Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ajor League Baseballs drug investigation, the third baseman angered the Yankees when he obtained a second me

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 24.09.2018 02:06
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguezs already strained relationship with the New York Yankees hit another low on Thursday when he pushed to be activated from the disabled list, the team refused and he had a lawyer join the discussion of his injury rehabilitation. Already a target of Major League Baseballs drug investigation, the third baseman angered the Yankees when he obtained a second medical opinion on his strained left quadriceps this week without informing the team in writing, a step required by the sports collective bargaining agreement. The Yankees intend to discipline him, most likely with a fine. "Do you trust the Yankees?" Rodriguez was asked during an interview on WFAN radio. He responded: "Id rather not get into that. Im just frustrated that Im not on the field tomorrow." Sidelined since hip surgery in January, Rodriguez issued a statement early Thursday saying he wanted to be activated for Fridays home game against Tampa Bay. "The Yanks and I crossed signals," the three-time AL MVP said in the statement. "I dont want any more mix-ups. Im excited and ready to play and help this team win a championship. I feel great and Im ready and want to be in the lineup Friday night. Enough doctors, lets play." But that wasnt in the Yankees plans. "Hell continue tomorrow with some light conditioning, and then expand to more functional work from the 27th through the 31st," general manager Brian Cashman said. "Our hope, as well as Alexs hope, without any setbacks or new complaints, that would put him in a situation to have either a simulated game or a rehab game on Aug. 1." A-Rod was upset with the delay. "Im very, very disappointed," he said. "I know I can help my team. Im frustrated but I agreed to this five-day plan, and on we go." Whether he gets back on a big league field any time soon or ever plays for the Yankees again remains to be seen. MLB has been investigating Rodriguez as part of its probe of the closed Biogenesis clinic in Florida , accused in media reports of distributing banned performance-enhancing drugs. A suspension appears likely, but Rodriguez could ask the players association to contest a drug penalty -- making it possible he might not have to serve any time until next year. He is among the dozen or so players under investigation by MLB; he has said in the past that he used PEDs from 2001-03 while with Texas but maintained he has not used them since. Rodriguez independently sought out a second opinion on his thigh strain, consulting Dr. Michael Gross, the orthopedic director of The Sports Medicine Institute at Hackensack (N.J.) University Medical Center. Gross said on Wednesday that he examined an MRI and could not detect an injury. Gross, who never examined Rodriguez personally, was reprimanded this year by New Jerseys board of medical examiners over steroid prescriptions, fined $30,000 and ordered to pay $10,000 in costs. Rodriguez was re-examined Thursday by Dr. Daniel Murphy, the Yankees orthopedic surgeon, who confirmed the initial diagnosis. Cashman said Murphy determined there was "clearly some improvement." Yankees president Randy Levine and Cashman had a conference call with Tim Lentych, the head athletic trainer at the player development complex in Tampa; Rodriguez; and Jordan Siev, co-head of the U.S. commercial litigation group at Reed Smith. Rodriguez is baseballs highest-paid player with a $28 million salary this year and is owed $86 million more in the next four seasons. He sounded like a man who anticipated having to fight for his money. "Just want to make sure that everything is documented properly," he said. Rodriguez has hit a mediocre .250 (8 for 40) with two homers and eight RBIs in 13 minor league games. About a week before he began the injury rehab assignment on July 2, Rodriguez tweeted that the surgeon who operated on his hip "gave me the best news - the green light to play games again!" Cashman responded: "Alex should just shut the ... up." ------ Associated Press Writer Mark Didtler in Tampa, Fla., contributed to this report. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Max-Garcia-Jersey/ . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Donald-Stephenson-Jersey/ . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Customized/ . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Jake-Butt-Jersey/ .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Aqib-Talib-Jersey/ . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. CINCINNATI -- The hat from Chicago Cubs third baseman/outfielder Kris Bryants historic night at the plate Monday will find its way to the Hall of Fame, according to Bryant.Bryant became the first player in history to go 5-for-5 with three home runs and two doubles as the Cubs beat the Reds 11-8.Maybe when the bat breaks, Ill send that, Bryant said Tuesday. Im keeping the jersey.Bryant became the first player in at least 100 years to hit three home runs and play three different positions in a game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He started at third base, moved to right field, then ended the game in left..ddddddddddddIts [moving around] not hard for me because Ive been doing it for most of the year, Bryant said. It doesnt matter what Ive done that half inning [on defense]. I turn on a different switch.Bryant is the first Cubs player with five extra-base hits in a game since 1885. He has 12 home runs on the road already this season, after hitting only five last season. The leading vote-getter among NL third baseman for the All-Star game is hitting .278 with 21 home runs and 57 RBIs. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen