Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Roman Gonzalez observed the raucous scene in the ring through swollen eyes. His battered ears absorbed the

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 30.01.2020 04:04
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Roman Gonzalez observed the raucous scene in the ring through swollen eyes. His battered ears absorbed the cheers from thousands of fans celebrating his arrival at the apex of Nicaraguas boxing history.Chocolatito had to put in 12 rounds of punishing work for his latest world title, which only made it all the sweeter.Gonzalez won a championship in his fourth weight class Saturday night, taking a unanimous decision over Carlos Cuadras to claim the WBC 115-pound belt at the Forum.The Nicaraguan pound-for-pound star better known by his nickname persevered through a brutal slugfest with Cuadras, who was outstanding on the biggest stage of his career. The fighters traded big shots and frenetic flurries all night, but Chocolatitos remarkable skills earned the victory on all three judges cards: 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113.It was a very difficult fight, Gonzalez said through a translator. It was complicated. We both came in with great conditioning. This is the most difficult fight Ive had.The Associated Press also scored it 115-113 as Gonzalez (46-0) surpassed his mentor, Alexis Arguello, by becoming the first Nicaraguan to win titles in four divisions. Gonzalez landed 322 total punches to Cuadras 257, but both fighters connected on 36 percent of their power shots.Gonzalez acknowledged he had been thoroughly tested by Cuadras (35-1-1), who fearlessly took the stars biggest shots in a name-making performance.(Gonzalez) is relentless, Cuadras said. He just wouldnt stop all night. He never got tired. Its all night long. I felt that I did enough to win the fight. I hit him more tonight than hes ever been hit, and he kept coming, but I felt like his defense was better than I expected.Japans Yoshihiro Kamegai also stopped Mexicos Jesus Soto Karass after the eighth round on the undercard, winning a rematch of their entertaining draw five months ago. Deep into another physical bout, Kamegai (27-3-2, 24 KOs) finally wobbled Soto Karass (28-11-4) with a big right hand in the eighth, and his corner waved off the fight before the ninth round began.The vociferous crowd of 6,714 at the famed arena was thoroughly warmed up for the main event, sending alternating chants of Nicaragua! and Mexico! echoing through the rafters.Gonzalez appeared to lose none of his power or speed when he moved up 3 pounds from flyweight to super flyweight. He attacked Cuadras from the opening moments with relentless combinations, pressuring with his usual stellar footwork and movement.But Cuadras replied with toughness and flair, shuffling his feet to taunt Gonzalez in the middle rounds. He repeatedly caught Chocolatito with creative shots while Gonzalez relentlessly stalked the champion.Blood began dripping from a cut near Cuadras right eye in the ninth round, but Chocolatitos face swelled on the right side in the late rounds. Wearing more damage than he has incurred in several recent fights combined, Gonzalez still had a smile when he claimed his next belt.The 29-year-old Gonzalez has assumed a spot among the top pound-for-pound fighters in boxing during a steady rise through the lightest weight classes. He moved into the U.S. spotlight in his last three bouts by fighting in the co-main events of shows starring Gennady Golovkin, the unbeaten middleweight champion.With Golovkin fighting Kell Brook in London on Saturday, Gonzalez assumed the headlining role at the Forum -- and he was ready for the spotlight.Gonzalez wanted the fourth title to avenge Alexis Arguello, the most accomplished boxer in Nicaraguas history and a longtime mentor to Gonzalez before his death in 2009. Arguello fell just short of a title in a fourth weight class during two memorable losses to Aaron Pryor 34 years ago.I will never be better than Arguello, Gonzalez said. He is the teacher. I am his son. He will always be number one. Fake Ducks Jerseys . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. Adam Henrique Jersey .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. https://www.cheapducks.com/297c-frederik-andersen-jersey-ducks.html . LOUIS -- St. Lubomir Visnovsky Jersey . Hargreaves began his career in 2008 with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and has played with the Edmonton Eskimos and last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Corey Perry Jersey . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. LONDON -- When the tears flowed for Andy Murray after he won Wimbledon for the first time three years ago it was down to the immense relief he felt at finally landing his home Grand Slam.This time, after beating Milos Raonic on Sunday, he indicated that the raw emotion that comes with being a new dad simply burst through the surface.Its special -- having a daughter changes your perspective on things, said Murray, whose wife, Kim, gave birth to Sophia in February.Speaking to ESPNs Tom Rinaldi, he added: I want to make her proud as well so Im playing for something a bit different now.Its a nice distraction from tennis. Before, I took tennis so seriously. Now, at the end of the days I get time to go home and spend with her.Seeing her grow up and change all the time is really nice and hopefully shell be proud of this one day.Murray almost broke down again after admitting to the pride he hoped his little girl would feel, and he wouldnt be the first father to behave differently when considering the thoughts and feelings of his child.Another reason thhe world No.dddddddddddd2 found it hard to control his emotions at the end of the final on Centre Court was the Grand-Slam run he had been on.The 29-year-old made it to the finals of the Australian Open and Roland Garros this year and would have completed a hat-trick of defeats had he misfired against Raonic.Hes also had to deal with an operation since that 2013 victory, going under the knife a few months later. Back surgery was hard and the year after it I found tough, he said.You expect to come back from it and feel great immediately, but it takes time and you lose confidence and physically arent quite the same. It took 9-12 months to start feeling good again.Id lost my level, lost a bit of conditioning and it took time to build that back up, build my confidence back up -- and now Im here.Its been a few years now since I won a slam. There have been a few tough losses, and Im just really happy to have won one again. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen