Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

being part of a lengthy rebuilding plan on Long Island, Okposo says he likes the Sabres approach.I think theyre been going at a

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 11.12.2019 11:45
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

The Buffalo Sabres have signed one of the top players on the free-agent market, picking up?Kyle Okposo on a seven-year contract worth $42 million Friday.Okposo, 28, had spent his nine-year career with the New York Islanders. He is a three-time 20-goal scorer.He was drafted high. He was a high-profile guy. And hes lived up to that, Sabres general manager Tim Murray said of Okposo, who was selected seventh overall in the 2006 draft. Its exciting to get a player of his caliber that had a choice of, I wont say 30 teams, but certainly a lot of teams, and decided to come here.Okposo?fills a top-line need on a Sabres team that has spent the past two years rebuilding through youth. He scored 64 points during the regular season in 2015-16 and put up two goals and six assists in the playoffs as the Islanders won a postseason series for the first time since 1993.Murray already envisions Okposo playing right wing on a line centered by either Ryan OReilly or Jack Eichel.After playing alongside Islanders captain John Tavares, Okposo is already looking forward to the possibilities of what the Sabres lineup has to offer.What sold me first and foremost, and Ive been saying it all day, is the chance to win the Stanley Cup, and I think we have a lot of pieces in place that can help us achieve that goal, Okposo said. And when I looked at their forwards, and especially their top two centers in OReilly and Eichel, those guys are only going to continue to get better, especially Jack. Hes got superstar status.Okposo is an eight-year NHL veteran and was regarded as one of the top players available on the market after Steven Stamkos elected to re-sign with Tampa Bay on Wednesday.The Sabres are attempting to quicken their push to become contenders after showing signs of improvement last season. Buffalo finished 23rd in the standings this past season after two consecutive last-place finishes. After being part of a lengthy rebuilding plan on Long Island, Okposo says he likes the Sabres approach.I think theyre been going at an accelerated rate, Okposo said. I think we can get there quicker than I did with the Islanders.Okposo becomes the Sabres second-highest-paid player, behind OReilly, who signed a seven-year, $52 million deal shortly after being acquired in a trade from Colorado last summer. And Okposo is close with Sabres forward Matt Moulson. The two played together in New York, and are godfathers of each others children.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Cheap Jerseys From China .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. Jerseys NFL Wholesale . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. http://www.cheapwholesalejerseyschina.com/ . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Authentic Jerseys Cheap .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Turkey denied host Brazil its lone win in womens basketball Saturday, rallying from 18 points down in the third quarter and beating the Brazilians 79-76 in double overtime.Brazil (0-5) had the biggest and loudest crowd of group play trying to will the Brazilians to a win. It was working early, as Brazil grabbed an early lead and appeared to be cruising before Turkey went on a 24-5 run to set up a thrilling finish that kept fans on their feet.Lara Sanders led Turkey (3-2) with 23 points, but Isil Alben engineered the comeback with 18 points, nine rebounds and eigght steals.ddddddddddddBrazil had a chance to send the game to triple-overtime. Iziane Castros 3-pointer bounced off the left rim at the buzzer, leaving coach Antonio Carlos Barbosa sitting stunned on the bench.Castro finished with 22 points in what was a long day for Brazil basketball fans. The mens team lost in double-overtime, 111-107 against Argentina, shortly before the womens game ended.---Online:AP Summer Games website: http://summergames.ap.org/ ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8142 Themen und 8738 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen