Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

SAN DIEGO -- Arizona avoided becoming the latest and biggest upset victim in an NCAA tournament thats been filled with them. [ur

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 13.03.2019 06:51
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Arizona avoided becoming the latest and biggest upset victim in an NCAA tournament thats been filled with them. Josh Gorges Jersey . The Wildcats will have to play a little better if they want to keep going in the bracket. Nick Johnson scored 18 points, Aaron Gordon added 16 and top-seeded Arizona overcame a shaky start and a late run by Weber State to beat the Wildcats 68-59 in the West Regional on Friday. The first full day of the tournament was a wild one filled with upsets, and the bracket-busting trend continued early Friday, when Mercer, a No. 14 seed, knocked off mighty Duke. Arizona (31-4) appeared to be next in line, falling into an 8-point hole in the opening 6 minutes. Arizona closed in around Weber State (19-12), shutting down the Wildcats during two big first-half runs, seemingly putting the fairytale to bed. Comfortably ahead, Arizona let off the gas late, allowing Weber State to trim a 21-point lead down to nine before pulling it out. Solid, but not great, particularly since the next game -- against Gonzaga or Oklahoma State on Sunday -- is the spot the Wildcats have been picked to go down. Weber State put up a fight in its first NCAA tournament appearance since 2007, clearly not intimidated by Arizona and its cast of future NBA players. The Wildcats just didnt have the manpower to keep up with the long, athletic Cats during their big runs and nor did they have enough left climb all the way back after clawing back in the second half. Davion Berry scored 24 points and Richaud Gittens added 12 for Weber State. Arizona had been in this spot before, facing a quick-trigger 3-point shooting team in the opening round. A year ago, Belmont was a popular bracket buster pick against the Wildcats because of its ability to shoot the 3, but Arizona turned the slight into motivation and ran over the Bruins. Even after an opening day of upsets in the bracket, there were no calls for an upset against Arizona this year. But just as Mercer was busy taking down Duke, Weber State gave the 16-over-a-1-seed miracle a glimpse of life, holding Arizona without a field for nearly 5 minutes during a game-opening 10-2 run. The dream popped with a flurry of blocked shots, steals and runouts the other direction. After falling into the early hole, one of the nations best defences flexed its muscles against the Big Sky-champion Wildcats, jumping into passing lanes, swatting shots, turning nearly every possession into a fight against the shot clock. Weber State missed 12 of 13 shots as Arizona went on two big runs and shot 6 of 24 in the first half with nine turnovers that Arizona turned into 12 points. The desert Wildcats shook off their early offensive funk with an array of dunks and 3-pointers, racing past Weber State with runs of 14-2 and 13-3 to go up 32-20 at halftime. Arizona looked as if it was going to run away with it early in the second half, only to watch Weber State scratch a huge lead to under double digits with 4 1-2 minutes left. Arizona turned back every attempt Weber State made after that to pull out the victory, but will likely face more upset predictions in the next round after this one. Ryan Miller Jersey . -- The Minnesota Vikings released reserve cornerback A. Dominik Hasek Jersey . 1 status and was unable to prevent a late season collapse, James Reimer said he wants to put the past behind him and is looking forward to spending the next two years in a Maple Leaf uniform. http://www.cheapsabresjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-chad-johnson-jersey . It led to his downfall on Tuesday. The Major League Soccer club fired Rennie after a second straight up-and-down season that saw the Whitecaps start strong before limping across the finish line.Hull signed Croatia striker Nikica Jelavic for a reported club-record fee on Wednesday in a deal that is unlikely to appease supporters amid the latest controversy engulfing the clubs outspoken Egyptian owner. Jelavic left Everton, where he had lost his first-team place, to move to Hull for a reported fee of 6.5 million pounds ($10.6 million) on a 3 1/2-year deal. "As soon as the manager called me, I realized straight away that he was really interested in signing me and that it is a great opportunity for me to come here," the 28-year-old Jelavic said. Jelavic is likely to be joined at the KC Stadium by another forward, Shane Long from West Bromwich Albion, in the coming days as Hull strengthens its attack for the second half of the season as the club battles to avoid relegation. Hull is 10th in the standings after a solid start to life back in Englands top division, but is just five points above the relegation zone. Many fans delight at their teams start to the season has been tempered by the recent comments of Hulls owner, Assem Allam, who has applied to the Football Association to change the clubs official name from Hull City AFC to Hull Tigers. On Tuesday, he threateened to quit the club within 24 hours if the FA rejects his application. Johan Larsson Jersey. "No one on earth is allowed to question my business decisions. I wont allow it," Allam said in an interview with Sky Sports. "Im here to save the club and manage the club for the benefit of the community. It will never be the other way round -- take it from me." Allam, who is reported to have injected around 70 million pounds ($115 million) into the northern club since rescuing it from financial ruin in 2010, wants to rebrand Hull to boost its marketability abroad. Retaining its Premier League status will be key to that appeal, and the signing of Jelavic could clearly help a side that has scored only 22 goals in 21 league games this season. Jelavic has largely been used as a substitute at Everton this season following the loan signing of Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea. He previously played for Hajduk Split, Rapid Vienna and Rangers. "I can see straight away that there is a lot of ambition here within the club and I hope that we can build on the great start to the season and become a really strong Premier League team over the coming years," Jelavic said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen