Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

had stretched its advantage to 48-16, and the outcome was never in doubt again.STAT OF THE NIGHTThe Cowboys outreb

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 15.01.2020 06:45
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The Memphis Grizzlies have wanted Chandler Parsons since the forward knocked down an NBA-record 10 3-pointers in a half against them in January 2014. Now, they finally have the outside shooter theyve tried -- and failed -- to land for so many years.The Grizzlies also have someone eager to lure more top talent to Tennessee.Being the first big-name free agent to come here, I think thats special, and I want to be a trendsetter here, Parsons said Friday. Im going to work extremely hard to be the best basketball player I can be. But ... next summer you best believe Im going to be with him (general manager Chris Wallace) recruiting more talent to Memphis.The Grizzlies have brought big names to town trying to add a shooting threat to center Marc Gasol, forward Zach Randolph, defensive whiz Tony Allen and point guard Mike Conley. But Tayshaun Prince, Mike Miller on his second stint with the Grizzlies, and most recently Vince Carter came to Memphis later in their careers.Parsons, introduced Friday at a news conference, is 27 and shot 41.4 percent outside the arc last season. He also has averaged 14.3 points per game in his five seasons. He chose Memphis over Portland once free agency opened July 1, agreeing to a four-year, $94 million deal that was quickly followed by Conley reaching agreement on a five-year deal worth $153 million as part of a nearly $250 million spending spree by the Grizzlies.This is the guy weve been seeking for a number of years, Wallace said. He fits the description for that perimeter star to a `T that weve been searching so aggressively for for so many years, and we think hes got even more improvement in his bag of tricks.Memphis needed the big moves after some challenges over the past few months. Gasol needed surgery on his right foot in February, and Achilles tendinitis ended Conleys season in early March. Then the Grizzlies unexpectedly fired coach Dave Joerger on May 7 after just three seasons, and he quickly was hired by Sacramento.That opened up the job for David Fizdale, the former Miami Heat assistant who already had met Parsons years ago when coaching the NBAs rookie-sophomore game. Fizdale also hired J.B. Bickerstaff, an assistant in Houston, where Parsons played for three seasons, as his associate head coach, and Nick Van Exel, who worked in Dallas the past two seasons, as an assistant.I trust his coaching staff with my life, Parsons said.Parsons already knew about Memphis thanks to former Florida teammate Nick Calathes, and former Grizzlies guard Courtney Lee is one of his best friends. The combination made landing Parsons very easy when they met in Los Angeles, and he committed before Wallace and Fizdale left.He also gave Memphis a yes before Conley committed, but Parsons said they had been texting. Parsons said he is looking forward to playing with the point guard and for a team featuring what he believes is one of the best starting lineups in the NBA. Memphis has reached the playoffs six straight seasons, a streak second only to San Antonio (19) and Atlanta (9) in the league.Just looking at this core and what theyve established here over the years, like I said, I wanted to be a part of that, Parsons said. I think my game, my style of play fits perfectly with what theyre doing here. Stars Jerseys China . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Wholesale Stars Jerseys . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. https://www.cheapstarsonline.com/ . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Stars Jerseys 2021 . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Dallas Stars Gear . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. STILLWATER, Okla. -- Leyton Hammonds had 15 points and a game-high 13 rebounds as Oklahoma State rolled to a 117-72 victory over New Orleans Wednesday night.Six different players scored in double digits for Oklahoma State (3-0), which hit the 100-point plateau for the third consecutive game -- for just the second time in school history and first since the 1993-94 season.Hammonds had just eight points on 4-of-8 shooting in the first two games combined, getting completely shut out in the Cowboys opener, and surpassed those totals in the first eight minutes against New Orleans.We had a lot of guys in double figures, we shared the ball really well today, Hammonds said. But our main thing was defense. We were just playing great on defense, everybody was. It kind of gave us some energy on offense to share the ball and get easy baskets. It made it easy for us.Erik Thomas scored 18 points and had five rebounds, while Jorge Rosa contributed 14 points, for New Orleans (1-1).We did very few things at a high level, and we have to get better on all aspects offensively, said Privateers coach Mark Slessinger. We have to execute at a much higher rate. We have to be able to communicate defensively at a higher rate, which we did not do.The Cowboys led from wire-to-wire, jumping out to a big lead early and building on it the rest of the way. They led 68-36 at halftime, with their first-half offensive output setting a new school record.All in all, I thought it was a terrific first half, said first-year OSU coach Brad Underwood. I really challenged them in the second half to maintain that, I know human nature becomes a little more difficult. Six guys in double figures, 22 assists, 10 turnovers -- good numbers. I think weve improved.BIG PICTURENew Orleans: Following a 103-67 win over Division III LaGrange College last Friday in their season opener, the Privateers appeared out of their depth for much of the night. After holding LaGrange to just 36 percent (23 for 64), New Orleans allowed OSU a 53.5 shooting percentage. Starting forward Makur Puou scored 10 points and had eigght rebounds against LaGrange, but was held off the score sheet while picking up four rebounds.dddddddddddd New Orleans also turned it over just 11 times in the opener, but had 23 in this one.Oklahoma State: For a team that had already scored 102 points in each of its first two victories, the Cowboys found another offensive gear this time. With no starter playing more than 20 minutes, Oklahoma State still received 13 points and eight assists from Jawun Evans, while Phil Forte scored 13. Jeffrey Carroll scored 14 points with three steals off the bench, while freshman Lucas NGuessan scored 11 points with six rebounds, and fellow freshman Lindy Waters also scored 11. But among all the impressive statistics was that they turned the ball over just 10 times, including just twice in the first half.TURNING POINTWhen Michael Zeno drove the lane and dunked 4:38 into the contest, it cut Oklahoma States lead to 14-8, but the Cowboys erupted for a 24-4 run over the next five minutes that enabled them to take over the game. After Mitchell Solomon sank a free throw with 7:25 left in the first half, Oklahoma State had stretched its advantage to 48-16, and the outcome was never in doubt again.STAT OF THE NIGHTThe Cowboys outrebounded New Orleans 47-29, limiting the Privateers to just eight offensive rebounds. New Orleans had 47 rebounds (22 offensive) in its opener against LaGrange.A big challenge coming into this game was controlling the glass, Underwood said. The Thomas kid had nine offensive rebounds in their first game -- I dont care who you do that against, thats a big-time effort. We took that challenge on, and it was great to see.UP NEXTNew Orleans: remains in Oklahoma, visiting Tulsa on Saturday. The Golden Hurricane is 0-2 after losing to Wichita State 80-53 Wednesday night.Oklahoma State: travels to Hawaii to take part in the Maui Jim Maui Invitational Tournament on Monday, first facing UConn, who have started 0-2 so far this year. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen