Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

1, 6-2 in 70 minutes. Djokovic awaits the second-place finissher in the McEnroe Group in Saturdays semifinals.ddddddddddddBy def

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 16.09.2018 02:07
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Adam Jones and the Baltimore Orioles wore out Petco Park in a rare visit to the San Diego Padres big downtown ballpark.Jones hit a leadoff homer against his hometown team and Hyun Soo Kim and Chris Davis also homered for the Orioles, who beat the Padres 11-7 on Tuesday night for their sixth straight victory.The Orioles lead the majors with 123 homers, including 54 in June.Baltimore would have had a fourth homer, but center fielder Melvin Upton Jr. leaped and reached over the fence to rob J.J. Hardy of a two-run shot in the second. Upton then doubled off Mark Trumbo at first.Baltimore had plenty of hits that stayed in the yard, finishing with 17 total. Each regular had at least one. Davis, Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop each had three.Since spring training, the lineup from one to nine, anybody can do damage, everybody contributes, Schoop said. One day, somebodys going to step up. Its fun. We play the game hard, we play the game right.Davis passed Hall of Famer Frank Robinson for sole possession of ninth place on the Orioles career home run list with 180. He and Machado had three hits apiece.Kim drove in three runs, adding an RBI double in the seven-run sixth. Davis homered and doubled in the inning, Schoop had a two-run double and Machado hit a two-run single.Jones, who went to San Diegos Morse High, hit an opposite-field homer to right, his 16th, on the second pitch from Erik Johnson. Kim also went to right field on his two-run homer in the fifth, his second. Davis drove reliever Carlos Villanuevas first pitch an estimated 417 feet to center leading off the sixth, his 19th.Ubaldo Jimenez (5-7) beat the Padres in consecutive starts, holding them to one run and three hits in five innings, with five strikeouts and four walks. He won 7-2 against the Padres in Baltimore last Wednesday.He made a lot of good pitches, manager Buck Showalter said. I thought he a had crisp fastball, had command of it. I liked the fact he got right back up there and got some outs after the leadoff home run. Well take it.Upton had a big game for the Padres. He homered an estimated 444 feet off the batters eye in straightaway center field leading off the bottom of the first and had two defensive gems. The first was robbing Hardy of the home run, and the second was a sliding catch of Kims sinking liner in the third.Upton said his homer-robbing catch was No. 1 for sure on his list of big catches. Ive never really had an opportunity in center field. Honestly, that one I just kind of jumped for it. Kind of surprised it ended up in my glove. I knew I was close to it, but I mean, odds are you catch that are very slim, but I did it, so, cool.Manager Andy Green said it was one of the best catches Ive ever seen from Upton. Kept the ball I the ballpark. That one I thought was gone. That one disappeared. I didnt realize he had caught it. It was a heck of a double play.San Diegos Wil Myers hit a three-run homer off Oliver Drake in the seventh, his 18th. It was his 11th this month, the most ever by a Padres player in June.Johnson (0-4) allowed four runs and seven hits in five innings, struck out two and walked none.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: CF Jon Jay went on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 20, with a broken right forearm. To take his place on the roster, infielder-outfielder Alex Dickerson was recalled from Triple-A El Paso.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Yovani Gallardo (2-1, 6.04) is scheduled to start the series finale Wednesday afternoon.Padres: LHP Christian Friedrich (4-2, 3.60) is scheduled to make his ninth start of the season. Under Armour Basketball Shoes Mens .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Under Armour Womens Shoes Sale . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. http://www.mikebrault.com/ . Pence singled in the winning run with no outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants a 7-6 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Under Armour Basketball Shoes Womens . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. Under Armour Shoes Cheap Online .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. On Friday, the final day of round-robin matches at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, there are still six scenarios by which two of three players in Group John McEnroe can make the semifinals. One of them -- wins by Stan Wawrinka and Kei Nishikori in two and three sets, respectively -- would actually send No. 1-ranked Andy Murray, author of a 21-match win streak, home to the London suburbs.Over in Group Ivan Lendl on Thursday night, it wasnt nearly as complicated. When No. 4 Milos Raonic met No. 9 Dominic Thiem, it was win and in.At this year-end tournament missing Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Tomas Berdych and David Ferrer, here was a glimpse into the future of mens tennis, a battle between the two youngest qualifiers in London, a pair of heavy hitters destined to be top-10 players for quite some time.Raonic, 25, had just one more Finals appearance on his résumé than the first-time Thiem, 23. That experience -- and a nearly unreturnable serve -- manifested itself in a sparkling 7-6 (5), 6-3 victory.In the pivotal first-set tiebreaker, Raonic hit aces on his final three service swings.Hes also had some high-powered consultants watching from his box. In addition to primary coach Riccardo Piatti, Carlos Moya and John McEnroe sat side-by-side. Thats a total of eight Grand Slam singles titles.Thats why you have three guys, Raonic joked afterward. If the first two arent right, maybe the other one will be.McEnroe was brought on for a stint during the grass-court season, and Raonic responded by reaching his first Grand Slam final. McEnroes mantra was to encourage Raonic to come forward more often to take advantage of his huge serve and wingspan. While the quickness of the O2 Arena court didnt allow an excessive amount of that, the conditions suited Raonic. Thiem, who doesnt quite have Raonics reach, is more comfortable on clay.And now the possibility of a Sunday final showdown between Murray and Novak Djokovic, with the No. 1 ranking on the line, looms large.Earlier Thursday, the No. 2 Djokovic dismantled alternate David Goffin, playing for injured Gael Monfils (rib), 6-1, 6-2 in 70 minutes. Djokovic awaits the second-place finissher in the McEnroe Group in Saturdays semifinals.ddddddddddddBy defeating Wawrinka in the Friday afternoon session, Murray will advance to the semifinals for the first time in four years. That (and four of the other scenarios) would land him a meeting with Raonic, against whom he is 8-3, including 5-0 in 2016.The Canadian is playing the best tennis of his life, relying on one of the best serves on the planet. Against Thiem, he won 86 percent of his first-serve points, collected 13 aces and did not face a break point.Its a great match for me, Raonic said afterward in an on-court interview. It wasnt a round-robin match for us; it was a quarterfinal. I was fortunate to get through today.Thiem, whose forehand is one of the tours heaviest and whose one-handed backhand is lovely to behold, looked a little weary. After playing a terrific first set, he was broken on his first service game in the second. Thiems last shot was a weak backhand into the net on Raonics second match-point opportunity.This was Thiems 82nd match of the year, second only to Murrays 84. He was trying to become the youngest semifinalist in London since Juan Martin del Potro in 2009, but he finished with 57 match wins.After the then-22-year-old Thiem beat 19-year-old Alexander Zverev in the fourth round of the French Open this spring, he concluded, Such a great player, Sascha, and, yeah, I think the difference today was maybe probably the three years age difference.That also was the case with Raonic, who had lost his only two previous matches in London, to Federer and Murray in 2014, before pulling out with a thigh injury. Here hes won two of three matches (also beating Monfils) and pushed Djokovic into two tiebreakers. Raonic led in both frames but failed to hold his serve -- and his nerve.Those [key] moments he stepped up and played well, Raonic explained afterward. I just maybe hesitated a little bit too much.In Saturdays semifinal, most likely against Murray, Raonic will have to fly into those momentous occasions at full speed. Cheap NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China China NFL Hoodies Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen