Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

e youngest fighter Top Rank has ever signed. Hes a tremendous prospect, ranked No. 1 in his weight division in the a

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 14.12.2018 05:52
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- It probably wasnt meant to be a state secret. More like leaving their options open and deciding as they went depending on circumstances such as the state of the standings.So it wasnt until late Saturday night that the Washington Nationals announced A.J. Cole as their starter for Sundays series finale at Pittsburgh. The Pirates waited until Friday to announce a starter and then switched to Tyler Glasnow later that night.Washington manager Dusty Baker had been waiting to see whether his club clinched the National League East title. The Nationals did, with a 6-1 win Saturday night coupled with a New York Mets loss.Naming Cole the starter for Sunday was about the only order of business the Nationals were interested in conducting once Saturdays game ended. There was, after all, a raucous celebration in the visiting PNC Park clubhouse that took a high priority.Let these young men have a great time, back to work (Sunday), Baker said. First step in a four-step process. This step is the hardest to get.And if the Nationals have anything to say about it, just one step.They won the division because we have a group of guys who only think about going out on the field and doing whatever it takes to win every day, shortstop Danny Espinosa said. No one is caught up in individual stats. Our focus since the first day of spring training has been to win the division and then keep going.Washington has eight games left in the regular season to do some fine-tuning before the postseason, beginning with Sundays game.As of Thursday, neither team had revealed a starter for Sunday -- officially, that looks like TBD.If Washington had not named Cole (1-2, 4.68 ERA), a 24-year-old making his seventh start, it most likely would have been Tanner Roark.On Friday, Pittsburgh named rookie Steven Brault as the guy. But after their 11-inning win that night, they announced a switch to another rookie, Glasnow.The move apparently was made to give Glasnow another look as a starter. Brault is not injured.Glasnow (0-1, 4.11 ERA), a highly touted prospect entering the season, has been in the bullpen most of this month since coming back from a shoulder injury. In three relief appearances, he allowed two runs and seven hits in seven innings with eight strikeouts and three walks.He was aggressive in the zone, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said of Glasnow as a reliever. He mixed his pitches and I love the tempo hes been using on the mound. Its been in a better place than when he first came up. Trust the catcher and go.Glasnows long-term value, though, is considered to be as a starter.With the switch, Brault went to the bullpen.Its not clear who might pitch in Pittsburghs final regular-season series next weekend in St. Louis. That might depend on whether the Pirates can manage to keep their wild-card hopes alive this week.For a four-game series against the Chicago Cubs that begins Monday, Pittsburghs starters are listed as rookie Chad Kuhl, Ryan Vogelsong, rookie Jameson Taillon and Ivan Nova, who lost for the second time Saturday after starting his Pittsburgh career 5-0. Wholesale Jerseys . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. http://www.cheapjerseyschinafastshipping.com/ . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Discount Nike NFL Jerseys . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Wholesale Jerseys Authentic . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. LAS VEGAS -- Gabriel Flores Jr., a 16-year-old junior lightweight with a strong amateur background and gripping backstory, will turn pro after signing a promotional contract with Top Rank, chairman Bob Arum announced on Wednesday.But because Flores, of Stockton, California, is so young, he cannot fight professionally in the United States yet. He wont have his first bout until at least May, when he turns 17 and can apply for a special permit in various states, including Nevada and California.Why did we sign a 16?-year-old -- I think is because the younger we sign fighters the longer the guys in Top Rank feel theyll have me around, the 84-year-old Arum joked at the final news conference for the Manny Pacquiao-Jessie Vargas undercard at the Wynn resort.I think hes the youngest fighter Top Rank has ever signed. Hes a tremendous prospect, ranked No. 1 in his weight division in the amateur ranks. He has great natural skills and ability. Our matchmakers believe that will make him a star.Flores, a member of the U.S. junior national team in 2015 and 2016, comes into the pro ranks having gone 91-7 as an amateur and having won the 2016 U.S. junior national championship at 138 pounds. In 2015, he claimed a silver medal at the world junior championships at 125 pounds and a gold medal in the same division at the U.S. junior national championships.Flores will enter the pro ranks having endured much in his life.I know a lot of people have high expectations of me and I plan on exceeding all of them, said Flores, who started boxing at age 7. It wasnt easy getting to this point. I lost my mother at the age of 12. It was gang-violence-related. It took my mother away from me. She got shot in the back. They said if she would have made it she would have been paralyzed. She didnt make it, but right now, today, shes looking down on me and shes smiling right now.Flores mother, Juanita Maldonado, was shot while attending a childs birthday party in Stockton on March 17, 2013.dddddddddddd She died the following day at age 35. Four others were also shot, reportedly by three men, though no arrests have been made.I could have just gave up on my dreams but giving up on my dreams would have been giving up on my mother, Flores said. Im just grateful to be in this position and want to make her proud.Flores said he wants to be a role model to kids in Stockton, a city gripped by gang violence.My mom wasnt the only one I lost in my family, said Flores, one of six children. I lost my uncle to gang violence. Thats why I look forward to fighting in my hometown so I can promote anti-gang-violence. I want the kids to know right from wrong and the consequences. I want to stop the violence in the city I was born in and the city I love.Flores is trained and managed by his father, Gabriel Flores Sr., whose own involvement in gangs landed him in prison for a stretch. He turned his back on gang life years ago and also trains Top Rank junior lightweight prospect Andy Vences (16-0, 10 KOs). Flores adviser is Rick Mirigian, who also handles blue-chip junior welterweight prospect and 2012 U.S. Olympian Jose Ramirez.Flores has ring experience sparring with quality fighters, including featherweight world titleholder Oscar Valdez and junior featherweight contender Jessie Magdaleno, both of whom have matches on the Pacquiao-Vargas undercard.Id say Im a pure boxer. I like to keep my distance and use my jab and my straight punches, but if it comes down to it, I can fight on the inside, Flores said. I can do anything it takes to win. My favorite boxer of all time is Roy Jones Jr. Sometimes Ill do a little showboating like he does, and sometimes I do that little jump-in hook. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen