Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

4-3 on Friday.

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.03.2019 06:18
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

Bruce Boudreau has earned a reputation as a gambler and the Anaheim head coachs latest roll of the dice paid off in a big way. Cheap Phoenix Suns Jerseys . Boudreau made a surprising decision to start highly-touted goaltending prospect John Gibson in Game 4 at Los Angeles on Saturday and the 20-year-old responded by posting a 28-save shutout to help the Ducks even this Western Conference semifinals series at 2-2. Gibson and the Ducks will aim for a repeat performance when they try to take their first lead of this best-of-seven set in Mondays Game 5 against the visiting Kings. The Ducks recalled Gibson after Frederik Andersen, another rookie goaltender, was hurt late in Game 3 and had to be replaced by veteran backstop Jonas Hiller. With Andersen sidelined on Saturday, Hiller was expected to get the Game 4 start due to his playoff experience, but Boudreau instead went with Gibson, who earned rave reviews in his NHL postseason debut. "As soon as we called him up, I thought about starting him," said Boudreau. "I thought he would give us the best chance to win." Gibson had gone 3-0-0 with a 1.33 goals-against average and one whitewash in three appearances at the tail end of the regular season for the Pacific Division champions. On Saturday, he became the first rookie to post a shutout in a playoff debut since Andrew Raycroft of the Boston Bruins against the Montreal Canadiens (3-0) on April 7, 2004. "When I found out I was going to play, I was excited," Gibson said. "I knew the team had to get a win tonight." The victory knotted the series at two games apiece and continue the trend of road teams winning in this series. Los Angeles claimed Games 1 and 2 in Anaheim before the Ducks clawed their way back into the series with two straight victories at the Staples Center. Gibson will be in net again on Monday with Hiller serving as the backup. Devante Smith-Pelly and Ryan Getzlaf provided early offense for the Ducks on Saturday, as both players tallied late in the opening period. Anaheim improved to 23-2 all-time in the postseason when Getzlaf scores a goal. Anaheim had 11 shots in the first period, but only registered three shots on net over the final 40 minutes. The Ducks went without a shot in the middle stanza, marking the first time an NHL club was held without a shot in a playoff period since it happened to Dallas against Edmonton on May 9, 1998 in Game 2 of the WCSF. While Gibson was able to record a shutout, Kings star goaltender Jonathan Quick was pulled after the first period. Quick stopped 9-of-11 shots and Martin Jones turned aside the three shots he faced over the final two periods. Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said the decision to pull his No. 1 goaltender was a tactical one and Quick should be in net when Game 5 gets underway. "It wasnt a tough thought process. They scored two goals. I dont think our goaltending is an issue. We have to finish off our shots to be successful," offered Sutter. The Kings hadnt been blanked in a home playoff contest since May 20, 2012, a 2-0 defeat to the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals. L.A. forward Anze Kopitar had his point streak halted at 10 games, as he failed to pick up a point for the first time in this postseason. He was the first King to have points in 10 straight games in one postseason since Wayne Gretzky posted a franchise-record 12-game point streak in 1993. Kopitar has four goals and 11 assists to lead all players with 15 points in this postseason. The winner of Game 5 will have a chance to close the series out Wednesday in Los Angeles. The Kings, the 2012 Stanley Cup champions, are attempting to make the conference final round for a third straight spring. Anaheim is trying to advance to the third round for the first time since claiming the franchises lone Cup title in 2007. This best-of-seven set, which had been dubbed the "Freeway Series," marks the first-ever playoff matchup between these Southern California rivals. Marquese Chriss Jersey . That Ginette Reno can sing. Cheap Suns Jerseys . The Los Angeles Clippers showed them just how ugly that life could be. Jared Dudley scored a season-high 21 points, Chris Paul added 16 points and 17 assists, and the Clippers jumped all over the Bulls in Roses absence for a 121-82 victory Sunday. http://www.cheapsunsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-t-j-warren-jersey . In mens doubles, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the quarter-finals with a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Croatian Mate Pavic and Andre Sa of Brazil.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Ottawa Senators won for just the second time in nine games last time out to keep their slim playoff chances alive. They face a tough task on Sunday evening, however, as they host a Calgary Flames team that has taken to the role of spoiler as of late. Listen to the Senators vs. Flames live on TSN Radio 1200 Ottawa starting at 5pm et. The Senators have 74 points with nine games to play, leaving them eight points back of Columbus and Detroit for the two wild card spots in the Eastern Conference. Ottawa has done little to help its cause as of late, going 2-4-3 over the last nine contests. Both wins have come in Ottawas last three games and the club picked up a big 5-3 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Friday to begin a five-game homestand. Clarke MacArthur notched his 23rd goal of the season and tallied two assists. Kyle Turris also lit the lamp for the 23rd time this season and the duo are tied with Bobby Ryan for the club lead. Ryan, though, wont play again this season after undergoing sports hernia surgery this week. Erik Condra, Cody Ceci and Milan Michalek all added goals on Friday and Craig Anderson made 46 saves in his first start since March 10. He had been out with an upper-body injury. "The bottom line is, we got two points and we found a way to win, and thats all that really matters," said Anderson. "We played pretty solid and for the most part we did what it took to get the job done. Wholesale Suns Jerseys. ." Anderson should get the start this evening and is 6-6-0 lifetime versus the Flames with a 2.45 goals against average. Calgary has thrived on impacting the playoff race over the last few weeks despite being well out of contention. The Flames have won six of their last nine games and bested the playoff-hopeful New York Rangers 4-3 on Friday. Mike Cammalleri notched the deciding tally late in the second period, taking a kick pass from defenseman Chris Butler up the right wing. Cammalleri then skated into the zone and beat New Yorks Henrik Lundqvist through the pads with 7.8 ticks on the clock. "Thats an opportunity maybe to get a shot off in stride where you might not usually," Cammalleri said. "I just tried to shoot it in stride the best I could. I thought by our [defense] making a quick up-play there, we were able to create a gap. Their [defense] got caught." Karri Ramo did the rest and finished with 38 saves, while Joe Colborne, Mark Giordano and Kevin Westgarth added goals. The Flames did lose defenseman Ladislav Smid to an upper-body injury on Friday in the opener of a five-game road trip. Ramo could start again today and is 0-2-1 with a 3.88 GAA in five career games versus the Senators, including two starts. The Flames have won nine of their past 12 versus the Senators, including a 4-1 victory in Calgary on March 5. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen