Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

We take a look at how our divisional opponents drafted"

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 20.01.2020 07:23
von liny195 • 69 Beiträge

/>Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesStampede Blue homepageHorizontal - WhiteStampede Bluean Indianapolis Colts communityFollow Stampede Blue online:Follow Stampede Blue on TwitterFollow Stampede Blue on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchStampede Blue main menuFanpostsFanshotsColtsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Breaking NewsAndrew Luck Retires×2019 NFL Draft Roundup: Around the AFC SouthNew https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Rigoberto-Sanchez-Jersey ,17commentsWe take a look at how our divisional opponents draftedEDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:2019 NFL Draft Roundup: Around the AFC SouthTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Andy Lyons/Getty ImagesWith the 2019 NFL Draft in the books, it makes sense to take a look around the AFC South and see how the Colts’ divisional foes attacked their needs and the kinds of players they were able to land. I used our draft guide’s (did you know we had one of those?) team needs as well as our player evaluations in my analysis, because assigning draft grades at this point doesn’t mean all that much.Without further ado, here is a look at how the division drafted:TexansNeeds: OT, iOL, CB, RB, TEPhoto by Andy Lyons/Getty ImagesRound 1 - Pick 23: Tytus Howard Offensive Tackle, Alabama StateRound 2 - Pick 54: Lonnie Johnson Jr., Cornerback, KentuckyRound 2 - Pick 55: Max Scharping, Offensive Tackle, Northern IllinoisRound 3 - Pick 86: Kahale Warring, Tight End, San Diego StateRound 5 - Pick 161: Charles Omenihu, Defensive End, TexasRound 6 - Pick 195: Xavier Crawford, Defensive Back, Central MichiganRound 7 - Pick 220: Cullen Gillaspia, Fullback, Texas A&MThe Texans desperately needed help along their offensive line heading into this draft. They have been unable to protect Deshaun Watson, and Colts fans know better than most how big a problem that can become if you keep rolling the dice and getting your quarterback hit. They attempted to address that by taking Tytus Howard with their first round pick and later selecting Max Scharping in the 2nd. These guys are nearly polar opposites Marlon Mack Jersey , with Howard being a high upside raw athlete and Scharping being a high effort guy with athletic limitations. The consensus is mostly that they reached for Howard with better options on the board, but if they manage to develop him he could be a very good addition to a line that desperately needs it.They also took two defensive backs in this draft, Lonnie Johnson Jr. and Xavier Crawford. Johnson is a zone cover corner who possesses the athletic ability and size to be a quality part of the Texans defense. He struggles in press and can get turned around by proficient route runners, but he has the raw ability to be molded and grown as a player. Crawford is a small but quick corner who will give solid depth at the position but whose size may be an issue. Rounds 3 and 5 saw them take tight end Kahale Warring and defensive end Charles Omenihu. Personally, I really like Kahale Warring, but he seems like an odd pick for this team in particular. For one, he is a very raw player, with a limited football background. It seems as though a team with as much talent as they have would be looking for guys who can be difference makers right away, and Warring likely is not that. Omenihu is another interesting prospect. He is best suited to the interior defensive line as a 3-tech, and if that is where the Texans use him, he could be very successful as a disruptive force that takes advantage of the fact that offenses will have to deal with J.J. Watt and Clowney (maybe?) on the outside. They drafted fullback Cullen Gillaspia with pick 220, but that hardly addresses their need for talent at the running back position. Over all, this team needed to really knock this draft out of the park to stay on pace with the division, and I’m just not sure they did that. <hr class="p-entry-hr" id="z1A06d">TitansNeeds: Edge, TE, iDL, WR Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesRound 1 – Pick 19: DI Jeffery Simmons, Mississippi StateRound 2 – Pick 51: WR AJ Brown, Ole MissRound 3 – Pick 82: G Nate Davis, CharlotteRound 4 – Pick 116: S Amani Hooker, IowaRound 5 – Pick 168: Edge D’Andre Walker, GeorgiaRound 6 – Pick 188: LB David Long Jr. Quenton Nelson Color Rush Jersey , West VirginiaThe Titans seem like a team poised to take a big step forward in 2019. They have made a lot of solid moves this offseason, and this draft fits right in with that trend. With their first pick, they took defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons. That pick could of course, blow up in their face, because his injury makes him a bit of an unknown, but I liked the pick. This is a player who would have been a top ten pick if not for his torn ACL in February. The Titans got him at 19, and I think they’ll be glad they did come 2020.At pick 51 the Titans grabbed wide receiver A.J. Brown to provide a well-rounded weapon in the passing game. Brown is a solid route runner with good hands and quickness to make plays after the catch. He has the kind of consistency that translates well to the next level and should be able to make an immediate impact in a receiver room that was already greatly improved with the addition of Adam Humphries.The selection of Nate Davis in the 3rd might have been a bit of a reach, but he will make for a good developmental player who will benefit from the strength and conditioning an NFL team can provide. If he can refine his technique and improve his strength he could be a solid get for the Titans and help bolster their offensive line. At pick 116, the Titans grabbed Amani Hooker to add to their already fairly talented defensive backs group. Hooker is a smart and versatile safety who could contribute as a nickel right away and grow into a role beyond that point. He has the kind of balls skills and instincts that will make him a great addition to the defense.Linebackers D’Andre Walker and David Long both look like good gets for the Titans as well, Walker more suited to a OLB/DE role and Long as a stubborn undersized cover linebacker. Time will tell how this draft has improved this team, but they addressed several areas of concern and seem far better as a team than they were. The question remains as to what this team can expect to accomplish with Marcus Mariota under center. <hr class="p-entry-hr" id="ASiaQp">JaguarsNeeds: OT, iOL, TE, RB, WRPhoto by Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesRound 1 – Pick 7: Edge Josh Allen, KentuckyRound 2 – Pick 35: OT Jawaan Taylor, FloridaRound 3 – Pick 69: TE Josh Oliver, San Jose StateRound 3 – Pick 98: LB Quincy Williams, Murray StateRound 5 – Pick 140: RB Ryquell Armstead, TempleRound 6 – Pick 178: QB Gardner Minshew, Washington StateRound 7 – Pick 235: DT Dontavius Russell, AuburnThe Jaguars are an odd case. They are a better team than they were in 2018 https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Andrew-Luck-Jersey , but probably not as good as they were in 2017. This draft was a bit of a mixed bag, but honestly I’m not sure they needed a home run to be a much better team than they were last year.The selection of Josh Allen should immediately make this front seven the most horrifying group to face in the NFL. Seriously, good luck finding a defensive weakness. I am glad that is Frank Reich’s job, not mine, because it makes me a bit nauseous thinking about it. Jawaan Taylor was graded out as a first round talent at tackle and should be a very good addition to Jacksonville’s offensive line. Conditioning could be a concern with him, but if the Jaguars keep him in shape, they just got a lot better along their offensive line. While I really liked those first two picks, I am not a big fan of their selection of Josh Oliver. They opted to forego several better options like Jace Sternberger, Kahale Warring, and Dawson Knox, in favor of Oliver. Oliver has the potential to be a very good move tight end, but he is nowhere near ready to be a starting quality tight end, and Nick Foles really could have benefitted from having a player like Sternberger as a security blanket on an offense that is relatively toothless.The Jags then reached for linebacker Quincy Williams, brother of Quinnen Williams. Given the depth of that position group, bringing in a possible developmental player is not a huge deal, and this team has proven to be good at developing defensive talent, so while this probably was rich for him, who am I to question it?While this wasn’t necessarily a perfect draft, the Jaguars got better in several places. I still think they will struggle mightily to do much of anything on offense, given that they haven’t provided Nick Foles with much of anything in terms of offensive weapons. However, with a defense as good as theirs, they probably won’t have to do all that much anyway. The Indianapolis Colts are set to host the Miami Dolphins in their Week 12 matchup against two 5-5 teams as they both find themselves in the thick of the AFC Wild Card race. The Colts have already announced that four players (Mo Alie-Cox Josh Ferguson Jersey , Ryan Hewitt, Erik Swoope and Ryan Kelly) have been listed as OUT for this one, but their are some others who could have been seen as questionable to play as well.With Hewitt, Swoope and Alie-Cox being sidelined this week, only Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle will be available at the tight end position which could effect the play-calling from Frank Reich in order to give those two a break if the Colts are able to sustain some lengthy drives against the Miami defense.Malik Hooker and Clayton Geathers, both, missed practice at least once this week, but both will be active today nevertheless. Nate Hairston, who has also missed some time recently, will also return to the lineup against Miami. Additional to the four previously announced players for the Colts, Hassan Ridgeway, Denzelle Good and Jonathan Williams will be inactive today.As for the Dolphins, they only had WR Jakeem Grant listed as OUT pregame, but Danny Amendola, Davon Godchaux, Ja’Wuan James, Ted Larson and T.J. McDonald were all listed as QUESTIONABLE coming into this matchup. In the end, only Grant from this group will be inactive today.Here are the Dolphins inactives:

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen