Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

s 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. Mal Meninga will use the NRL All Stars to run hi

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 06.09.2018 02:06
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The NBA is making tremendous progress toward avoiding any possibility of a work stoppage -- with an assist from Michael Jordan.While Adam Silver cautioned that a deal is not done-done yet, the commissioner optimistically reported that the NBA and the Players Association are closing in on an extension for the collective bargaining agreement. The current CBA expires in June 2021 but both sides have until Dec. 15 to opt out in 2017.That sounds as if it wont be necessary, in part due to the cooperation between Silver and NBA Players Association executive director Michele Roberts, with help from Jordans clutch touch -- this time as owner of the Charlotte Hornets.Let me just single out one owner in particular, Michael Jordan, Silver said during his upbeat update on CBA negotiations this week following the Board of Governors meetings in Manhattan.I think having Michael Jordan as part of our negotiating committee, the unique perspective he brings to the bargaining table because of his playing career, having been, of course, a superstar player. Now for players to see him in that position, it doesnt mean that if Michael says it, it necessarily means that they accept that as the position they should take. But I think thats really added a special element unique to this league.As a player, Jordan once famously snapped at former Washington Wizards?owner Abe Pollin during a 1998-99 labor meeting between players and owners when talks were contentious.Now as an owner, Jordans influence on the players is positive for the NBA, according to Silver.I think [Jordans presence], that added an enormous amount to the atmosphere in the room, Silver said.Before this current CBA, previous negotiations led to a five-month work stoppage that shortened the 2011-12 season by 16 games. But there is strong incentive for both owners and players to continue the current healthy state of affairs with contracts and TV money at unprecedented levels.We dont want to strike and they dont want to strike, the Knicks Carmelo Anthony, who serves on the unions executive committee, said recently. So the best thing to do is really figure it out sooner rather than later.I think [in the 2011 negotiation] we were so far away from each other, Anthony later added. You can feel the difference, you can see the difference, you can see the reaction, you can see the contact were having, the information thats being sent on both sides. I think were closer to getting something done. Hopefully itll get done soon.Silver credited the players who are most involved with the Players Association, from Chris Paul, president of the union, to LeBron James, Anthony, James Jones and Kyle Korver.But Silver said the tone of negotiations has been better than in the past in large part due to his working relationship thus far with Roberts.Micheles word is we both agreed to be adults in this process, Silver said. ... There hasnt been agreement on everything. I think theres been a healthy back and forth, but I think its begun from a basis of trust. I credit Michele Roberts enormously with coming in with that perspective, with being very professional about how she and her colleagues and the players went about this negotiation.Were on our way toward getting an extension done of this collective bargaining agreement, and Im very pleased to report that, Silver noted. Hopefully we will be back to all of you in the not-too-distant future to say that negotiations have been completed, but were not quite there yet. But I continue to be optimistic. Soccer Jerseys China . Despite the cost, effort and an improved steroid test, its possible that very few -- if any -- positives will be detected, Dr. Richard Budgett told The Associated Press in an interview. "We just dont know what the results from Torino will be," Budgett said. Soccer Jerseys Wholesale . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. http://www.cheapjerseyssoccerauthentic.com/ . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Online . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Soccer Jerseys From China . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. Mal Meninga will use the NRL All Stars to run his eye over Jarryd Hayne as he prepares to unleash the crosscode star at next years World Cup.The Gold Coast superstar fullback headlined the 20-man squad named by World All Stars coach Meninga for the February 10 clash against the Indigenous All Stars in Newcastle.While Hayne has in the past haunted Meninga, he is shaping as Australias x-factor ahead of next years World Cup defence on home soil.The former San Francisco 49er will be a big part of the Australian coachs plans next year and the All Stars will give him an early chance to assess the 28-year-old.Former Queensland coach Meninga is acutely aware of Haynes game-breaking ability and remembers well his series-defining performance during NSWs State of Origin win in 2014.He did cause a lot of problems for Queensland, Meninga said.Im not quite sure where the Titans are going to use him, fullback may be his best position but its nice to have him in the All Stars.Ive worked with Jarryd before in the PMs XIII concept and I think the players will be eexcited about playing with Jarryd.ddddddddddddThere are still several questions to be answered about Hayne including where Titans coach Neil Henry will play him next year.Upon his return to rugby league late last year, he was at times used at five-eighth but with the Titans likely to roll out a young halves combination of Ashley Taylor and Kane Elgey, Hayne looks set to wear the No.1 again.And while he showed glimpses of his brilliance in his six NRL appearances at the back end of 2016, he is yet to recapture his best form.Meninga predicted he would be a different player with a full pre-season under his belt after coming back to the NRL underdone after stints in the NFL and Rugby Sevens.Itll make a massive, massive difference. He came back and wasnt rugby league fit, Meninga said.It took him a while to find his feet. An off-season for him and being fit and healthy, it will pay enormous dividends for him and the club. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Hoodies Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Camo China NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen