Willkommen im Weihnachtsforum von PlanetXmas

n track with Miguel Gonzalez on the mound Saturday. Gonzalez boasts a 2-5 record and a pedestrian 4.28 ERA but has been solid in

in Weihnachts-Forum von Planet Xmas 07.12.2019 12:12
von jcy123 • 5.628 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Twins broke through for a victory for the second time in 10 games against the Chicago White Sox in one of the weirdest ways possible Friday night: A pinch-hit, walk-off walk by Joe Mauer.Despite an illustrious career filled with batting titles, All-Star games and an MVP award, it was only the second career walk-off plate appearance for Mauer, whose walk gave the Twins to a 2-1 victory.An on-base machine over his career, White Sox pitcher Tommy Kahnle got strike one before missing on four straight balls to walk in the winning run.That might be my first (walk-off walk), Mauer said. I was happy for the opportunity. I havent (had that chance) a whole lot over my career but those are fun situations to be in and when you come through like tonight, its even better.It was a tough way for Chicago to lose as its dropped three straight contests. The White Sox trail the Central Division-leading Cleveland Indians by 9 1/2 games and the Boston Red Sox, the second wildcard, by seven.You feel like you gave it to them if youre not going to throw strikes, White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. Thats what makes it tougher.Chicago tries to get back on track with Miguel Gonzalez on the mound Saturday. Gonzalez boasts a 2-5 record and a pedestrian 4.28 ERA but has been solid in five July starts, lasting at least six innings in each turn and posting a 2.76 ERA in that span. He has won just one of those outings however and the White Sox are 2/3 in games he has started since July 1.Gonzalez has struggled in three career games against the Twins, posting a 1-2 record with a 5.94 ERA.Minnesota goes with Tommy Milone (3-3, 4.97 ERA), who is looking to rebound off one of his worst starts of the season last time out against the Red Sox on Sunday when he allowed eight runs (four earned) on 10 hits in 4 2/3 innings.A solid outing by Milone could help boost his trade value for a contender looking for a long reliever or bottom of the rotation arm heading into Mondays trade deadline. Minnesota traded infielder Eduardo Nunez on Thursday in the first of what is expected to be a busy weekend for the team with the American Leagues worst record. Rumors have been swirling about the future of a number of the Twins veterans.Milone gave up five runs on nine hits and a walk in 3 1/3 innings against the White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field on June 30, but has generally fared well against them in his career. The left-hander is 4-1 with a 2.75 ERA in nine starts. Wholesale Jerseys From China . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Cheap NFL jerseys China . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. http://www.wholesalechinajerseys.net/ . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Shop . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Supply NFL Jerseys . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Nearly 1,000 career receptions and being ranked in the top 10 of the NFLs all-time receiving yardage list cuts no weight with Jacksonville Jaguars rookie cornerback Jalen Ramsey.Ramsey, the No. 5 pick of the 2016 NFL draft, and Ravens wide receiver?Steve Smith?got into an exchange on the field after Baltimores 19-17 victory on Sunday and had to be separated. Ramsey said he thinks Smith was upset because of the way Ramsey was covering him -- and said he has no respect for the 37-year-old wide receiver.Yall tell me who got in whose head, Ramsey said. He came up to me after the game, you feel me? Yall tell me who got in whose head. Hes an old man acting like that.Aint nobody worried about him. He came up to me, you know what Im saying, on some disrespectful stuff. The games over with. You still mad cause I was locking you up? All right, go sleep on that. I aint trying to hear that after the game.Smith caught eight passes for 87 yards. He had four of those catches in the fourth quarter, including a 5-yarder to convert a fourth-and-2 on the Raavens game-winning drive.ddddddddddddhe impetus of the postgame exchange came with little more than three minutes to play, when Ramsey and Smith were penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct stemming from an altercation after Jaguars linebacker Paul Posluszny intercepted Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.It is what it is, Ramsey said. As a player, hes still a good player. Ill say that about him. But I dont respect him as a man.Smith fired back at Ramsey in two tweets posted later Sunday evening, proclaiming, I got cleats with stronger thread [than] you!!!On Monday morning, Smith appeared on ESPNs Mike and Mike and said he will follow Ramsey after he retires at the end of the season.Guess what, 16 years, Im done playing football and (will) sit behind a mic, Smith said. The eye in the sky doesnt lie. Im going to have a lot of Sundays to evaluate a lot of players. He will be a player I will be wearing my glasses with so I dont miss anything. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Weihnachten kommt immer sehr plötzlich ...
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eeffrrr151
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 8141 Themen und 8737 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen