Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

revious outing.Hernandez overcame his slow start and pitched six scoreless innings to continue his dominance

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 18.11.2018 02:57
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

It all began in the magical world of Neopets.I made it up when I was 6 or 7 on Neopets, Eugene Pobelter Park told me about the selection of his unique ID. Remember that?Although Im a bit older than the 19-year-old starting mid laner for Immortals, Id also taken part in the online pet community during my youth. Now, probably a decade later, our colorful creatures probably live in electronic purgatory, wondering what had happened to their handlers.Actually, my first ID was like Pipsqueak7, he admitted. But that got banned because me and my sister would play on the same computer, and I think they thought we were account sharing. Anyway, my new account name was Pobelt because I thought it sounded cool, and that eventually became Pobelter when I played MapleStory. [I] really [messed] up the skill allocation on my main character Pobelt. So I started a new one named Pobelter.Like many pro-gamers, Parks fascination with video games began at an early age. He started out playing on the Nintendo 64 when he was around the age of 5 until his mother accidentally cleaned out the system incorrectly and broke it. From there, he moved onto playing PlayStation games like Frogger before eventually turning to educational games on the computer that started his love for PC gaming.I spent most of my time playing WarCraft III and MapleStory in middle school, Park said. As a 13-year-old with no money whose parents didnt want him to be playing video games all the time, I couldnt afford to buy games, so I ended up starting WarCraft III somehow. I downloaded it illegally -- sorry Blizzard -- and I played on this bootleg European private server because I didnt have the legit CD key. I [also] played Dota, and I thought Dota was pretty fun, but at the same time, I was playing on 300 ping and people were flaming me in Turkish [and] Portuguese, so I ended up hearing about this so-called Dota clone called League of Legends entering closed beta.And thats how one of the best North American mid laners of all time came to be. The adolescent Park turned to a game considered to be a tweaked version of the same genre. Since starting as one of the first people to test the game in the closed beta, Park has gone from an unknown playing in his childhood bedroom to playing in front of thousands on the North American League Championship Series stage.I just tried to keep it pretty low-key, he told me when I asked how he dealt with being a popular face in the League community since his early days of high school. [I] didnt like it when random people would come up to me at school and go, Yo, youre Pobelter, because I didnt [enjoy] that. It made me feel kind of uncomfortable.Luckily for Park, most people at his self-described pretty nerdy school didnt make a big deal about it and thought it was cool he was a mini-celebrity in the world of competitive gaming. In terms of the schoolwork, Park had little to no issues passing through his school curriculum and doing well on his SAT scores. He was only held back from being at the top of his class due to the endless hours spent in League of Legends.It probably would have been a lot tougher of a decision between playing in LCS and going to college right away if Id gotten in anywhere I really wanted to go, Park said. But I only got accepted into my backup schools so I [said], I guess Ill try [LCS] out and see how it goes. Anyway, school was taking its toll on me, so I might as well take some time off and explore because -- I did some research -- people who take time off go back to college and have a really refreshed mindset and dont get burnt out. So I thought itd be a good idea, and my parents supported me.Parks ascent from semi-normal high schooler to professional gaming star wasnt a rapid one. His first few teams and seasons in the NA LCS were rocky ones. On teams that were good enough to stay in the league but not strong enough to actually compete for a title, Park kept the reputation of a youngster ready to have a breakout season but never getting that breakthrough moment. Instead, he battled through relegations, known for his finesse to wiggle out of difficult situations and help his squads keep their place in the premier league.My parents were a bit skeptical at first, he said. I remember telling them I had to fly out to Raleigh, North Carolina, for my first LAN event at [Major League Gaming] Raleigh in 2011 or 2012. They were just [like], What the hell? and thought I was going to get kidnapped. But I showed them this was all legit. A part of the game I play. Theres a tournament, and hopefully Im not going to die and get my organs harvested. Luckily I didnt, and Im here today.No, Park didnt get kidnapped and didnt get his organs harvested at Raleigh. However, it wasnt until he finally was relegated from the league on Winterfox in the spring of 2015 where he finally caught his first big break. As his struggling team was pushed down into the minor leagues, Park left the organization and signed with the established Counter Logic Gaming for the 2015 summer season.Itd definitely have to be winning LCS with CLG at Madison Square Garden, said Park, describing the memory that has stuck out to him the most throughout his lengthy career. After joining the team at the start of the summer split, Counter Logic turned its identity around by winning its first LCS championship with Park as the starter in the mid lane.That just felt...awesome, he said. Probably the best Ive felt in my life.For how successful he felt on the stage, Park was still struggling to gain full acceptance from his parents. It wasnt until he left CLG following the summer split to join the rookie organization Immortals that his parents started to look at competitive gaming as more than just a bit of exploration.It didnt happen until fairly recently, he told me. For the first year of my career -- even on Winterfox and CLG -- I wasnt making that much. For my first year on EG, I was making the league minimum, he said. Even on CLG and Winterfox, I wasnt making that much more. But this time around on Immortals, I think I have a pretty good salary. It feels really stable, so I think my parents are going to support me as long as I want to keep going. Whereas before, they would have been like, Maybe you should go back to school soon.On Immortals, Park is transitioning into the role of reliable veteran rather than the pesky, upcoming rookie he has been seen as. Park is rectifying his exclusion last split by being one of the most impactful players in this summers regular season. After winning a title two splits ago and finishing third in the spring, another championship would give him one of the best resumes for a North American-born player in the LCS history.My plan has always been to go back to school, get a degree and see what happens from there, he said. But recently, esports has been growing so much, and there seems to be a lot of opportunities outside [playing]. Basically, its hard to gauge until that point actually happens.Pipsqueak7, a kid nursing his online animals on Neopets, to Pobelt on MapleStory, to Pobelter, the pro-gaming star.Wow, he said, trying to find the right words to say to the fans that have followed him since he was an amateur high school player. Just thanks for supporting me. I remember streaming on own3d.tv back in 2012, and Id get 60 viewers. I was like, Wow, thats 60 people watching me. Thats a lot of people! And its just crazy to see how everything has shaken out. Air Max Outlet France .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Air Max Pas Cher Livraison Gratuite . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. http://www.airmaxpascherchaussures.fr/ . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Chaussure Air Max Pas Cher . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013. Air Max Pas Cher En Ligne . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Felix Hernandez wasnt nearly as sharp as he has been recently and got off to a sluggish start in the first two innings against the Athletics.It hardly mattered on a day when the Mariners backed their ace with another 14 runs of support, something they did in Hernandezs previous outing.Hernandez overcame his slow start and pitched six scoreless innings to continue his dominance at the Oakland Coliseum and Seattle Mariners beat the As 14-3 on Saturday.The first three innings I was a little wild and the ball was moving all over the place, sinking and cutting, Hernandez said. After that I just started to pound the strike zone. The offense picked me up. Its good for us.Seattle remained 3 1/2 games behind the second wild card spot.Hernandez (11-5) gave up four hits and a walk in the first two innings then settled in for his second consecutive win. Seattles six-time All-Star walked one and struck out two for his seventh win since coming off the disabled list.King Felix also showed hes king of the Coliseum.Hernandez improved to 12-3 there, tying Tommy John for the most wins by an opposing pitcher at the 50-year-old stadium.Just trying to calm down, not be too quick to the plate and I made good pitches, Hernandez said.Nelson Cruz had three hits and three RBI, Nori Aoki also had three hits and drove in two runs, and Kyle Seager hit his 28th home run to help the Mariners to their seventh win in eight games against the As this season.Seattle batted around twice and had seven players with two hits or more.The offense really carried us today but it does take pitching to shut them down, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. Felix gave us a chance to put the runs up there.The As, conversely, continued to struggle at their ballpark. With 41 losses at the Coliseum, Oakland is guaranteed of consecutive losing seasons at home for the first time since 1997-98.Ryon Healy had three hits including a two-run home ruun for the As.ddddddddddddCruz doubled and scored on Kyle Seagers single in the first. Cruz doubled again in the third and drove in two runs when the Mariners batted around to go up 6-0.Aoki, who went into the day batting .337 in 22 career games against the As, made it 8-0 with a two-run double in the sixth to chase Kendall Graveman (10-10).Seager hit his second home run in three days off reliever J.B. Wendelken leading off the seventh.Graveman allowed eight runs and a career-high 12 hits over five-plus innings with three walks and one strikeout.It was just one of those games where he was a little bit off and didnt have command of his fastball like he normally does, As manager Bob Melvin said.AOKI WARMING UPAoki had his best game since coming off the disabled list, going 3-for-5 with two doubles, three runs scored and a walk. Getting their leadoff hitter comfortable will be key for the Mariners as they head down the stretch. He comes back with a vengeance, Servais said. Really good at-bats, hes driving the ball.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: Right-hander Tom Wilhelmsen pitched one inning and allowed Healys home run after being activated from the disabled list before the game. Wilhelmsen had been out since Aug. 26 with back spasms.Athletics: Sean Manaea (back strain) is scheduled to start Wednesday in Kansas City after throwing 50 pitches in an extended bullpen session without setback. Manaea hasnt pitched in a game since Aug. 29.UP NEXTMariners: LHP James Paxton (4-6) pitches the series finale in his fourth start since coming off the disabled list. Paxton has won both of his career starts against Oakland.Athletics: RHP Raul Alcantara (0-1) makes his second career start for the As. Alcantara tied a major league record with three hit batters in the first inning against the Angels on Sept. 5. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen