Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

a quarterback and his baseball pursuit. He noted a pedal-to-the-metal approach doesnt precisely translate from football to base

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 24.01.2020 05:27
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The storylines will be plentiful Wednesday night when the two teams playing the best basketball so far at the Rio Olympics square off, but no subplot was generating more discussion on the eve of the Group A showdown between then United States and Australia than Kyrie Irving versus Matthew Dellavedova.As recently as late June, Irving and Dellavedova were teammates celebrating their first NBA championship together with the Cleveland Cavaliers. But Dellavedova has since moved on in free agency to the Milwaukee Bucks and, coming off the finest game of his national team career, will now go head to head with Irving in the most anticipated game to date in the mens tournament.The individual matchup generated numerous questions Tuesday before Team USAs afternoon practice at Brazils famed Clube Flamengo, sparked partly because of the Melbourne-born Irvings Aussies roots but mostly because of Dellavedovas reputation for in-your-face defense.Dellys gonna compete, Irving said. Thats all he knows. Im used to that already (from Cavaliers practices), so I dont see it as him being feisty or him being a pest. Hes gonna do what Delly does.Irving then tried to assert that he doesnt think Delly is gonna rank as the all-time peskiest guy Ive ever gone against, but Irving also didnt have a ready response when asked to name a defender hes found peskier.Dellavedova enjoyed a near-perfect outing Monday in Australias 95-80 victory over Serbia, totaling 23 points and 13 assists without a single turnover. He and San Antonio Spurs guard Patty Mills combined for 49 points in the win over Serbia, which followed a 21-point trouncing Saturday of highly rated France to set the tone for whats been a mens tourney filled with upsets already -- excluding games featuring the United States.The Americans have romped to a 2-0 start in Group A with wins over China and Venezuela by a combined 101 points and are frankly in need of a push, having only played one game this summer out of seven so far against what could be considered a legitimate medal contender in Rio: Last months 37-point exhibition cruise in Las Vegas past aging Argentina.Hes just a continuance of the Australian that weve played against in my 11 years, Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski said of Dellavedova and his relentless style.Theyve always played first of all with great spirit and togetherness. As good as they are individually, theyre greater as the sum of those parts.In addition to Dellavedova and Mills, Australia boasts legit NBA size in Dallas Mavericks center Andrew Bogut and Detroit Pistons center Aron Baynes as well as former NBAer David Andersen. Utah Jazz swingman Joe Ingles adds to the Aussies shooting threat.But Krzyzewski is concerned most about Australias pick-and-roll prowess and the passing of Bogut and Dellavedova. Its a much stronger team than the Australian squad Team USA blasted by 33 points in the quarterfinals of the London Olympics in 2012, which Bogut missed thanks to an ankle injury.Im sure Australia sees a lot of things that they can do against us because theyre really good, Krzyzewski said. Australian basketball is terrific. ... They can beat us. We know that and well prepare accordingly.We know that they feel like they can beat us and we understand that, Krzyzewski said.I think it will be a really good game.Said Irving: When I saw the France (score), I was like, OK this will be a great test. We need to be beat up a little bit to prepared for whats ahead.Team USA star Kevin Durant, however, scoffed at the notion that the game will narrow down to a duel between Irving and Dellavedova.Dellys playing well, but hes not getting into no one-on-one matchup (with Irving), Durant said. Kyries a dog; hes an animal. Thats how he approaches the game?.Irving ultimately conceded that Dellavedovas physicality led to a few rough days on the Cavaliers practice floor but said his fondness for the former St. Marys standout is such that theyll be bonded forever.Its been good for the both of us, Irving said of their three seasons together as teammates.Yet when it comes to game day, Irving added: Just like I should be worried about him, he should be worried about me. It goes both ways?. Cheap Flames Jerseys . PAUL, Minn. Wholesale Flames Jerseys . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. https://www.cheapflames.com/ . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Flames Jerseys China . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Flames Jerseys 2020 . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Just count it as another page in the storybook career of Tim Tebow.Tebow, on the first pitch of his first organized game since a state semifinal during his junior year of high school, hit a 91 mph fastball over the left-center wall for a home run on Wednesday. After circling the bases, Tebow was greeted at the plate by his New York Mets instructional league teammates, who had poured out of the dugout.Tebow, a former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL quarterback, had quietly taken those teenagers out to dinner Monday and to a movie Tuesday after intrasquad games.Its fun to be back out there playing a game, playing a game I love and havent played in a while, and getting to go compete at it too, Tebow said. Its really fun.The crowd, announced by the Mets at 269, also erupted as Tebow connected and circled the bases.Tebow finished 1-for-6. He logged five innings in left field and cut off the lone ball hit in his direction to hold the batter to a single.I liked a lot of my at-bats today, Tebow said. I felt like I hit the ball really hard four of the six times. Two of the times -- one to short, where we were doubled up, and then one I got jammed on -- those were the two Ive got to get the bat around a little faster.Four of the at-bats I felt really, really good about. I didnt swing at any breaking balls. I didnt feel like I really got fooled seeing it. I felt good seeing it out on the hand. I was just late on a couple of the fastballs.The long ball came off 6-foot-5 left-hander John Kilichowski, who was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 11th round out of Vanderbilt University in June.In the first inning a lot of guys will take the first pitch, and you just like to get ahead in the count, Kilichowski said. And I had some things I wanted to work on because its instructs and thats what you do. So I just went right in with a fastball and he just hit it out.Asked if he was at all excited about being on the wrong end of Tebows attention-grabbing first professional homer, Kilichowski said, Not really. Theres worse things. The guy works hard. He hit the ball hard. You cant be mad at him for that. ... The ability to hit the ball hard, he has to have that. Andd he did that.dddddddddddd Its a step in the right direction for him.There are five games remaining in the instructional league, although Tebow will be away for the one on Saturday because of his ESPN duties as a college football broadcaster.Mets officials have suggested that Tebows performance in the instructional league will determine whether he is ready to be sent to the Arizona Fall League or a winter league, or will just receive individual instruction this offseason. Tebow indicated its too early to know which path he will take.I have no idea, he said. For me, this is the third day getting to see live pitching. I feel better every day. Im just enjoying the coaching, enjoying being here. Well figure that out after next week.Tebow acknowledged differences between his former career as a quarterback and his baseball pursuit. He noted a pedal-to-the-metal approach doesnt precisely translate from football to baseball.Being on your feet for six hours, staying warm and stretched in between innings, thats different, Tebow said. When youre used to going four to six seconds of relentless effort, and now its something where youre getting longer breaks, thats a little different.Still, there are some similarities to his first training camp with the Denver Broncos.Having to adjust to a new locker room, new teammates, everything is brand-new for you -- even more so now than Denver for my first training camp there, Tebow said. But you learn from everything -- the good and the bad. There are so many different things from all of my experiences that I take and bring to this that I think help.As for why he swung at the first pitch Wednesday, Tebow said, I just wanted to have the approach that I was going to be aggressive. Thats something weve been talking about here every day and practicing it -- and really trying to go gap to gap, and trying to sit on off-speed stuff. But if you get a fastball, drive it, and be aggressive.Thats kind of my mentality anyway. I like it. It was probably a little high, but I tried to get good barrel on it, and luckily it went out. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen