Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

Tim Murray has his dream job as general manager of the Buffalo Sabres, but readily admits there are days when he wishes he was s

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 26.08.2019 03:46
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

Tim Murray has his dream job as general manager of the Buffalo Sabres, but readily admits there are days when he wishes he was still the assistant GM in Ottawa. Darnell Savage Jr. Youth Jersey . Speaking to TSN 1200 on Friday afternoon, Murray said that since he found out his uncle, Senators general manager Bryan Murray, was diagnosed with cancer in June, there have been moments where he has wondered if he made the right career move in jumping to Buffalo. Murray left the Senators organization midway through last season to take the vacant general manager’s job with the Sabres. “Sure. I’ve quite frankly have second guessed everything that has gone on since..and [Bryan] knows that too,” Tim Murray said. “What’s happened has happened and I’m here, but under different circumstances - certainly if I knew that earlier, I wouldn’t have been very anxious to be out the door. I would have been quite content to know that I would have been his assistant for as long as he wanted.” Tim Murray found out about Bryan’s cancer diagnosis while he was in Philadelphia on June 24, preparing for his first NHL Entry Draft as a general manager. Tim had spent parts of seven seasons under Bryan in the Senators front office and was devastated by the news. “He found out on a Tuesday and he called me the next day on a Wednesday. I was just about the meet a couple of agents and it just dropped me,” Murray said. “I know that many families have been through it, but when it hits close you pay more attention. Tim says he speaks to Bryan on a regular basis and while the conversations start out about the cancer treatments, they inevitably turn to hockey talk. “We talk once a week, anyway, and I’ll call and say we’re not talking hockey, I kind of know his schedule for chemo and testing, so that’s what we talk about,” Murray added. “But we end up talking hockey, mostly from his initiation. But that’s not the intent of it at all. But the last 5 minutes always comes back to hockey and a couple of tips for me with the situation that I’m in. I can get emotional or frustrated and he can always help bring me back.” In an interview with TSN’s Michael Farber that aired on Thursday night, Bryan Murray said that he has Stage 4 colon cancer that has spread to other parts of his body. The Senators general manager indicated that the cancer was preventable and could have been avoided had he underwent a routine colonscopy 10 years ago. Bryan Murray’s message to viewers to have a regular check-up and colonoscopy was not lost on his nephew, who watched the TSN story on Friday morning. Murray said the Sabres team trainer came into his office on Friday and told him he had booked a colonoscopy for him for January 21. “That conversation literally happened 15 minutes ago and I’m on my way in January,” said Murray. Paul Hornung Youth Jersey .J. -- The New York Jets have promoted Tony Sparano Jr. Jace Sternberger Youth Jersey .Kessy tried to show what he can do playing left wing for the Oilers in 5-0 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday in pre-season action. http://www.packersrookiestore.com/Packers-Jaire-Alexander-Jersey/ . -- Dee Ford prefers to keep things simple: Play hard and fast, and let others worry about his NFL draft stock.TORONTO -- Canadas largest private sector union will likely hold a formal meeting early next week as it attempts to begin the process of representing major junior hockey players from around the country. A Unifor spokesperson said internal meetings will be held Wednesday as the union continues to put leadership plans in place for the project. However, there are no firm plans to meet with players at this time. "Once we feel that we have everything in order, then well call that meeting," said Unifor spokesperson Sarah Blackstock. "We dont want to rush into anything and I think the stakes are really high. The need for the union is great and so weve got to move carefully and make sure that we get it right." Reached a short time later, Unifor president Jerry Dias said plans should be finalized in the coming days at a venue yet to be determined. "Were just nailing down the details as to what its going to look like, but my guess is well be ready to go next week," he said. Unifor was created a year ago through the merger of the Canadian Auto Workers and the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers unions. There was a failed atttempt to unionize junior hockey players in Nova Scotia over a year ago. Aaron Rodgers Packers Jersey. A would-be union withdrew its certification application with the provincial government in November 2012. Dias has said Unifor was approached by the failed union in June for help. The creation of a board of directors and a legal entity are first on Unifors to-do list. The union would aim to make improvements in several areas for players, including pay, restrictions on university scholarships and health insurance. "Weve always said and we strongly feel more than ever before that we serve the best interest of our players," OHL commissioner and CHL president David Branch told The Canadian Press. "We are always challenging ourselves on how we can better meet their needs, both as developing them as young people and as players, and we dont think a third party could do it better. "So were certainly committed to continue on with our programs as they currently exist." There are 60 teams in the Canadian Hockey League, the umbrella organization for the Ontario Hockey League, Western Hockey League and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen