Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

arty Havlat, who left after aggravating a lower-body injury in the first period, by juggling their lines. Couture says hes good

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 30.08.2019 16:03
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- When Logan Couture limped off the ice in the middle of a tied game San Jose desperately needed to win, it looked as if he was taking the Sharks playoffs hopes with him. Instead Couture managed to make it back out on the ice to give his team an emotional spark and topped that by scoring the overtime game-winner that got the Sharks back into their second-round series against Los Angeles with a 2-1 victory in Game 3 on Saturday night. Its just the latest big moment for a young player who has emerged as a leader and perhaps the top player on a Sharks team looking to make a deep playoff run. "Logan is a huge, huge part of our team," coach Todd McLellan said Saturday. "This is his coming out party. Nationally people have probably started talking about him. But weve known Logan like this for a long time." With two days off before Game 4 at home on Tuesday night when San Jose will look to tie the series at 2, Couture and his teammates mostly stayed off the ice Sunday to rest up and heal their wounds. Couture got hurt early in the second period when he stepped on a puck with his left skate after a check from Jeff Carter and slammed awkwardly into the boards. He limped off the ice favouring his left leg and went straight to the Sharks dressing room as a hush came over the crowd. San Jose survived the next 15 minutes of game action without Couture or forward Marty Havlat, who left after aggravating a lower-body injury in the first period, by juggling their lines. Couture says hes good to go for Game 4 Tuesday night in San Jose but coach McLellan ruled out Havlat. Centre Adam Burish, who has been ruled out for the whole series versus the Kings, says hes day-to-day and hopes to get into the lineup before the end of the series. "Its playoffs. Everyone plays through injuries," Couture said. "The four years Ive been here, I seen guys play through a lot of injuries. Stanley Cup is what youre playing for. Whatever it takes." Couture showed few signs of the injury in the third period and got the second most ice time of any San Jose forward after returning to the game. The return paid off on the power play early in the overtime when he set up in the slot and took a pass from Patrick Marleau before beating Jonathan Quick with a wrist shot for his fourth goal of the post-season and first ever playoff overtime goal. "Its a feeling that really cant be described," he said. "Its one of the best feelings in the game of hockey. Thats for sure." The game-winner was a bit of retribution for Couture, whose failure to clear a puck while killing a 5-on-3 advantage in the closing minutes of Game 2 led to Los Angeles tying goal in a game the Kings would eventually win. "I dont think about it like that," Couture said. "I just think about it as different games, different plays. I made a play in Game 2 that I shouldnt have made. I should have got the puck out. I didnt. Nothing I can change about that now. So move forward and scored in Game 3." That was a rare mistake for the 24-year-old Couture who is emerging this post-season as the face of a franchise long dominated by gold medal winning stars Joe Thornton and Marleau. A first-round pick in 2007, Couture made his first impact as a late-season call-up who scored four playoff goals in the run to the conference finals in 2010. Couture was tied for the team lead in playoff goals the following year with seven and has been the Sharks top goal-scorer the past two years. "As far as Logan goes, I just think hes getting recognized more for what hes doing," defenceman Dan Boyle said. "Hes been a huge part of this team since he got here with Patty and Joe getting a lot of the headlines. I think hes been one of the go-to guys since he got here. Hes just being a little more recognized now. ... Hes just very important and he showed it again last night why." Couture is far more than a goal-scorer as he often gets matched up against the opposing teams top lines and outplayed the heralded Sedin twins in a first-round sweep of Vancouver. Couture has won 62.9 per cent of his faceoffs this post-season, plays well in all three zones and is a major reason for San Joses improved defence this season. "Hes got a passion and an energy thats contagious," McLellan said. "Sometimes older players do that to younger ones and younger to older. But he has a passion for the game that is second to none and hes got an energy that he brings. He never quits on plays. He drives a lot of people into the game. Thats the sign of a good leader."Gareth Bale Wales Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Aaron Ramsey Wales Jersey . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. http://www.soccerwalesstore.com/customized/ . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Ashley Williams Wales Jersey . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. Joe Ledley Jersey . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action.Paul Green has confirmed North Queenslands interest in signing former Penrith and Newcastle halfback Luke Walsh, who is reportedly plotting an NRL return next year.The 29-year-old has played in England for the past three seasons and Green said he would be the perfect back-up to established halves Johnathan Thurston and Michael Morgan through the State of Origin period.Ray Thompson, the pairs current understudy, is off contract at the end of this year and no guarantee to stay with the Cowboys.During Origin, with Morgo and JT both involved with the Queensland team, having a guy with experience is always handy, Green said.But weve got Ray Thompson there whos done a good job for us, Ben Hampton coming into the club too.Whether Luke Walsh comes or not, I dont think our season hinges on it, but hed be good backup.Green said Walshs manager had contacted the Cowboys to sound out possibilities for 2017 but he had not heard back since their initial conversation.dddddddddddd.Meanwhile, Green said North Queensland is also keen on Melbourne Storm prop Jordan McLean, whose future at that club is in doubt after the re-signing of forwards Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Felise Kaufusi, Mark Nicholls and Kenny Bromwich on Tuesday.The highly-rated McLean remains under contract but could be squeezed out of Melbourne due to salary cap pressures.If that changes wed certainly be interested, Green said.Theres still a spot there available (in the forwards) - without getting too far ahead of us, were in a really good position where we have some good young blokes coming through that are doing a job for us at the moment.Im certainly not feeling any pressure to quickly fill that spot, so well wait and see what pans out. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen