Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

e up five singles and three runs in the first, then scattered two hits in four scoreless innings before leaving after 90 pitches

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 12.12.2019 12:35
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

TORONTO -- A franchise-best 14th straight win sure didnt come easy for the Cleveland Indians.Carlos Santana homered in the 19th inning off infielder Darwin Barney, and the Indians beat the Toronto Blue Jays 2-1 on Friday.I guess if youre going to set a record, you might as well do it the hard way, Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer said.Cleveland won 13 straight in 1942 and again in 1951.Its the longest winning streak since Atlanta won 14 straight in 2013, and the longest by an American League team since Oakland won 20 in a row in 2002.Santana doubled and scored in the third, as the surging Indians survived a marathon game and disappointed a sellout crowd that came for a Canada Day matinee that lasted 6 hours and 13 minutes, featured 19 pitchers and saw 34 left on base.The 19 innings matched the longest game in Blue Jays history. Toronto played 19 against Detroit in August 2014.Having used seven of their eight relievers, the Indians turned to Bauer, Saturdays scheduled starter, in the 15th. Bauer (7-2) worked five innings for the win.I thought what Trevor did was above and beyond, Indians manager Terry Francona said.Only closer Cody Allen, who was unavailable after working the previous three games, did not pitch for Cleveland.After seven Blue Jays relievers combined to pitch 10 1/3 scoreless innings, Toronto turned to infielder Ryan Goins in the 18th.Jose Ramirez and Lonnie Chisenhall began the inning with singles, but Ramirez was caught in a rundown on Michael Martinezs fielders choice grounder. After intentionally walking Tyler Naquin, Goins escaped the bases-loaded jam by getting Chris Gimenez to ground into a double play.Barney, who started the game at second base, replaced Goins in the 19th. The infielders became the ninth and 10th position players to pitch for Toronto.Thats a weird game, Francona said. Shoot, theyre matching up with infielders.Santana greeted Barney (0-1) with a drive to right-center, his 17th.The Blue Jays loaded the bases with two outs in the 14th, but Joba Chamberlain got reigning AL MVP Josh Donaldson to ground out.Donaldson nearly tied it in the 19th, but his drive to right was caught on the warning track.I thought he hit it out for sure, Bauer said. He hit it and I was like Youve got to be kidding me. Torontos only run came in the sixth, when Justin Smoak snapped an 0-for-18 slump by homering off Cleveland starter Josh Tomlin. It was the eighth of the season for Smoak and the 100th of his career.The Blue Jays lost major league RBI leader Edwin Encarnacion when he was ejected for arguing after being called out on strikes to end the first inning. Manager John Gibbons was also ejected.All three Blue Jays batters were called out on strikes in the first, with Encarnacion livid after being rung up on a 3-2 pitch that looked outside.Encarnacion made contact with home plate umpire Vic Carapazzas left shoulder after being ejected. Gibbons rushed out to break up the argument and was also tossed.Catcher Russell Martin was ejected by Carapazza after striking out to end the 13th. A fuming Martin had to be restrained by bench coach DeMarlo Hale and third-base coach Luis Rivera as he screamed at Carapazza.He just wasnt very good today, Martin said of Carapazza. All the things that everybody in the ballpark were thinking, I didnt say that. I felt like he really didnt have to throw me out.Clevelands Jason Kipnis extended his hitting streak to 13 games with an RBI single off Marcus Stroman in the third.UNEXPECTED EFFORTExpected to start Saturday, Bauer threw what he called a fairly intense bullpen and lifted weights Thursday, then lifted again before Fridays game. Physically, Im exhausted, he said.TRAINERS ROOMBlue Jays: OF Jose Bautista (left big toe) is not expected to return before the All-Star break, Gibbons said. Bautista was injured June 16 at Philadelphia.UP NEXTIndians: Clevelands starter for Saturday is unknown after Bauer was used in relief. Were working through that right now, Francona said afterward. Weve got some things weve got to talk through.Blue Jays: RHP Marco Estrada (5-3, 2.81) has allowed at least one home run in each of his past five starts. Ke’Bryan Hayes Jersey . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. Pie Traynor Jersey .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. https://www.cheappiratesjerseys.us/ . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. Phil Garner Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Deacon White Jersey . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. CHICAGO -- The Seattle Mariners were forced to send a pitcher to the minors to add infield depth with Kyle Seager banged up.The lack of bullpen options proved costly.The Mariners turned to Nick Vincent in the ninth, and he allowed Todd Fraziers line single down the left-field line to give the Chicago White Sox a 7-6 victory Thursday night.Weve used Nick a lot lately, but you know in this situation on the road we try to hold out to close until you get a lead, Seattle manager Scott Servais said. We didnt have much bullpen depth at that point.Adam Eaton led off the ninth with a bloop single off Vincent (3-4) and went to second on Tim Andersons sacrifice. Jose Abreu was walked intentionally before Fraziers liner over third scored Eaton, leading to a pileup of players behind the pitchers mound.David Robertson (4-2) worked around a walk and two incidents of fans running on the field in the ninth that delayed play for several minutes in Chicagos fourth win in five games.The first two guys I was like, `Ok. All right. Theyve got it under control, Robertson said. The next guy, I got a little angry there.Robinson Cano hit his 29th home run and the Mariners wasted a solid return off the disabled list by James Paxton in their third straight loss. Seattle fell 7 1/2 games behind AL West-leading Texas.Leonys Martin had a two-run single in a three-run sixth as Seattle built a 6-3 lead off White Sox starter Anthony Ranaudo.But Anderson, who had three hits, led a seventh-inning rally with an RBI double off struggling Arquimedes Caminero before Fraziers two-out ground single off Steve Cishek tied it.Seattle sent right-hander Tony Zych to Triple-A Tacoma before the game and added infielder Mike Freeman with Seager (bruised foot) sitting out a second straight game.Paxton gave up five singles and three runs in the first, then scattered two hits in four scoreless innings before leaving after 90 pitches in his first start since getting hit on the elbow by a comebacker Aug. 7.It was just a little bit of rust, said Paxton, who added he felt no pain. I was missing the middle a little bit and they were finding some holes.dddddddddddd As it went along I made some better pitches.Ketel Martes fielding error on J.B. Shucks leadoff grounder in the seventh led to three unearned runs for Chicago.Ranaudo was charged with six runs and five hits in 5 1/3 innings in his third third start with the White Sox.Against a lineup like that, your mistakes get exposed, Ranaudo said. I think that happened, but luckily weve got a good team and were having some fun right now.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: Servais said Seager is 50-50 to play Friday. Todays better than yesterday, Seager said after the game. So thats a good thing. DH Nelson Cruz hit a sacrifice fly in the first a day after leaving with back spasms.White Sox: LF Melky Cabrera (illness) sat out. ... GM Rick Hahn said CF Austin Jackson (knee surgery) and INF Matt Davidson (broken foot) wont return this season. ... An MRI on 2B Brett Lawrie, out with hamstring, calf and knee issues, came back clean.UNRULINESSTwo men initially ran on the field, with one removing his shirt. One was tackled on the field, while another jumped back into the stands before he was taken by security. Then before a pitch was thrown, another fan ran on the field and also took off his shirt.It was tough, said Norichika Aoki, whose at-bat was interrupted before he eventually struck out. Once is fine, but twice that makes it harder.LEBLANC CUTLHP Wade LeBlanc, acquired from Toronto in June, was designated for assignment to make room for Paxton. LeBlanc had a 4.50 ERA in 11 games with Seattle, including eight starts.I thought he pitched great, Servais said. My fingers are crossed that he doesnt get claimed, but everybody is looking for pitching.With LeBlanc gone, LHP Ariel Miranda will start Saturday.UP NEXTA showdown of aces Friday night, as Seattle RHP Felix Hernandez (8-4, 3.26 ERA) faces LHP Chris Sale (15-6, 3.15). Hernandez is 3-0 with a 2.73 ERA and 30 strikeouts in four starts this month. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen