Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

the only two blemishes on the Dallas Cowboys record (11-2) this season.The Giants defense befuddled rookie quarterback D

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 21.09.2018 02:06
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants won two Super Bowls under Tom Coughlin by being able to pressure the opposing quarterback and getting just enough big plays from Eli Manning and the offense to pull out a lot of close games.In coach Ben McAdoos first season since taking over for Coughlin, the Giants (9-4) are using the same formula in a bid to end a four-year playoff drought.Its a formula that also has put the only two blemishes on the Dallas Cowboys record (11-2) this season.The Giants defense befuddled rookie quarterback Dak Prescott on a cold, damp night, and Manning overcame a miserable performance to hook up with Odell Beckham Jr. on a go-ahead, 61-yard catch-and-run late in the third quarter as New York ended the Cowboys 11-game winning streak with a 10-7 victory Sunday .I think that everything is in front of us, Giants linebacker Jonathan Casillas said. I think that we can be as good as we want to be. As long as we keep our head down and keep grinding away -- it is still a long season. We have some games left and I am planning on playing in January. That is the goal right now, to get through December and play in January.If the defense plays the way it did against Dallas, the Giants are going back to the playoffs for the first time since winning the Super Bowl in February 2012 against the Patriots.Steve Spagnuolos unit limited Dallas to a season-low 260 yards , held the Cowboys to 1 of 15 on third down and didnt allow Ezekiel Elliott to bust a big run despite gaining 107 yards rushing.New York cornerback Janoris Jenkins blanketed star receiver Dez Bryant for the second straight game, limiting him to one catch late and forcing a fumble on the same play. Bryant had two catches in two games against the Giants this season as the Cowboys scored a total of 26 points. They were scoring almost 28 per game this season entering Sunday night.While saying they didnt execute well, veteran Cowboys tight end Jason Witten gave credit to the Giants in a game they played without star defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul. He is out for the rest of the regular season because of a sports hernia.They were pressuring us, Witten said. They were bringing some heat and we werent able to capitalize on it. I tell you what, our defense kept us in the game. I thought they did a heck of a job. Giving us a chance, we didnt play good enough.Beckham, who turned a short slant into a touchdown with an incredible burst of speed, felt the same way about the Giants offense.To me personally when you are not on the field and seeing what that defense does, that makes all the difference in the world, he said. The quote Ive heard for a long time is offense wins games, defense wins championships, and this is a championship defense.Here are five takeaways from the game:THE ROAD AHEAD: With three games left in the regular season, the Cowboys magic number for winning the NFC East is two. Any combination of wins by the Cowboys and losses by the Giants totaling two gives Dallas the division title. New York still has the best record among second-place teams in the NFC wild-card race. Dallas is home next weekend against Tampa Bay (8-5). The Giants host Detroit (9-4).REPLACING JPP: Rookie free agent Romeo Okwara started for Pierre-Paul at left end and led the Giants with eight tackles and one of their three sacks. It was his first career sack. Linebacker Devon Kennard also filled in at defensive end and tackle in passing situations. He had six tackles and a sack.DAK NOT A COLD-WEATHER GUY: Prescott didnt seem to like the cold and it didnt help that the ball was a little wet at times. He finished 17 of 37 for 165 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions. Knowing how talented our offense is, having high expectations of myself and stalling drive after drive, it gets frustrating, Prescott said.NO ROMO: Prescotts struggles against the fierce Giants pass rush and sticky secondary didnt have Dallas thinking about whether longtime starter Tony Romo should take over at quarterback.Finally recovered from his back issues, Romo is the clear backup these days to the superb rookie. But Prescott wasnt superb against New York.So, naturally, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked about Romo. He smiled and, with emphasis, said no when the subject of Romo seeing action came up.Cowboys coach Jason Garrett was asked if at any point he considered turning to Romo. Again, an emphatic no.We just feel good about Dak Prescott playing quarterback for us right now, Garrett said.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and -http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Jordan Richards Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Tedy Bruschi Jersey . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. http://www.patriotsauthenticshop.com/Patriots-Trent-Brown-Draft-Jersey/ . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Marcus Cannon Jersey . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. Antonio Garcia Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Eddie Jones says England was lacking captain Dylan Hartleys mongrel qualities when they crashed out of the World Cup on home soil last year.Since being appointed as head coach after that feeble group stage elimination, Jones has masterminded a Grand Slam success and a 3-0 series whitewash in Australia.One of his first appointments as England boss was Hartley, who was not picked for the World Cup due to a suspension, as captain.Jones was an interested observer when England crashed out of the World Cup, as he was overseeing Japans campaign, and thought they lacked a forward in Hartleys mould.When asked what he made of England during that doomed tournament, the Australian told Sky Sports: I thought they had great talent. I watched the games quite closely and thought they lacked a forward that really had a bit of mongrel about them. DDylan Hartley did that previously and it had got him in a bit of trouble, so he was an obvious choice to come back into the team.dddddddddddd.I also didnt feel they had a strong enough vision of how they wanted to play the game, I felt they were copying a bit other teams in the world, so weve tried to get back to playing English rugby which is dominant set-piece and aggressive defence.Jones also felt the World Cup was proof that England was lacking mental strength, something he is still working to instil in the side.Hopefully well keep progressing with English rugby, they needed a bit of a change up here [mentally], more so than psychically. Weve managed to do that and weve got to keep progressing now. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Stitched Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys 2019 Black China NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen