Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

he ring. I represent my family first and my country and that alone will not let me fail.Said DiBella: I know that the champion B

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.07.2018 01:20
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The Washington Nationals have placed Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow soreness.The right-hander was willing to pitch through the pain for the National League East-leading Nationals, but manager Dusty Baker had other plans.I told him we hadnt won anything yet and that we had to look at the big picture, Baker said Monday. Hopefully hell be good in September and hopefully in October.Baker expected Strasburg (15-3, 3.59 ERA) to spend the minimum amount of time on the DL.He knows how bad we need him to pitch, the manager said. I had to explain to him that its not hero time.Washington recalled pitcher A.J. Cole from Triple-A Syracuse. Cole will replace Strasburg as the Nationals starting pitcher Monday against the Baltimore Orioles.Asked if he considered it to be a precautionary move and if hell be back for the postseason, Strasburg said: A hundred percent I think I was good enough to go, but the recovery in between was becoming more of a challenge.I felt like I was losing range of motion and wasnt able to get that back in between starts, so Im trying to make it better than it ever was, I guess, he said. Hopefully thatll translate to some good performance down the road.After bolting to a 15-1 start this season, Strasburg was 0-3 with a 14.66 ERA over his past three outings.The recovery after each start started to get a little bit more difficult, the 28-year-old said.Strasburg missed 17 games from June 19 to July 3 while on the disabled list with an upper-back strain. Hed hoped to avoid another trip to the DL, but Baker and general manager Mike Rizzo decided it was the right thing to do.We put him on the DL, and hopefully he comes back in 15 days stronger than ever and can recharge and be really strong at the end, Rizzo said. The position that were in at this time in the season, better off getting him right now to fully strong for the tail end of the season.?Rizzo said Strasburg undergoing a precautionary MRI is is a possible option.We have one from when he signed his extension, so we feel we have our arms around whats going on, he said.Strasburgs right elbow has been a concern of the team -- and the pitcher -- ever since he underwent elbow ligament replacement surgery in September 2010.?Being a Tommy John guy, getting through the grind of a season, there is just a little more maintenance that has to go with it, he said.Strasburg said he might change his regimen between starts, opting to work less with weights and more on flexibility.Your arm works a little bit differently when you do have surgery like that, he said.Strasburgs performance recently suggested it was better just to take a seat for a couple of weeks or so.Hes going to be around for a long time ... Baker said. This is what I had to convince him, that the risk isnt worth the gain right now.ESPNs Eddie Matz and?The Associated Press contributed to this report. Cheap Bulls Jerseys Authentic .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Cheap Bulls Jerseys ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. http://www.wholesalebullsjerseys.com/chandler-hutchison-jersey/ . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Cheap Bulls Jerseys For Sale .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Cheap Stitched Bulls Jerseys .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. First middleweight titleholder Billy Joe Saunders called out unified titleholder Gennady Golovkin and then promptly turned down a career-high seven-figure payday to face him.Then, when offered a guaranteed fight with superstar Canelo Alvarez if he would first defeat Gabriel Rosado, Willie Monroe Jr. or Curtis Stevens -- his camps choice -- in the co-feature of Alvarezs fight with Liam Smith on Sept. 17, Saunders rejected all of those second-tier opponents.Englands Saunders (23-0 12 KOs) wanted only to face unknown Russian Artur Akavov (16-1 7 KOs), but since he was not even a second-tier contender and was wholly unknown, Golden Boy declined to put that fight on Alvarezs card.But on Friday, Saunders got his man. He will face Akavov on Oct. 22 at the Motorpoint Arena Cardiff, Wales, promoter Frank Warren announced.After turning down the fight with Golovkin, Saunders was scheduled to make his first title defense against Ukraines Max Bursak on April 30 in London, but pulled out after suffering a left hand injury.Then Saunders, 27, was supposed to make his first defense on the Tyson Fury-Wladimir Klitschko II undercard on Oct. 29 in Manchester, England, but the fight was moved up one week when the heavyweight championship rematch was canceled last week due to Furys withdrawal.Now he will make defense No. 1 against fellow southpaw Akavov, nearly a year after he eked out a majority decision to win the 160-pound belt from Irelands Andy Lee in December.Nothing comes easy in boxing and Im definitely not taking Akavov for granted, Saunders said. Hes a strong fighter and very dangerous and if I dont come in 100 percent, then he could cause an upset in my first title defense. Im going to make sure Im in the shape of my life and give Akavov the toughest nightt hes ever had.dddddddddddd Hes never been stopped before so this is going to be a first for him.Warren still hopes to still make an Alvarez-Saunders or Golovkin-Saunders unification fight in 2017 but said Saunders needed to get back into the ring before either is possible.This is Bills first fight in 10 months, Warren said. The Russian is a tough guy who is capable of making things awkward. Hopefully, Bill will shake off the ring rust with a successful defense to set up a super fight for early [in the new] new year.Akavov, 28, has won 11 fights in a row since an eight-round unanimous decision loss to novice pro Oleg Liseev in 2012 in Russia, but he has never faced even a fringe contender. He has fought all but four of his bouts in Russia with two in Estonia and his past two in New York after linking up with promoter Lou DiBella.I know why they picked me as an opponent, Akavov said. Although I am very honored and proud to fight for the WBO world championship, at the same time, I promise to prove that the Saunders camp [was] gravely mistaken with whatever they were expecting of me in the ring. I represent my family first and my country and that alone will not let me fail.Said DiBella: I know that the champion Billy Joe Saunders is a professional, so I hope hes not looking past Akavov. Artur Akavov is a tough SOB who will bring the fight to Billy Joe. If this is a keep busy fight, the champion better be prepared for a tough night. Artur is no joke.British junior middleweight champion Liam Williams (15-0-1, 10 KOs), 24, of Wales, is also on the card in a defense against Londons 28-year-old Ahmet Patterson (17-0, 7 KOs). Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen