Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

J.J. Watt remembers standing outside the Packers

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 26.12.2019 08:47
von liny195 • 69 Beiträge

' practice field as a kid https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/hats , watching Brett Favre through the holes of the chain-link fence. He dreamed of one day being on the other side.That dream became a reality — sort of — on Monday, as the Packers welcomed Watt and the Texans to Green Bay for the first of two joint practices before the teams meet in their preseason opener Thursday night."I'm very grateful for the reception and the way that they treat me here," said Watt, a Wisconsin native. "The amount of love and support that they've shown me ... it's pretty cool. I literally dreamt about this as a kid."Watt's dream, however, did not include a broken bicycle seat and a groin injury.Since the late 1950s, Packers players have ridden children's bikes to practice during training camp while kids run alongside holding the players' helmets. It's a spectacle Watt witnessed as a kid and finally participated in on Monday."It was pretty awesome until I broke the bike," he said.Watt, a graduate of Pewaukee High School, about 130 miles south of Green Bay, hopped on the bike of 5-year-old Biraj Sadhu."He had a (Aaron) Rodgers jersey on, which is fine," Watt said. "I respect it. I support loyalty."After a few pedal churns through the Lambeau Field parking lot, the seat snapped."The bike that I was using was not equipped for a 290-pound man Green Bay Packers Hoodie , and the seat broke off," he said. "I've purchased a new bike for the boy. I apologize for that."Watt received another bike — a much larger one — from teammate DeAndre Hopkins and rode the rest of the way to the practice field.The Texans and Packers started on separate fields and then converged for a few 1-on-1 and 7-on-7 drills and faced off in a full-team scrimmage.Watt left practice early after experiencing tightness in his groin. Head coach Bill O'Brien said Watt probably won't practice Tuesday. Watt doubts he'll play Thursday either."I doubt that they'll let me out there," he said. "But regardless, it's going to be cool to go out in Lambeau Field and step on the grass and see the fans and just to live that moment. Like I've said all along, it was a dream of mine as a kid, so it's going to be pretty cool whether I'm playing or not."About an hour and 20 minutes into practice, Houston cornerback Lonnie Johnson Jr. drilled Green Bay rookie tight end Jace Sternberger on a pass over the middle, causing Sternberger's helmet to pop off. Johnson then followed with a taunt and little dance, prompting several players to jaw at each other."I can't speak for them. ... I just know what I saw out there, and that particular play, that's not what we want to be about," Packers coach Matt LaFleur said.LaFleur said he and O'Brien discussed the play and then O'Brien kicked Johnson out of practice."It's not a big deal. It's just a play that developed over there and it was time for Lonnie to head to the showers," O'Brien said.The two teams will practice together again Tuesday.NOTES: Monday was also a homecoming for Houston rookie OT Max Scharping. The Texans drafted the Green Bay native in the second round out of Northern Illinois. "I think this has to be a surreal experience for him and I'm glad he gets to experience it," Watt said of Scharping. "I hope he has tons of people here for this and tons of people here for the game because as a rookie Vince Biegel Color Rush Jersey , I don't even know if he knows how special this is and how moments like this you really hold onto and cherish." ... Packers K Mason Crosby (calf) took his first kicks of training camp. ... Green Bay CB Kevin King and RBs Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones remain sidelined with hamstring injuries. RB Tra Carson received first-team reps in the backfield on Monday.Keith Jenkins can be reached at https://twitter.com/MrKeithJenkins GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Going into his first practice as Packers head coach, Matt LaFleur is trying to downplay the past.At least a little bit.“I wanted to make it about these guys,” LaFleur said following Tuesday’s minicamp practice.“When you come to the Green Bay Packers, obviously, you respect the tradition, the history, but, for us and this football team, it’s about making history.“We’ll always pay credit and respect to what’s been done here in the past, but it’s moving forward. And the expectation level is always going to be great in this organization, as it should be, and that’s really the vibe and what I want our guys to focus on.”After eight consecutive playoff berths, the Packers have fallen short of the postseason the past two seasons. After winning two MVP awards and challenging for a third in 2016 while propelling the team to the NFC championship game Dexter Williams Jersey , quarterback Aaron Rodgers has struggled by his stellar standards.LaFleur has been busy putting his fingerprint on the team. It’s been small but noticeable things, such as painting the hallways and meeting rooms a bright white.“There was a lot of paint involved,” LaFleur joked.And it’s been big things, such as conducting a pre-draft minicamp and teaching a new offensive system.Tuesday’s practice was the first time the team hit the practice field since December.Only a fraction of the playbook has been installed, but Rodgers likes all the big plays he’s seen on video.“I think what every coach will do in this situation — and it happens whether you’re putting in new plays with the same system or when it’s wholesale changes — the clips that we’re seeing of this offense are big plays,” Rodgers said.“They’re showing us these plays and Julio (Jones is) running 80 for a touchdown or hitting Santana Moss or DeSean Jackson for big plays. Those are exciting. You look at those and go, ‘Man, this offense is incredible.’ It’s obviously cherry-picked to look as good as possible. The plays look great on the film. It’s going to be incorporating them with the guys that we have and finding who those guys are who run those plays best and putting our best players in position to make an impact in the game.”Rodgers was in a playful mood, fielding questions about “Game of Thrones” and the Milwaukee Bucks — the NBA team for which he is a minority owner. After two difficult seasons for the Packers, LaFleur wants to make things fun again.“I think when you really sit down and think about it, whether you’re coaching in this league or whether you’re playing in this league, you’ve got to feel pretty fortunate that you’re in the position that you’re in,” LaFleur said.“So why not go to work every day and have fun with it? It does not need to be an uptight environment. We can certainly come in, get our work done http://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Jace-Sternberger-Jersey , and have a ball doing it. Because at the end of the day, it’s about guys playing football, you know? It’s still playing. So, we want to have a blast each and every day.”Rodgers compared learning LaFleur’s offense to learning a new language. So, it seems, is LaFleur’s approach to the team’s rich history.“I think the great thing about Matt is it’s been very clear messaging,” Rodgers said. “He’s been great in front of the room. It’s a forward focus. It’s about building today for a better tomorrow. He’s done a great job of talking about how the most important thing is us moving forward together and having a deference and appreciation for the past.“But, you know, it’s not like we haven’t won a Super Bowl in a while, so that’s the goal, and it’s about doing things with this team right now. I mean, it’s Green Bay. The history and tradition of excellence so nobody has a problem with the past or bashing the past or offending anybody from the past. But we want to do something special moving forward.”

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen