Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

attempt to keep the roll going tomorrow as he chases a third win of the year and 14th US PGA Tour title.ddddddddddddIf I could f

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 24.01.2020 05:31
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

Daryll Cullinan, the former South Africa batsman, has admitted to having contemplated migrating to New Zealand or Australia to play international cricket as a youngster growing up in apartheid South Africa. Speaking on the seventh episode of ESPNcricinfo Talking Cricket, to be aired on Friday on Sony ESPN, Cullinan said his ambition then was limited to playing county cricket because of scant exposure to the international game.In terms of where we were going - not knowing that wed ever get back into international cricket - it was not something that you believed was going to happen, Cullinan said. Thats just our lot, and if you wanted to play international cricket, you would look elsewhere, England or New Zealand, Australia, which I seriously considered, and I had the opportunity to go to New Zealand and go to Australia.[The] primary goal was to do well at first-class cricket and it was more the ambition of playing county cricket because that could offer you a living, and growing up, I really enjoyed squash more, but my father said, No, no, you wont make a living out of playing squash, stick to your cricket. But we always had the intention to go on and study. So, cricket became the means to get to university. It was secondary in your life, but international cricket, no, [we] didnt know much about it.The insular nature of South African politics meant his only window to international cricket was through magazines, Cullinan said: Its not like a kid growing up today, he is growing up with the international cricket. He knows who the superstars are and its a different world today.That was the time [where there was] knowing a bit about cricket and reading up on it, and cricket magazines which we got locally. Our schooling was one of that where the history of the past at that time was what we knew [of] the nations government - black people lived there, white people lived here, and you went to your own schools. There was no integration and we were cut off. Television only arrived, I think, in [19]76, 77, 78, [and even] that was controlled.Recalling the influence of players from the pre-isolation era, like Graeme Pollock, Barry Richards and Mike Procter, Cullinan said Pollock was the icon everyone wanted to emulate. Its early 70s, we were still young kids, so we knew of them, he said. Graeme Pollock was the icon. Barry had left. He played most of his cricket [in] Australia and England, which Graeme never did. So he was the player that everyone looked up to, and wanted to be. He was a true star.Cullinan said the rebel tours in the 80s created enormous excitement, given the shortage of cricket in the country. He admitted, however, there were security concerns surrounding the arrival of black cricketers from the West Indies. We thought, hang on, theres going to be bombs going to go off here, he said. These guys are now going to travel around the country, where are they going to stay? So they actually became honorary whites and they were so loved, but all these sort of things, we thought, well, you know, this was like guys arriving from out of space. And Im not exaggerating. We were still hungry for cricket. I think that was the huge excitement.Cullinan said there wasnt much awareness about the resistance to such tours at that time, as opposed to the fiery agitation that marked the arrival of the Mike Gatting-led English rebel side in 1990. It [the opposition to rebel tours] wasnt spoken about, certainly not on television, in the media, because it was state controlled, it was a shutdown, he said.Watch ESPNcricinfo Talking Cricket at 9.30pm IST on Fridays, and the repeat at 12pm on Sundays, on SONY ESPN Nike Air Max 1 2022 . LOUIS -- St. Fake Nike Air Max 1 . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. https://www.cheapairmax1store.com/ .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Cheap Nike Air Max 1 .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Nike Air Max 1 2021 . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Adam Scott finally stopped thinking about his putting and he has been rewarded for a carefree attitude in the opening US PGA Tour Playoff event.Starting the day seven off the pace, Scott fired a six-under-65 at Bethpage Black to rocket to seven under and into third place for The Barclays.The Queenslander trails American Rickie Fowler (68) by two and sits one back of second placed Patrick Reed (71).World No.1 and defending champion Jason Day is four shots off the lead at five under and tied sixth after a round of 70.Scott started his hot round by holing out for eagle from 95 yards and added six birdies with just two bogeys.After two rounds of fruitless putting, coming off the back of a few months of the same, Scott finally broke the shackles.He made just 30 feet of total putts in the opening round and 58 feet in round two but come Saturday he dropped in a whopping 150 feet of putts.I just really tried to clear my mind, Scott said.When youre not making them and they are always a little bit short, you start thinking about too many things and stroke and line, feel, speed, all this kind of stuff.I just thought, forget about it all and just go with instinct.It was good to just simply forget about everything with the putting, technical and feel and anything, and just kind of look and stroke and not care where it went.For that to be the answer, is nice, because I dont think theres any major issues.Scott wiill attempt to keep the roll going tomorrow as he chases a third win of the year and 14th US PGA Tour title.ddddddddddddIf I could finish the year off the way I started, it would salvage some of the disappointment of not really contending in the majors this year, he added.Day, the defending champion, was left to rue another round of wild driving.He hit just three fairways and with 14 through three rounds he ranks last in the field for driving accuracy.If I can find my golf ball, I might have a good chance at winning the tournament. Today I just had no clue where it was going, Day said.?I was missing both left and right. The biggest thing for me was to try to commit to a golf shot.I was standing over there going, just get it down there somewhere instead of committing to a target, committing to a shot and hitting it.I think if I can have a decent shot at hitting fairways tomorrow, I might give myself an opportunity.Day and Scott are looking to become the first Australian in the 10-year history of the playoffs to win it all at next months Tour Championship, including the $US10million bonus.John Senden, who faces elimination from the playoffs if he doesnt perform well, put his future on the line Sunday after a tough 75 left him tied for 55th.He is on the elimination bubble. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen