Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

ays, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play f

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 15.12.2019 07:42
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

DANA POINT, Calif. -- There was serious Olympic hardware on display Friday night at the 2016 espnW: Women + Sports Summit, with a panel of seven Olympic stars. Not surprisingly, these women were incredibly motivating. Some of their best, hard-earned advice:Make the decision -- in every moment -- to be positive.April Ross, beach volleyball (two-time Olympic medalist): Im one of the best beach volleyball players in the world but I was still, up until a few years ago, really insecure, and always asking myself, Am I really good enough?Those doubts always seep in if you let them. Its a conscious decision to not let them ... and choose a good thought over a bad thought every second of the day. It does add up and it does help. Its gotten me to a place where Im not afraid to be great.Remember what you want to represent.Maggie Steffens, water polo (two-time gold medalist): As a kid, every time we walked out the door, stepped out on the soccer field, basketball court or in the pool, [my dad would] tell us, Remember your last name. ... At first, I was a kid, and I was like, yeah obviously. Cool, Dad.But slowly, but surely, after going through this process, the day in, day out grind and trying to achieve your dream, [I realized] what that meant to represent your last name ... Being an Olympian is not about the title, its about what you do with it. Its about the name that youre representing and its no longer about just your last name ... its your entire teams last name, and now your last name is the United States of America.Know how influential you may already be.Ashleigh Johnson, water polo (gold medalist in 2016): We went to the Netherlands and this little girl and her mom came up to me and they were so happy to see me play. They told me, We dont have any black women that play at high levels in water polo in the Netherlands. ... We have no one to look up to in the sport. Weve been following your team because youre here. It was so amazing to me because Id never thought of myself in that role -- as someone little boys and little girls look up to.Bring balance to your training.Kayla Harrison, judo (two-time gold medalist): For me, the balance really is this: I use this [sport] as a platform. This is great, and winning gold medals is awesome, but its a very selfish thing. Judo is amazing and I love it and I love to beat people up -- but I do it for me. I dont do it for anybody else. So the balance is having something outside that that I care about and I pursue for other people.Harrison founded the Fearless Foundation, a non-profit aimed at helping prevent child sexual abuse.Enjoy the process, and measure your success by that.Maya DiRado, swimming (four-time medalist in 2016): Its great to come out of this journey with these [medals] and with this really obvious expression of success, but the joy was in the 15 years leading up to it, and growing as a person and learning how to work hard, to keep going, keep going, keep going and be the best version of [myself].Dalilah Muhammad, 400-meter hurdles (first-ever gold U.S. gold medalist in her event): Its only after the race and after the fact that you realize that [finishing second] isnt even close to failure. The true success happened ... at the beginning when you started training for the Olympics, every time you fell during practice and got back up, every time you wanted to play, but didnt. Winning the medal happens in a moment, but its really that process that you took to get there.Have role models -- but dont compare yourself to them.Helen Maroulis, wrestling (first-ever U.S. gold medalist in womens wrestling): I never felt like I had the mindset that it took to be a champion. If you told me I cant, Id probably just be like, OK, I guess so. But wrestling was truly my passion so I stuck with it. ... When wrestling became an Olympic sport it was the best thing ever because I had females to look up to, but then I compared myself to them. ... I would think, What if I cant ever do that, what if I cant achieve that? So my advice is -- and its from my pastor: Dont compare your behind-the-scenes to someone elses highlight reel. And that made a huge difference for me.And never be afraid to laugh at yourself.Even these Olympic stars have their moments. They also shared their most embarrassing experiences -- which include President Obama and Aly Raismans socks, among others: Nike Air Max 270 Sale Australia . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Air Max 97 Womens Sale Australia . JOHNS, N. http://www.salenikeshoesaustralia.com/nmd-clearance/nmd-mens-cheap.html . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Yeezy 350 V2 For Sale Australia . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Nike Shoes Outlet Australia . And when it opened, every player was at his stall. Thats a sure sign that a team is in a slump and is searching for answers. "Its embarrassing to be at home and play the way we did," said defenceman Josh Gorges. Just call him Marc Janko - with a bonus.One look at the pedigree of Sydney FCs marquee striker Bobo is enough to convince even sceptics he can deliver the goals so sorely missed last A-League season.The 31-year-old Brazilian import is Besiktas all-time top scorer, with 97 goals in 222 games.Hes won championships with the Turkish giants and Brazilian side Corinthians, hit the back of the net in the Champions League and represented Brazil at under-20 level.Its no surprise coach Graham Arnold believes Bobo can help steer the Sky Blues back to the heights of 2014-15, when Austrian international Janko belted in 16 goals to propel the club to the grand final.But Arnold says his new foreign striker offers more than the clinical finishing of his predecessor.Unlike Janko, almost exclusively a poacher, Bobo is also a creator.He can do both, Arnold told AAP.Janko was a player who stood offside most of the time and waited for the chances - Bobos a player who gets involved in the build-up.Marc scored 16 goals and got maybe one or two assists - Bobo will get goals and assists.He gets involved in combination play, but also makes a lot of forward runs to score goals.It was on display in last weeks 3-0 FFA Cup quarter-final win, when his clever movement yieelded two assists and a maiden club goal against Blacktown City.ddddddddddddIt was the standout factor when Arnold and football manager Terry McFlynn were analysing the 158 CVs sent in by hopefuls.He was about No.120 that we kept looking back at, Arnold said.Positive character references from former Sydney player Juninho and the clubs other marquee player, ex-Besiktas teammate Filip Holosko, sealed the deal.Bobo and Holosko have seamlessly revived their attacking partnership, one element of a front third already showing more spark.Albeit only in pre-season, there have been encouraging signs from David Carney, Milos Ninkovic and returning captain Alex Brosque, with gifted winger Bernie Ibini expected to get minutes imminently.Arnold is under no illusions his team need to deliver after last seasons seventh-placed finish.Bobo isnt daunted by the pressure; hes dealt with it many times over a 13-year career.Filip being here has helped my transition, which has straight away shown on the field, said Bobo, who last played for Brazilian side Gremio.Its a big club with a winning culture. I want to win and develop my game. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen