Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

nt think twice about it," McKenry said. "It was on me, it was my fault. I feel awful about it." After a rough patch of the seaso

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 02.08.2018 08:09
von jokergreen0220 • 1.635 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- The Pittsburgh Penguins were wrapping up practice Friday when Tanner Glass grabbed an iPad mini and skated around the temporary rink in the middle of Soldier Field. Howard Wilson Browns Jersey . The 30-year-old Canadian forward smiled as he captured the chilly scene, which took him all the way back to when he first learned to skate at his grandparents farm. "As I grew up, there was an outdoor rink right beside by the main rink," said Glass, a native of Regina, Saskatchewan. "So even tournaments, wed have our real game inside and then wed all just take half our gear off and run across to the outdoor rink and play all day. It reminds me of that and kind of the good old days." Yup, these outdoor games still have an allure for NHL players, especially when they involve two of the best teams in the league. The league gets a marquee prime-time finish for its successful Stadium Series when Sidney Crosby and the Penguins take on Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday night at the home of the NFLs Chicago Bears. "Youve got two pretty fast, skilled hockey teams and if the ice can kind of agree with everyone I think that would make for a pretty good product out there," Crosby said. The forecast calls for light snow and temperatures in the teens, but each team has some experience with the pratfalls of playing outside. Chicago lost 6-4 to rival Detroit in the 2009 Winter Classic at Wrigley Field. Crosby had the winning shootout goal when visiting Pittsburgh beat Buffalo 2-1 in the first Winter Classic in 2008, but the Penguins lost 3-1 to Washington when they hosted the 2011 game at Heinz Field. Now the Blackhawks and Penguins return to the great outdoors for their first meeting since Pittsburghs 3-2 victory on Dec. 20, 2011. Its their first game in Chicago since Patrick Kane had the only shootout goal in the Blackhawks 3-2 win on Feb. 20 of that year. While scheduling and the leagues most recent labour dispute have kept the teams apart, the players are plenty familiar with one another. Team captains Crosby and Toews face off for the first time in an NHL regular-season game after leading Canada to the gold medal in the Sochi Olympics last weekend. Crosby, Toews and Penguins forward Chris Kunitz scored in their countrys 3-0 victory in the final against Sweden, which included Marcus Kruger, Johnny Oduya and Niklas Hjalmarsson of the Blackhawks. Penguins coach Dan Bylsma got a chance to see Kane up close when he was behind the bench for Team USA in Russia. "Ive learned quite a bit about his competitiveness," Bylsma said. "You kind of see the smile. Its certainly a ton of skill how he plays the game, but I was impressed by it and learned just the competitiveness that he has and brings to the game. Skill-wise you see it live." The first NHL game at Soldier Field also features two teams in need of a win. The Penguins are coming off a 6-5 shootout loss to Montreal, while the Blackhawks lost 2-1 at the New York Rangers on Thursday night. Chicago, which almost tied the game against the Rangers in the final seconds, is playing its first game in the Windy City since Jan. 26. "Everybody is excited for Saturday," centre Peter Regin, who scored the only goal against New York, said Thursday night. "Obviously we were hoping to get a different outcome tonight, but we play in two days. That is the good thing about the NHL, you play every second night, so its not so long before you can redeem yourself." E.J. Gaines Jersey . Watch the action live on TSN and listen on TSN 1050 Radio beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. The Raptors maintained their spot atop the Atlantic Friday after defeating the Wizards, 96-88, for their second win in a row. T. J. Carrie Browns Jersey . They signed their first kicker. Ottawa inked Nick Setta, a 32-year-old native of Lockport, Illinois, to a contract. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Jarvis-Landry-Jersey/ . De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to win his sixth consecutive decision, Todd Helton homered and the Colorado Rockies snapped the Los Angeles Dodgers six-game winning streak with a 7-5 victory on Wednesday night.PHOENIX -- David Peralta jabbed a couple steps to get his timing right, then raced toward home. The pitch was low, the throw back to the mound high and Peralta was safe with Arizonas first steal of home in seven years. "It was the perfect storm," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. Peraltas dash helped the Diamondbacks bounce back from a three-game sweep by Kansas City with a 5-3 victory over the listless Colorado Rockies on Friday night. Miguel Montero provided the early highlight for Arizona, hitting a three-run homer off Tyler Matzek (2-7) in the first inning. Not much else happened between the NL Wests two worst teams after that. Matzek adeptly worked around baserunners after Monteros homer and Arizonas Chase Anderson (7-4) fought through a high pitch count for five effective innings. Peralta provided some life in the seventh inning. The rookie doubled in the first inning and notched his 24th multi-hit game since June 1 with a run-scoring triple off Rex Brothers in the seventh to put the Diamondbacks up 4-1. Arizonas coaches had noticed Colorado catcher Michael McKenry had a tendency to lob the ball back to the pitcher and Peralta, with some encouragement from teammate Cliff Pennington, took advantage for Arizonas first steal of home since Chris Young did it in 2007. The run proved to be a big one. Colorados Corey Dickerson and DJ LeMahieu had run-scoring singles in the ninth inning before Addison Reed struck out Charlie Blackmon to end the game. Colorado has lost 10 of 12. "I gave a quick glance and didnt really see much, and threw it right back and didnt think twice about it," McKenry said. "It was on me, it was my fault. I feel awful about it." After a rough patch of the season, Anderson has rounded back into form. The rookie right-hander lost four straight following a five-win start to his career before striinging together four quality outings since July 7. Tyrod Taylor Browns Jersey. Anderson was sharp against the Rockies, making one mistake: the towering homer by McKenry. Anderson allowed three other hits and struck out six. He has allowed two earned runs or less in 11 of 14 starts and has a 1.74 ERA over his last five. "Its nice because you can kind of settle in, throw fastballs a little bit more early in the count," Anderson said of having an early lead. "You can let them swing a little bit." Matzek has struggled on the road this season, entering Fridays game 0-3 with a 6.11 ERA in six games, including five starts. Matzek allowed three runs, four hits and walked five in five innings. "I walked a few people but overall I felt pretty good," Matzek said. FLASHING PHONES Taking a cue from Cincinnati Reds fans, Arizonas fans started flashing the lights from their phones all around the ballpark in the ninth inning. Reds fans flashed their phones during an extra-inning game last month and Diamondbacks fans did it once before during the current homestand. TRAINING ROOM Rockies: Left-hander Brett Anderson underwent an MRI on Friday to determine if he has a disk problem in his back. He left Tuesdays game against the Chicago Cubs in the fourth inning due to back spasms. Diamondbacks: Outfielder A.J. Pollock, out with a broken right hand, is 2 for 18 with a double and a run scored in five rehab games with Triple-A Reno and Arizonas rookie league team. UP NEXT Rockies: Left-hander Jorge De La Rosa, Saturdays starter, has 24 strikeouts with two walks over his last three starts. Diamondbacks: Right-hander Trevor Cahill has had two straight quality starts heading into Saturdays game against the Rockies, allowing four earned runs in 13 innings. He allowed a run in seven innings against Pittsburgh in his last start, but did not factor in the decision. Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Discount Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Throwback Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen