Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

g I like is theyre hitting the holes really quick now.Tennessee has needed to run this ball this well because its defense has be

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 27.01.2020 04:50
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson shrugged off chants of Heisman! Heisman! from Cardinals fans and seemed satisfied knowing he had played a role in one of the programs biggest wins.A very big role worthy of all the adulation.Jackson ran for four touchdowns and threw for another as No. 10 Louisville poured it on for a 63-20 victory on Saturday, the most points ever allowed by Florida State.His performance helped Cardinals establish themselves as a title contender in the Atlantic Coast Conference -- and the national crown -- by dismantling the second-ranked Seminoles in one of the worst defeats in FSU history.What was billed as an ACC showdown quickly turned into a rout. And after blowing second-half leads against Florida State the past two years, Louisville kept the pressure on.Jackson ran for 146 yards and four TDs and passed for 216 yards and a score to lead the Cardinals (3-0, 2-0 ACC).The quarterbacks performance raised his season TD total to 18 and drew high praise from none other than NFL free agent Michael Vick, a dual-threat QB himself not long ago at Virginia Tech.Vick tweeted, Lamar Jackson 5x better than what I was at V-Tech....Enough said!! (hash)futureJackson was flattered but took it in stride, I guess its just helping us win, you know? I dont really look at that.Louisville coach Bobby Petrino talked about his quarterbacks poise.Im just proud of how he prepared for the game, how he was able to stay calm, he said. He was able to focus and concentrate.Jackson wasnt the only star in Louisvilles domination.Louisvilles defense chipped in with five sacks. The Cardinals also held FSU (2-1, 0-1) to 284 yards and forced two turnovers. The Seminoles only bright spot was 10 straight points to get within 14-10 before Jackson took over.Florida State scored another 10 points late and avoided its worst loss ever.Give credit to Louisville, they did a great job, FSU coach Jimbo Fisher said. You dont play with fire and let teams get ahead of you.Jaire Alexander contributed two 60-yard punt returns -- including a 69-yarder for a TD -- and a fumble recovery leading to another Louisville score. Brandon Radcliff rushed for 118 yards and a score and Jeremy Smith ran for two TDs.Jackson added to his collection of highlights as he faked one defender and spun off another en route to his final TD run of 47 yards. It followed his interception on the previous series, one sign that he is human.I told my team I owed them four touchdowns, he said. I was like, Im determined to score right here.THE TAKEAWAYFlorida State: The Seminoles seemed out of synch on both sides of the ball but especially defensively, possibly due to the absence of injured defensive back Derwin James . Without him available as a spy, FSU appeared helpless in its efforts to contain Jackson. Dalvin Cook wasnt a factor in rushing for 54 yards on 16 carries.Louisville: The Cardinals seized their moment on the national stage by stepping on the gas instead of wilting in the second half. With so many players stepping up to help Jackson is an encouraging sign as Louisville looks to keep opponents from keying on him.CONCENTRATIONA pause followed Florida States Tarvarus McFaddens apparent breakup of a right sideline pass for James Quick. But the Cardinals senior stayed with the ball, controlling it between his knees and running 44 yards to FSUs 2 to set up a Jackson 1-yard TD run. When I looked down I saw the ball and said I gotta run, Quick said.ALI TRIBUTELouisville paid tribute to late heavyweight champion and hometown hero Muhammad Ali. The Cardinals red chrome helmets featured a white butterfly sticker with Ali in the middle; The Greatests daughter, Laila, was ESPNs celebrity picker; and the school presented Alis family with a framed No. 75 jersey honoring his community service initiative.POLL IMPLICATIONSFlorida State: The Seminoles were never in the game after their first TD and will fall in the Top 25, the question is how far. They had hoped to establish themselves as division favorites and national contenders in the game.Louisville: This was a signature win for the program and now its just a matter of how far the Cardinals will jump in the Top 25 after positioning themselves to contend for a playoff spot.UP NEXT:Florida State: The Seminoles stay on the road and will visit South Florida, seeking redemption along with their third win in four meetings against the Bulls.Louisville: The Cardinals head east on I-64 to face Marshall, looking to end a four-game losing streak against the Thundering Herd.----AP college football website: collegefootball.ap.org Custom Packers Jerseys . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. Custom Rashan Gary Jersey . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. http://www.custompackersjersey.com/ . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. Wholesale Custom Packers Shirts .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. Custom Packers Jersey China . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- The unexpected departure of running back Jalen Hurd hasnt hindered Tennessees rushing attack.In its first two games since Hurd left the team, Tennessee (7-3, 3-3 SEC) has averaged 276.5 yards rushing per game and 8.4 yards per carry. Tennessees robust rushing attack has compensated for the defenses recent inability to stop the run heading into Saturdays game with Missouri (3-7, 1-5).Quarterback Joshua Dobbs, Alvin Kamara and John Kelly each rushed for over 90 yards last week in a 49-36 victory over Kentucky.Me and Alvin just open up so much for the offense, Kelly said after the Kentucky game. There is so much that we have to offer for our offense so we are just taking advantage of the opportunities, and we keep the defense on their heels every time we are out there.Theyve shown that Tennessees backfield still has plenty of firepower even without Hurd.Tennessee coach Butch Jones announced two days after a stunning 24-21 loss at South Carolina that Hurd intended to transfer . Hurd had rushed for a team-high 451 yards at the time of his exit after gaining 899 yards in 2014 and 1,288 yards in 2015. Hurd was just 440 yards shy of the Tennessee career rushing record owned by Travis Henry.Hurds departure expanded Kellys role in the offense, and the sophomore from Detroit has made the most of the opportunity. Kelly has rushed for at least 94 yards in each of Tennessees last three games and is averaging 7.3 yards per carry this season.He runs with passion, and he wants to score every time he touches the ball, Kamara said.Kamara returned to action last week after missing two games with a knee injury, and Tennessee responded by rushing for 376 yards and averaging over 9 yards per carry against Kentucky. That 376-yard output was Tennessees highest single-game rushing total since a 399-yard performance agaiinst Bowling Green in its 2015 season opener.dddddddddddd.The Vols were just six yards away from having three 100-yard rushers in a single game for the first time since 1991. Dobbs rushed for 147 yards, Kamara gained 128 yards and Kelly had 94 yards.Ive always had great belief in all of our backs, Alvin and John and even if we have to go beyond that, offensive coordinator Mike DeBord said. We feel good with our backs and feel we have really good running backs. Theyve all got something different, which is good. They all run hard, too. The other thing I like is theyre hitting the holes really quick now.Tennessee has needed to run this ball this well because its defense has been unable to stop the run.In its last four games against Football Bowl Subdivision opponents, Tennessee has given up 340.8 yards rushing per game and 6.7 yards per carry. Kentucky rushed for 443 yards against Tennessee, which was just three yards shy of the Wildcats single-game school record and represented the third-highest total ever allowed by the Vols.Tennessees front seven on defense has been hurt by season-ending injuries to defensive tackles Kahlil McKenzie and Shy Tuttle and linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin as well as the dismissal of tackle Danny OBrien. Defensive end Corey Vereen noted the Vols also have missed plenty of tackles the last few games.Weve just got to all do our jobs and not try to do too much, defensive back Malik Foreman said. The coaches have got a good scheme laid out for us. I feel if we just all do our jobs and stay within the defense, well be fine.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Steve Megargee at www.twitter.com/stevemegargee ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen