Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

009-12.Youre talking about a monumental accomplishment there, Arizona State coach Todd Graham said of Gonzalez. Im proud of Zane

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.07.2018 01:20
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- In what has been a lost season for him to this point, Chicago White Sox pitcher James Shields believes theres still time to take something positive out of it.Shields overcame some early struggles in a quality start on Saturday night before Whit Merrifield hit a go-ahead, two-run double in a three-run seventh inning that gave the Kansas City Royals a 6-5 victory.I havent been the spoiler too often in my career, said Shields, a one-time Royals mainstay. I mean, we want to be that team that finishes strong and has a good thought process going into the off-season.Two of my last three (starts) have been pretty good, so well see how it goes.Shields, who helped the Royals reach the 2014 World Series, allowed three runs and four hits. He avoided his 18th loss despite moving into the major league lead with 37 home runs allowed.The 34-year-old Shields has two years and $22 million left on his contract.Absolutely, I want to be here, said Shields, who reported no issues with his recent back problem. Im planning on it. My contract says Im going be back here.Royals closer Wade Davis gave up a single to Tyler Saladino and a double to Adam Eaton to lead off the ninth before Melky Cabreras infield single cut the deficit to one.With the tying run on third and one out, Davis struck out Jose Abreu and Justin Morneau for his 23rd save as the Royals remained four games behind Baltimore for the second AL wild card.We had a shot at `em, Chicago manager Robin Ventura said. I mean, you really dont get that many opportunities against Wade. He proves every time he goes out there how good he is.Eric Hosmer hit a two-run homer in the first and Alex Gordon a solo shot in the fourth off Shields. The struggling righty exited after six innings leading 4-3 before the Chicagos bullpen faltered.Chris Beck (2-2) was charged with three runs while giving up two hits and a walk and getting one out.Davis was the last of five relievers after Edinson Volquez, who allowed four runs and nine hits over five innings.Kevin McCarthy (1-0) got the last out of the sixth and Joakim Soria struck out two in a perfect eighth to earn his first major league victory.I still havent wrapped my head around the whole being up here yet, McCarthy said. My head is still spinning.Morneau doubled twice and drove in a run in a two-run fifth as the White Sox went ahead 4-3.Abreu drove in his 90th run and Saladino went 3 for 4 to leave him 9 for 12 in the past three games.Volquez allowed the leadoff batter to reach in all five innings, but the Royals overcame Chicagos 12 hits for their fourth win in 10 games.THE MORE, THE MERRIFIELDMerrifield, a 27-year-old rookie forced into duty thanks to Kansas Citys numerous injuries, has driven in 21 runs in 60 games.MORNEAUS FUTUREMorneau, signed in June to a one-year deal, will decide after the season whether to try to play in 2016. Hes 35.Oh, hes got something left, Ventura said. He can play next year if he wants to.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: C Salvador Perez (bruised right wrist) returned after a two-game absence. ... RF Lorenzo Cain (sore left wrist) was sidelined again after he had discomfort swinging in his return Friday. The Royals say they want to wait a week before deciding if hell be shut down for the season. Cain declined comment after the game.White Sox: Ventura said its unlikely 2B Brett Lawrie, who last played July 21, returns this season. Lawrie remains in Arizona dealing with nagging knee pain after originally being sidelined with a hamstring injury. Its become a long shot at this point just because hes been out so long, Ventura said.UP NEXTWhite Sox ace Chris Sale (15-7, 3.07 ERA) faces RHP Ian Kennedy (10-9, 3.76) in the series finale Sunday. Cheap Womens Hornets Jerseys . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Charlotte Hornets Jerseys Online . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. http://www.cheaphornetsjerseys.us/ . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Miles Bridges Jersey . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. China Hornets Jerseys . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Arizona State?kicker Zane Gonzalez is the new NCAA record holder for field goals in a career.Gonzalez hit from 35, 23 and 46 yards in Saturday nights 23-20 win over?UCLA to reach 89 career field goals, passing?Florida States Dustin Hopkins, who had 88 from 2009-12.Youre talking about a monumental accomplishment there, Arizona State coach Todd Graham said of Gonzalez. Im proud of Zane. Thats huge.The Sun Devils needed all of those 3-point tries after sputtering ooffensively in the first half and watching backup quarterback Brady White limp off with a right leg injury in the fourth quarter.ddddddddddddn Gonzalezs career, he has connected on 89 of 111 attempts (80.2 percent). He broke former UCLA kicker Kai Forbaths Pac-12 record (85) last week.The Associated Press contributed to this report.? Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen