Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

nt up a point Saturday. Besides Feldman, Travis Wood has opened the season with eight consecutive quality starts and Jeff Samard

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 13.09.2018 01:58
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Amare Stoudemire isnt done yet.After retiring from the NBA on July 26, Stoudemire signed a two-year contract Monday to play for Israeli team Hapoel Jerusalem.Stoudemire said the decision was very emotional for him and his family. The six-time NBA All-Star has visited Jerusalem on multiple occasions, but said getting the opportunity to play in Jerusalem will be a spiritual journey.Shortly after signing a five-year, $100 million contract with the New York Knicks in the summer of 2010, Stoudemire traveled to Israel to explore what he believed might be Hebrew roots through his mother, Carrie. Stoudemire has a Star of David tattoo and knows multiple Hebrew phrases.My interests in playing in Israel, at this moment that dream has come true, Stoudemire said. Im now able to play for Hapoel Jerusalem. A team that Im looking forward to playing with.With the Israeli and American flag both present at Stoudemires news conference at Madison Square Garden, he signed his contract, put on his new team hat and showed off his new Hapoel Jerusalem jersey.Its like a dream come true, Stoudemire said. When I was in high school I always wanted to put on my college hat to show what school I was going to and never did it. I put on an NBA hat.Stoudemire and his wife, Alexis, will travel to Jerusalem next week to look at schools for his four children. After returning to their Florida home for a week, the family will make the move to Jerusalem in late August for training camp -- the same time when school will start back up as well.My wife and I always talked about living abroad and experiencing different cultures, and what better culture to experience for us than living in Jerusalem? Stoudemire said.This isnt Stoudemires first interaction with Hapoel Jerusalem. The 6-foot-10 forward was part of an ownership group that purchased the team in 2013. As part of his new contract with Hapoel Jerusalem, he will sell his shares to majority owner Ori Allon.Jerusalem is a very special city as you guys know and Amare is a very special person, other than the fact that he is a very good basketball player, Allon said. Im very excited about this and the whole city of Jerusalem is celebrating right now.Stoudemire has high hopes for his career in Israel.Just go on YouTube and look up the top 100 plays for Amare Stoudemire, Stoudemire said. Thats what they (the fans) are going to get.Hapoel Jerusalem won the 2014-15 Israeli Basketball League title and will compete in the 2016-17 EuroCup tournament.At 33 years old, injuries in his knees had been a lingering issue, but Stoudemire said he felt great in his last NBA season with the Miami Heat, and wanted to retire from the NBA on a healthy note.I look at this not even as a retirement, Stoudemire said. I look at it as graduation because the NBA is a fraternity. Its like a school.Stoudemire is a 14-year NBA veteran who was the No. 9 pick in the 2002 draft by the Suns and averaged 21.4 points. He had just led the Suns to the 2010 Western Conference finals before joining his former coach, Mike DAntoni, in New York. College Basketball Jerseys Store . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. http://www.cheapncaabasketballjerseys.com/ . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. Cheap Jerseys From China . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. NCAA Basketball Jerseys Online .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs got another strong performance from Scott Feldman on Saturday, and Matt Garza is set to return to the mound on Tuesday. One of the worst teams in the NL Central has one of the leagues best rotations. Feldman pitched shutout ball into the seventh inning and drove in two runs with a big two-out double, helping the Cubs to an 8-2 victory over the New York Mets. The Cubs have won five of seven and can win three straight series for the first time with a victory on Sunday. Anthony Rizzo had two hits and his first home run since signing a seven-year contract on Monday. Chicago announced before the game that Garza will come off the disabled list to pitch Tuesday in Pittsburgh, with Carlos Villanueva shuffling to the bullpen. Garza, who had 15 wins with Tampa Bay in 2010, has been out all season with a strained lat muscle. "If these guys keep throwing the ball the way they have the first six weeks and with Garza coming back, you dont expect a whole lot right away," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. "But once he gets settled in, its got a chance to be pretty nice, if not one of the top rotations in the league right now." The Cubs (18-24) were going for their first shutout since a victory over Colorado on Aug. 26, but Rick Ankiel broke it up with a two-run homer off Hector Rondon with one out in the ninth. Feldman (4-3) allowed seven hits, struck out six and walked one in 6 2-3 innings. The right-hander improved to 4-0 with a 1.27 ERA in five games since he lost each of his first three starts in his first year with the Cubs. "I feel healthy, my arm feels good. Mechanically everything feels a lot better than it did in spring training," Feldman said. "Just keep working on that stuff and try and keep it that way for the rest of the season here." Feldman lifted the Cubs to 26 quality starts, tied with Washington for third in the NL. Chicagos starters also have held opponents to a .226 average, which actually went up a point Saturday. Besides Feldman, Travis Wood has opened the season with eight consecutive quality starts and Jeff Samardzija has 64 strikeouts through nine starts. "Its awesome, its a good feeling. We got Garza coming back and hopefully he just fits right in and gels like the rest of the staff," Rizzo said. "We know if we go and score some runs, were going to be in the game and have a chance to win." Mets starter Jeremy Hefner lost his fifth straight decision to start the season. Hefner (0-5) was charged with four runs and five hits in four innings in his shortest start since he pitched four innings against Washington on April 20.dddddddddddd "I wouldnt say its weighing on me," Hefner said of his winless start. "I want to win, I want the team to win and obviously we didnt do that today. Got to make some adjustments and be better in the next one." New York, which was trying to win three straight games for the second time this season, squandered a couple of chances to get off to a fast start. The Mets put runners on the corners in the first when Ike Davis flied out for the second out. David Wright then stole second, but David DeJesus hauled in Lucas Dudas fly ball to deep left-centre at the wall to end the inning. New York had runners on second and third again in the second, but Mike Baxter popped out to shortstop to end the inning. Chicago then scored four times in the fourth inning. Luis Valbuena had a sacrifice fly and Welington Castillo singled in Alfonso Soriano. After Darwin Barney flied out for the second out, Feldman came up with a two-run double to give the Cubs a 4-0 lead. Rizzo tacked on his 10th homer in the fifth and Nate Schierholtz went deep in Chicagos three-run eighth inning. "Whenever you get an opportunity to get runs, you gotta seize those opportunities," Rizzo said. "It was good to get the big inning there, then towards the end with the insurance runs. Thats what we need to do." Daniel Murphy went 2 for 4 for New York and is batting .500 (14 for 28) in his last seven games. But Davis continued to struggle, going 0 for 4 to fall to 4 for 39 over his last 11 games. Davis said he spoke to general manager Sandy Alderson, who told him he wasnt getting sent down in the near future. "As long as I keep cool, start having good at-bats and start performing better it wont happen," Davis said. NOTES: Saturday was the 700th game between the Mets and Cubs. Chicago leads the series 352-348. ... Rizzos home run off Robert Carson was his fourth against left-handed pitching, matching his total from last season. ... The Mets are appealing to Major League Baseball to get the second earned run charged Friday to Matt Harvey changed to an unearned run. ... Baxter started in right field for the Mets instead of Jordany Valdespin. Mets manager Terry Collins said he made the decision because Baxter was better at facing an off-speed pitcher like Feldman. ... The Cubs havent lost a series to the Mets at Wrigley Field since 2007. ... Sundays pitching matchup is the Mets Dillon Gee (2-5, 6.13 ERA) against Wood (4-2, 2.03 ERA). Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Discount Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen