football just 36 times. Upperclassmen incessantly reminded him of his responsibilities.So did his phone. It was blowing up all the time with texts and calls from former Alabama players, Henry says.dddddddddddd You better listen to the coaches, you better keep this going, you better stick with the Process. I didnt even know these guys. But now I do the same thing. Ill be doing it here tonight.Ah yes, the Process. When Nick Saban used to drop his trademark mantra, it was greeted by those outside Tuscaloosa -- and some inside the city limits -- with eye rolls and bingo calls of Drink! Such attitudes have since vanished, pounded into the ground by the win-loss record that has also buried Bamas SEC rivals. In the early days, when hed visit the living rooms of recruits, Saban would preach the programs relentless attention to every detail as a way to shed light on his grandiose plans. But now that those plans have come to historic fruition, that speech has changed. Either youre on board with the Process or you arent. Not on board? Enjoy your time playing elsewhere. If you are, well need your ring size.There is a way we do things at Alabama and they arent easy, but we arent looking for players who are looking for easy, Saban explained in February on national signing day after inking a class ranked second best in the nation by ESPN.com. I think what weve been able to accomplish here makes it easy for kids to identify what we are about. If they think they can fit into that, and we think they can fit into that, then I think the potential benefits are fairly evident.Thats code for Why yes, at Alabama we love five-star athletes. But only the ones who can hack it.The crown jewel in that 2016 recruiting class was a quarterback from the Houston area named Jalen Hurts, the son of a high school football coach. Hurts size and strength were off the charts, as were his football IQ and his academic record. Per Sabans freshman policies, the 18-year-old doesnt talk to reporters. An early enrollee, he already played the role of Watson as his new team practiced to play Clemson in the title game last January. Now he has a chance to lead his team to a victory in this years version of that same game and become the first true freshman QB to win a national title since Oklahomas Jamelle Holieway in 1985.People say, Well, how can you win with a freshman quarterback? says Alabama radio color commentator Phil Savage, a former NFL general manager who deals with college footballs best players annually as executive director of the Senior Bowl. But they arent doing it with just any old freshman quarterback. Jalen Hurts is special. He fits. And Alabama is fortunate enough to be in a position where they dont just sign five-star recruits. They sign the ones that fit.That fortunate position Bamas in is the top, where the view is nice and the shopping list nicer. Over the past four years, Bama has inked classes ranked first, first, first and second. Ohio State has never dropped below seventh, while Clemson has spent the past two years in the top eight. Only heavyweights like them can afford not to play the waiting game with their prospects. Because while beggars cant be choosers, choosers rarely have to be beggars.Sure, college coaches will tell you that todays high school recruits arrive more football-ready than ever before, thanks to prep programs that have become more aggressive with both their playbooks and their training programs. But experience still matters for nearly all the rest of college football. Washington, which has hovered from 19th to 45th in recruiting, needs its players to stick around. Colorado went worst to first in the Pac-12 South with its experience-heavy roster (ninth in the nation), and Michigan State did the complete opposite in the Big Ten as it hit the bottom of its cycle as an annual fifth-year-player factory. According to Steele, the Spartans were ranked 117th in the nation in experience and 13th in the Big Ten. They finished 3-9.The goal is to create an environment of winning, Saban explains in what sounds like total coachspeak but is in fact, well, fact. Seniors and alums expect a certain level of success, and in turn, they teach the kids who have just arrived to expect that level of success. Only a certain type of young man can handle that. And if you can handle that, then it doesnt matter how old you are.But it does matter where you play. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen