Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

yed all moments when I was there in Cincinnati with my old team." TAKING IT ALL IN Four-year-old Edwin Encarnacion Jr. was sitt

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 03.02.2020 14:19
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The Cincinnati Bengals have released struggling kicker Mike Nugent, days after he missed his sixth extra point of the season.Nugent, an Ohio native and All-American at Ohio State, has been with the Bengals since the 2010 season. He set Bengals records in 2011 with 132 points and 33 field goals made, and also shares the franchise record for longest regular-season field goal (55 yards).Mike is a tremendous teammate and has been an integral part of the Bengals for seven seasons, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said in a news release. This was a difficult decision, but one we felt was in the best interest of the football team moving forward. We have enjoyed getting to know Mike over the years and wish him the best.The team picked up Randy Bullock off waivers from the Pittsburgh Steelers in his place.It has been a difficult season for Nugent, who was 23-of-29 on field goals in addition to the missed extra points. Nugent missed an extra point attempt in four straight games, in addition to a missed PAT against the Redskins, a game that ended in a tie.Nugent drew the ire of fans this season for his repeated misses, and he was booed at Paul Brown Stadium while lining up for kicks last week.You have to earn the cheers and earn the respect, and Im not doing that right now, Nugent told ESPN after the game Sunday. To be honest with you, Im earning the reactions with the way Im kicking. I think the last couple of weeks Ill have really good days and really good weeks except for one kick.The Bengals have stuck by Nugent all season and Lewis did not seem inclined to release him in lieu of one of the available kickers on the market before Tuesday. However, Bullock became available this week. He appeared in one game with the Steelers.Lewis said Nugents struggles were a little more technical than mental, but for a kicker thats all the same, its like a golf swing.Its really contagious this year (kickers misses) and I dont know why its been what its been but its just part of it. But theyve got to make the kick because if youre in a tight football game its an emotional thing you dont want to go through ... when you score a point and you go for two and you dont get it, its almost like a win for the defense. It takes away from what you just did.Bullock is 3-for-4 on extra points this season in two games with the Giants and Steelers. He is 95.8 percent on PATs in his four-year career, and has made 81.3 percent of his field goals. Bullock has had stints with the Texans, Jets, Giants and Steelers since 2012.The Bengals play the Steelers this week. Avalanche Jerseys 2021 .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Stitched Avalanche Jerseys . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. https://www.cheapavalanche.com/ . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Custom Colorado Avalanche Jerseys . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Colorado Avalanche Shirts . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human.NEW YORK -- Edwin Encarnacion needed no further prompting when asked what the Blue Jays needed to most improve upon in the second half. "I think the starting pitching," he said. "If we want to win, we know and they know we need to pitch better." The numbers back up Encarnacions statement. Whats more, Encarnacions All-Star numbers give him the platform to offer an opinion few other position players could share. Toronto enters the break with the second-highest starters ERA in baseball. At 5.07, only Minnesotas (5.23) ranks worse. Pundits figured the Twins would have a poor rotation but R.A. Dickey, Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle were supposed to be the backbone of a revamped Blue Jays rotation that would propel the club to its first playoff appearance in 20 years. Encarnacion is hitting .264/.345/.476. He has 25 home runs and his 67 since the start of 2012 are third most in baseball behind Miguel Cabrera and Chris Davis. Hes a leader, respected not only in his own clubhouse but around the game. "We have the talent in the clubhouse and I know the pitchers can do better than theyve been doing," he said. "We just need to focus in the games and I know things are going to change." Jose Bautista, voted to New York City by the fans, pointed the finger at himself. "Were totally capable of playing a lot better baseball than weve shown," said Bautista. "We just need to play better as a team. Like I said earlier today, Im number one on that list. Ive been very inconsistent this year and I need to pick it up some and bring that consistency that I know I can bring to the table and bring more of a steady production and help the team win more games." Trade talk will intensify once the schedule resumes later in the week. The July 31 non-waiver trade deadline is looming. Toronto has been linked to the Cubs Matt Garza, to the extent that scouts have been watching his starts, but general manager Alex Anthopoulos says he wont acquire a rental player. Garzas contract is expiring so he falls into the hands off category. Whether or not moves are made is irrelevant to at least one Blue Jays All-Star. "I would take the perspective of that (Alex) doesnt think we need to make a move because he thinks we can do it with what we have," said Brett Cecil. "Thats just me personally. I would hope all the guys, even without talks of trade or anything, would think that we could do it without any types of moves or anything like that and I would hope guys would take it that way if we didnt make a move." The Blue Jays are 45-49, in last place in the American League East, 11.5 games behind division-leading Boston. Toronto is 8.5 games behind Texas for the second American League wild card spot. BORAS TALKS PEDs In the wake of ESPN reports that Major League Baseball will seek to suspend as many as 20 players with alleged links to Biogensis, super agent Scott Boras put out the call for due process. "If we have positive analytical we have no issue," said Boras. "Now were in an area where weve got negative analytical and yet weve got circumstantial pursuit on non-analytical cases. That is in the rules, that is in the rules but it is causing a problem in the game. The problem is its affecting the masses that are innocent. Its affecting the integrity of the game and we have to look at that as to how we approach that. Do we allow the witch hunts? Do we allow the early speculation?" Among those with allleged links to Biogenesis, a now defunct Miami-based anti-aging clinic that peddled performance enhancing drugs, are the Yankees Alex Rodriguez and Milwaukees Ryan Braun.dddddddddddd. Rodriguez is an admitted steroid user but he claims to have stopped after departing the Texas Rangers following the 2003 season. Braun, the 2011 National League MVP, tested positive for a banned substance shortly afterward but the case was thrown out when a judge ruled the samples chain of command had been compromised. Others, like Texas Nelson Cruz, have never had a positive test. CONFIDENCE IS KEY Cecil admitted to TSN.ca he lost confidence in himself during his trying seasons of 2011 and 2012. Its a fragile thing. "I think a lot of players would tell you that its not because they have all the confidence in the world in themselves," he said. "Sometimes its not necessarily the most truthful thing thats coming out of their mouths. I know as far as me, I mean I told you guys, 2011 and 2012 I still had all the confidence in the world but I really didnt, I really didnt." Prior to his scoreless inning in Baltimore on Saturday, Cecil had allowed runs in two consecutive appearances for the first time all season. He admitted, even then despite his brilliant year, his confidence began to waver. The difference now? Cecil trusts his repertoire. "Back in 2011, 2012, even when I had a good outing I still didnt know if my stuff was good enough to play up here and when I got knocked around I really didnt think it was good enough to play up here," he said. "After the last two outings I know my stuff plays up here and its just a matter of how Im going to deal with the little things that I did wrong and how am I going to take it into my next outing." MUTUAL RESPECT AMONGST VOTTO AND ENCARNACION Edwin Encarnacion and Joey Votto were teammates with the Cincinnati Reds from 2007-2009. Votto, Toronto born and raised, had high praise for an old friend. "Edwin was one of my favourite teammates," said Votto. "Actually, whenever we made the trade for Scott Rolen, for the first month or so whenever Scott would start chirping at me I would tell him how much I miss Edwin. You know, I really miss Edwin, I wish we wouldnt have made that trade, Scott. Im very fond of him and Im really, really happy for his success and I hope he keeps it up because its fun watching him on the highlights hit all of those home runs." "He loved the way I acted," said Encarnacion, whose outgoing personality runs counter to Vottos more reserved countenance. "He loved it. We enjoyed all moments when I was there in Cincinnati with my old team." TAKING IT ALL IN Four-year-old Edwin Encarnacion Jr. was sitting on dads lap during the afternoon media availability session. Each player is seated at his own podium and the assembled media can wander at their leisure. Young Edwin was a trooper. The session was held in the open air of the concourse inside the home plate entrance to Citi Field. With a humidex reading outside of close to 100 degrees Fahrenheit and hundreds of bodies roaming a confined space, it got a little warm. Brett Cecil was looking most forward to having his three-year-old son, Bryton, on the field with him during the home run derby. Steve Delabar had pictures taken with family members including his wife, infant daughter, parents and in-laws, all of whom traveled to New York to share his first time All-Star experience. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen