Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ATZENBRUGG, Austria -- Mikael Lundberg ended a six-year title drought with a gutsy 40-foot putt in a playoff against Bernd Wiesb

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 27.08.2019 03:48
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

ATZENBRUGG, Austria -- Mikael Lundberg ended a six-year title drought with a gutsy 40-foot putt in a playoff against Bernd Wiesberger to win the Lyoness Open on Sunday. Justice Hill Jersey . The Swede birdied the first playoff hole to deny Wiesberger a second victory at his home event after 2012. It was Lundbergs third European Tour title after winning the Russian Open in 2005 and 2008. "It feels fantastic, it was very nice. I made a fantastic putt," said Lundberg, who was six strokes off the lead overnight. "I knew I was far behind and I even didnt think I was going to win. I was just hoping to play well." Lundberg, who made three birdies in a row on his way to a 65, and Wiesberger, who shot 69, were tied at 12 under after the fourth round. Defending champion Joost Luiten, who teed off the final day with a two-shot lead over Wiesberger, carded a par 72. The Dutchman finished third, one stroke off the lead. "I didnt play great," Luiten said. "Nothing went my way, really ... If you are two clear, you want to win, you want to finish it off. If you dont do that, you are disappointed." Englands Lee Slattery, who was second after Fridays play, scored 66 to finish another stroke back in fourth. Lundberg topped the leaderboard for the first two days but looked to have squandered his chances with a 4-over 76 on Saturday. "I felt a little bit more pressure going into the third round since I was leading," Lundberg said. "Today was slightly better, not the long shots, but my short game was very good. That changed everything." Lundbergs improved short game helped him overcome several disappointing seasons that left him wondering if he was ever going to win a title again. Just weeks ago, he started working with coach Neil Jordan, and said he has been gaining confidence from the co-operation. "I have been struggling," said the 40-year-old Lundberg, who came through Q School for the last three years. "We started working on a few things. Not very different things, just basics ... I worked a little bit more on my short game which is now starting to pay off." It was Lundbergs second win in a playoff after the Russian Open in 2005 . With a victory, Wiesberger would have become the first Austrian to qualify for the U.S. Open. He can still make it but is now dependent on results from the St. Jude Classic in Memphis, Tennessee, later Sunday. Wiesberger was loudly cheered through the sun-soaked day by a large home crowd. He soon overtook Luiten with birdies on the first and third hole and stayed ahead of the Dutchman almost throughout. However, he lost a one-stroke lead over Lundberg with three holes to play. "I had it in my hands," Wiesberger said. "He had a great putt, he deserves it but I lost it a bit. I didnt play great." Daniel Im of the United States carded the lowest score of the tournament with a 8-under 64 despite double-bogeying the par-4 fifth. Im had 10 birdies including five on the final six holes to finish 7 under for the tournament. Ben Powers Womens Jersey . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Joe Flacco Jersey . -- The Jacksonville Jaguars are bringing back quarterback Chad Henne -- and making him the starter. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Justin-Tucker-Jersey/ . The game marks the rare occasion when two homegrown running backs, Jon Cornish of the Calgary Stampeders and Andrew Harris of the B.C. Lions, will start in the West Divisions battle for a Grey Cup berth.3178 days. Thats how long its been between CFL football games in Ottawa. The Ottawa Renegades bid farewell to the CFL on November 5th, 2005 with a 27-17 victory over the Toronto Argonauts. Now the Argos provide the opposition again as the Redblacks hope to open up the new TD Place Stadium with their first win in franchise history. "Its a moment the fans and the city have been looking forward to for a long time," Redblacks quarterback Henry Burris said Thursday. "Emotions are going to be running wild. The people cant wait. I know we cant wait. But our focus is on making sure we do our jobs and execute the plays. Thats going to be the most important factor in determining if we get the victory or not." Over 100 Rough Riders and Renegades alumni are expected to be in attendance Friday, including the likes of Russ Jackson and Tony Gabriel. Burris says hes thankful for the legacy they created. "We truly want to honour this city, the former Ottawa football players, and the people who helped bring football back to this city. We get to take that torch now and carry on thhe legacy of a proud franchise that won a lot of Grey Cup championships. Ray Lewis Youth Jersey. Now its time for us to get it out of the drought." That drought includes no playoff appearances since 1994, no playoff wins since 1982, no winning season since 1979, while the last of Ottawas nine Grey Cup titles came in 1976. But fans have turned the page, believing things will be different on and off the field. There is no sign of Horn Chen or Lonie Glieberman. No drafting dead people or Mardi Gras promotions. The local ownership group, spearheaded by Jeff Hunt, has inspired confidence to the tune of over 17,000 season tickets. Tickets on the secondary market for Fridays sold-out opener ranged from $167 to $2,000. Its the hottest ticket in the Capital, and Burris says it will be one of the highlights of his 18 year professional career. "I played in the first Monday night game following 9/11. Ive played in Grey Cups. Those are some pretty emotional times for me. I can only imagine just how emotional and how much energy is going to be in this stadium and this entire city." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen