Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

tudents access $150 billion in grants, loans and aid.Obama, whose parents did not attend college, talked with Latina magazine ab

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 27.01.2020 04:51
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

PHOENIX -- Ryan Schimpf toiled in the minors for seven years waiting for a chance to have a night like this.The 28-year-old rookie homered twice and the San Diego Padres beat Arizona 13-6 on Wednesday night to take two of three from the Diamondbacks.Schimpf has four major league home runs, three in the past two nights.Ive been working and preparing for this moment all the years I spent in the minor leagues, he said, just practicing and playing like I would be here at some point. Thats just kind of how Ive always played. Im definitely happy to be here and grateful for the opportunity.Schimpf was called up from Triple-A El Paso on June 14 to help an injury depleted infield. He was hitting .196 entering Wednesday nights game but manager Andy Green knew the 5-foot-9, 180-pounder could do better.Hes hit 20-plus (home runs) every year the last four years, Green said. It might not look like it in the package but hes got a lot of power.Yangervis Solarte drove in five runs, three on a homer, Wil Myers had three hits and drove in a run and Matt Kemp had a two-run single for the Padres, who scored 13 consecutive runs after Arizona took a 4-0 lead.Schimpf had a two-run shot off Shelby Miller in the Padres five-run fourth inning and a solo home run off Josh Collmenter in the ninth for his first career two-homer game.Miller (2-9) threw three scoreless innings, on one hit, before falling apart in the fourth. Miller, 0-7 at home, allowed six runs in five innings.It was almost like they got something on him, Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale said. It was five runs on 12 pitches. It was quick and they did a good job of getting on the early pitches. It was a tough one to watch. He was so good for three innings. it was like `Is this guy going to throw a nine-inning shutout tonight? then boom.Jose Dominguez (1-0) pitched 1 1/3 innings in relief of starter Colin Rea to get the win. The bases were loaded with two outs and the Padres up by one when Dominguez entered the game and struck out pinch-hitter Rickie Weeks Jr. with a 99 mph fastball.Green called that the biggest moment of the game.Solarte fell a triple shy of the cycle. His three-run homer came off Collmenter in the ninth. Solarte had a run-scoring single in the fourth and an RBI double in the fifth.Brandon Drury and Jake Lamb homered for the Diamondbacks, who finished a 2-7 homestand.Arizona fell to 15-32 at home and is in a virtual tie with San Diego for last place in the NL West.Through three innings, Miller threw just 34 pitches.But the wheels came off in the fourth. The Padres had four straight singles to start the inning and an RBI groundout before Schimpf sent Millers 2-0 pitch into the seats in left field.PADRES MOVESan Diego claimed RHP Jake Smith off waivers from the San Francisco Giants and assigned him to Double-A San Antonio.TRAINERS ROOMDiamondbacks: 2B Jean Segura left the game with a bruised left triceps after being hit by a pitch in the second inning. X-rays were negative. ... Hale said RHP Zack Greinke has thrown lightly with trainers in the training room. Hale said Greinke (strained left oblique) will get on the field when the team goes to San Francisco this week and just play catch and see how it feels.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Drew Pomeranz (7-7, 2.65 ERA) gets the start Thursday night when the Padres open a three-game series against the Dodgers in Los Angeles. RHP Hyun-Jin Ru will come off the DL to make his season debut for the Dodgers.Diamondbacks: Arizona has Thursday off. LHP Patrick Corbin (4-6, 4.90) starts Friday night in the opener of a three-game series in San Francisco. RHP Jeff Samardzija (8-5, 3.97) goes for the Giants. Derland Moore Jersey . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. Wes Chandler Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. http://www.customsaintsjersey.com/custom-fred-mcafee-jersey-large-602e.html . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. George Rogers Jersey . LOUIS -- St. Will Smith Jersey . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. One of Michelle Obamas legacies as first lady will be her commitment to Americas youth and their education, both physical and academic.Her Reach Higher initiative aims to provide inspiration and resources for students to continue their education beyond a high school diploma. Oct. 1 marks the opening of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the federal assistance program that helps students access $150 billion in grants, loans and aid.Obama, whose parents did not attend college, talked with Latina magazine about the initiative, and said, College helped me figure out the direction I wanted my life to take, and I am endlessly grateful for that.During her time at Princeton, Obama deepened her passion for public service, which she listed as one of the nonacademic benefits of college. She also included critical thinking and writing skkills on that list.ddddddddddddut she did have struggles in adjusting to college life.My freshman year at Princeton, I was pretty anxious and homesick, she said. I didnt have any friends. I didnt even bring the right size sheets for my dorm-room bed.The first lady had some practical advice for young people struggling in college: Dont wait to ask for help.Of course, Obama is also well-known for her Lets Move initiative that works to solve childhood obesity. Its no surprise that she provided the inspiration for Nick Offerman as he went through a history of exercise in honor of the 60th anniversary of the Presidents Council on Fitness, Sports, & Nutrition.And just because, you should watch her do carpool karaoke again. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen