Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

r missing the game with a strained lower abdomen. "Hopefully, we can get out of way this quick and try to be 100 per cent Friday

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 31.08.2019 03:23
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

NAPA, Calif. -- Scott Piercy began the new PGA Tour season by pouring in putts and setting the course record at Silverado, a 10-under 62 for a two-shot lead Thursday in the Safeway Open.Conditions were practically perfect in the morning, and Piercy took advantage. He made 12 birdies, only three of them from inside 10 feet, and he even missed a pair of birdie chances from inside 8 feet.He wasnt alone in attacking Silverado.Paul Casey, coming off a pair of runner-up finishes in the FedEx Cup playoffs that signaled a return to form, birdied his last three holes for a 64. Patton Kizzire also shot a 64.Jon Rahm of Spain, who earned his PGA Tour card from sponsor exemptions last season after wrapping up his college career at Arizona State, began his PGA Tour career as a member in fine fashion. He made a hole-in-one -- the first one of his life -- on his second hole, the par-3 11th. His 7-iron from 173 yards flew straight into the cup.Phil Mickelson, playing a domestic PGA Tour event in the fall for the first time in a decade, overcame a bogey-bogey start to post a 69, along with playing partner and defending champion Emiliano Grillo. Bill Haas was added to that group when Tiger Woods withdrew and showed no vulnerability in his game by posting a 66, the best score of the afternoon.LPGA KEB HANABANK CHAMPIONSHIPINCHEON, South Korea -- Se Ri Pak ended her Hall of Fame career in tears in front of her adoring home fans in the LPGA KEB HanaBank Championship.Overcome at the end of the sunny afternoon at Sky 72, Pak cried nearly throughout a retirement ceremony on the 18th hole. The Little Angels childrens choir sang, players wore SE RI hats and farewell messages were played in a video montage.It mattered little to the fans and players, many of them drawn to golf by Pak, that she shot an 8-over 80 and was tied for last -- 15 strokes behind leader Alison Lee -- before withdrawing.Hampered by left shoulder problems, the 39-year-old Pak said in March that this season would be her last and she stepped away as planned after the first round of the tours lone South Korean event.Pak won 25 LPGA Tour titles -- the last in 2010 -- and five majors, two of them during a rookie season in 1998 that gave womens golf its biggest boost since Nancy Lopez. She was the youngest player to be inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame when she was enshrined in 2007 at age 30.Playing alongside defending champion Lexi Thompson and Chinese star Shanshan Feng in the final group, Pak bogeyed the first hole and four of the first six. She bogeyed the first five holes on the back nine, birdied the par-4 15th and closed with three straight pars.Lee shot a 65 to take a three-stroke lead. The 21-year-old American birdied the final two holes and four of the last six on the Jack Nicklaus-designed Ocean Course.BRITISH MASTERSWATFORD, England -- Lee Westwood returned to form with a 4-under 67 in the first round at the British Masters, leaving the Englishman a shot out of the lead.Westwood failed to win any of his three matches in Europes loss to the United States in the Ryder Cup and missed the cut last week in the Dunhill Links Championship.Westwood birdied five of his first eight holes at The Grove.Finlands Mikko Ilonen, Scotlands Marc Warren, Englands Tommy Fleetwood and South Africas Richard Sterne shared the lead at 66.MACAU OPENMACAU -- Ian Poulter shot a 7-under 64 in his return from a four-month layoff because of a foot ailment for a share of the Macau Open lead.The Englishman didnt play competitively for 14 weeks because of an arthritic joint in his right foot that made it difficult to walk and now requires him to wear a special insole.Spains Carlos Pigem also shot 64. Thailands Chapchai Nirat opened with a 65. Lionel Messi Jersey . PAUL, Minn. Marcos Rojo Argentina Jersey .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. http://www.argentinasoccerauthentic.com/Mariano-Andujar-Copa-America-Jersey/ . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Carlos Tevez Jersey . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. Lucas Biglia Argentina Jersey . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1.DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers are rolling, reaching 16 games over .500 for the first time this year, and yet they couldnt truly celebrate their 11-1 rout of the Washington Nationals on Wednesday. Miguel Cabrera was out of the lineup, and Jhonny Peralta was possibly in it for the last time for a long time. Alex Avila and Torii Hunter hit homers in a five-run second inning and Detroit scored five more runs in the fourth inning, getting a relatively strong outing from Justin Verlander after his shaky start. The AL Central-leading Tigers took the two-game series, have won five straight and nine of 10. Detroits superstar, though, is ailing again and its All-Star shortstop faces a possible suspension. "I feel better," Cabrera said after missing the game with a strained lower abdomen. "Hopefully, we can get out of way this quick and try to be 100 per cent Friday." After a day off Thursday, the Tigers open a series against the Chicago White Sox and might not have Peralta in the lineup. He doubled in a game that might be his last until late September because hes among the players linked to the Biogenesis case. Peralta said he shouldnt be on the dubious list. "Its wrong," he said. "But whatever happens, I need to fight and try to move on." Before and after the game, Peralta insisted he did not know whether Major League Baseball planned to suspend him. "I dont feel nervous," he said. "But yeah, I worry a little bit because I want to play every day here, and I love to be here in Detroit." If Peralta is suspended 50 games for first offence under baseballs drug program, he would lose $1,639,344 of his $6 million salary. Barring rescheduled games, he would not be eligible to play until Sept. 24, leaving him with just five games of the regular season. He would be eligible Sept. 14 for an injury rehab assignment -- if any of Detroits minor league teams remain in their playoffs. Peralta is batting .307 with 10 homers, 53 RBIs and a team-high 29 RBIs in 101 of the teams 106 games. "Hes very important to this team," Verlander said. "Hes obviously had an All-Star-caliber season, and hes gone out there and played just about every game at shortstop. "You lose a guy like that, thats tough. But I cant comment on how it would go to lose him because I dont know what the possibilities are." Tigers ggeneral manager Dave Dombrowski said the team protected itself against a possible suspension by acquiring slick-fielding infielder Jose Iglesias from Boston in a three-team trade Tuesday night.dddddddddddd "If it were a 15-day thing, like a typical injury, I think we could have comfortably dealt with it with the players we already have," Dombrowski said. "But when you start to talk about 50 days and a possible playoff run, we feel better going ahead with Jose." Verlander (11-8) shook off a rough start by giving up only one run, four hits and a season-high matching five walks while striking out six over six innings. "My stuff was pretty good, but I was obviously erratic," he said. Gio Gonzalez (7-4) gave up 10 runs -- one short of his career high -- and 11 hits -- the most of his career -- over 3 1-3 innings. He entered the game with 4-0 record and a 2.06 ERA in his 10 starts, in which he allowed three or fewer runs, since his last loss on May 27. "In three months, youre going to run into a hiccup," Gonzalez said. "It just happened to be against a good team." Nationals manager Davey Johnson said Bryce Harper didnt finish the game because of a hip spasm. "I think hes going to be all right," Johnson said. Harper, though, was fuming about the fortunes of the Nationals, who have lost nine of 13 games since the All-Star break to create a double-digit deficit behind the NL East-leading Atlanta Braves. "You got to play with heart," Harper said. "You got to play as a family. Everybodys got to want it, starting with the manager on down -- everybody. Everybody wants to win this and keep going. We need to get going and play better, hit better, have better ABs in certain situations and pitch better also. Its just something we need to do. "We play the Braves nine games. This aint over. I really dont think its over. We just got to keep going, keep grinding and turn into the family that we were last year." NOTES: Nationals pitching coach Steve McCatty, a Detroit native, has been released from a hospital after being treated for an irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure and is expected to rejoin the team Monday. ... Hunter was 4-for-5 with two doubles, two runs and three RBIs. ... Nationals OF Jayson Werth had a sacrifice fly in the first, driving in the only run for his team. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen